|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter's greatest motivating factor?
2. What is the name of the person who offers Tzu the command of armies?
3. What has Bean had no luck in finding during his search for the cure to his condition?
4. Who does Peter ask Felix to help him capture?
5. What is Peter's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Petra doing when she goes into labor, and why is this such a surprise?
2. What does Graff do to help Ender and Bean?
3. What does Peter NOT want Felix to know about Bean, and why?
4. How does Randi leave her husband, and where does she go?
5. What are Graff's motives in helping Ender and Bean?
6. What problem arises when Bean and Petra try to have children?
7. How does Bean plan to find his babies once they are born?
8. What does Virlomi do to prove the atrocities being committed by Muslims?
9. What two things is Bean unable to locate in Chapter 2?
10. How does Petra offend Alai, and what happens after this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of manipulation from this book, and how would the plot have been different had these betrayals not occurred?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main elements of foreshadowing from this book, and how did their fulfillment shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the most evil things Volescu did in this plot, and what were his reasons for these actions?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)