|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Virlomi NOT as smart as Alai?
2. Who goes on the starship when Bean will not?
3. How does Volescu plan to end the human race?
4. Who does Peter ask Felix to help him capture?
5. What kind of government does Peter want to establish to create peace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Petra doing when she goes into labor, and why is this such a surprise?
2. What does Bean say must be done for people to see that they do not want war?
3. What do the two new essayists write about on the net?
4. What does Bean call the video message from Virlomi, and why?
5. How does Randi leave her husband, and where does she go?
6. What happens when Tzu meets Rackham in China?
7. What happens when Bean visits Volescu in prison?
8. What are Graff's motives in helping Ender and Bean?
9. Who does Bean try to contact when he cannot locate his embryos, and why?
10. What does Vlad think about countries with Ender's Jeesh in them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some examples of each kind of conflict in Bean's life, and how did he respond to each of these examples? What does this indicate about his character and personality?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main elements of foreshadowing from this book, and how did their fulfillment shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How did the literary tool of symbolism affect this plot, and what were some of the most important symbols?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)