|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Bean had no luck in finding during his search for the cure to his condition?
2. Who are the Enders fighting against?
3. Who is the first person that Peter shows his Constitution to?
4. Why is Julian's life span expected to be limited?
5. What does Peter say to Alai when he realizes the conversation is being listened to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alai tell Peter about Muslims, and what is Peter's response to this?
2. How does Volescu plan to destroy the human race?
3. What does Bean think should be done for Ender's pension?
4. What does Bean say must be done for people to see that they do not want war?
5. What does Bean say about the position and responsibility that Peter has been given on the Earth?
6. How does Petra offend Alai, and what happens after this?
7. What does Randi say is the hardest thing to do before she disappears?
8. What problem arises when Bean and Petra try to have children?
9. What does Peter NOT want Felix to know about Bean, and why?
10. What does Vlad think about countries with Ender's Jeesh in them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Petra and Bean's relationship change over the course of this book, and what were the major causes of these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Dedication was a trait that caused a lot of problems for people in this book. What are some of these instances, and how did the characters in these instances respond to the situations?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think is the most important motivating factor in this book, and why? Please substantiate your ideas with citations from the text.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)