|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bean compare Alai to when talking about his desire to build?
2. Where does Randi hope to live?
(a) On a new colony.
(b) In Russia.
(c) In America.
(d) On a space station.
3. Why is Petra unable to read the letter from Bean when she returns home?
(a) She is afraid of the contents.
(b) She is too emotional.
(c) She wants to stay happy.
(d) She is angry with him.
4. What does Petra tell her mother changes people?
5. What does Crazy Tom say an army would need to be able to do to beat Bean at war?
(a) Wait until he dies.
(b) Distract him with news of his children.
(c) Fake a compromise.
(d) Threaten Petra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spends time with Petra's children every day?
2. What did Vlad leave behind before he left the Earth?
3. When will the office of Hegemon be revoked?
4. What is Fly's last name?
5. Who does Virlomi think is trying to control her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peter have few responsibilities at the end of the book?
2. What does Virlomi do before she is married?
3. What does Bean tell Graff after he is already on the starship?
4. What does Bean do when he realizes he is going into space sooner than expected?
5. Why was Peter denied entrance to Battle School?
6. Who does Peter want to write his biography, and why?
7. How does Bean say he will be able to handle three children alone on the starship?
8. What does Petra realize after Peter leaves when she returns home?
9. Why does Alai tell Virlomi to wait to start a war, and how does she respond to this advice?
10. Why does Bean say that he does NOT want to see Petra again after he leaves the Earth?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)