|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Tidmarsh fail to pick up Pete and Jim upon their arrival?
(a) His office is not informed of their arrival.
(b) He does not realize they were coming.
(c) He has the incorrect day of arrival.
(d) He is detained by a medical emergency.
2. What happens by the time Jim finalizes his passport to Ecuador?
(a) The money from his sales have dried up.
(b) Ed announces he is getting married.
(c) Dr. Morey has assigned him to St. Louis.
(d) He's lost the lease to his apartment.
3. By June, how many believers are breaking bread in Shandia?
4. Where do Nate and Ed spot the Aucas?
5. Whose house do Jim and Elisabeth move into?
(a) Nate Saint.
(b) Dr. Tidmarsh.
(c) Ed McCully.
(d) Pete Fleming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim find time to read while packing his supplies?
2. Where does Jim meet Elisabeth after their lengthy absence?
3. What happens to Shandia at the end of May?
4. Where do Jim and Elisabeth set forth to build a new school?
5. What does Dr. Tidmarsh teach Jim and the other new missionaries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jim prays that God will give him some signal for his departure?
2. What is a positive outgrowth from the Flemings' fiesta at Puyupungu?
3. What is the significance of Elisabeth coming to Ecuador?
4. What does Jim realize upon teaching and learning language with the locals?
5. How does Jim handle his rebelliousness with God in this chapter, Hemmed in to Nothing?
6. What do Jim and Elisabeth concur about modern weddings?
7. Why does Elisabeth experience doubt upon the news of the Aucan spotting?
8. What happens when Elisabeth is believed to have contracted tuberculosis?
9. What seems to be a consistent problem Jim and the missionaries encounter?
10. What events point to the idea that Jim's eventual mission is coming to fruition?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)