|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are one of his goals is as Jim becomes more involved in group activities during his senior year?
(a) He wants to learn how to live independently for his impending ministry.
(b) He wants to minister to people in a variety of spiritual levels.
(c) He wants to enjoy many college activities before he graduates.
(d) He wants to assume more leadership opportunities.
2. Where does Jim go with his friend Ron Harris during the summer of his sophomore year?
3. How many children do John and Margaret Elliot have?
4. Where does Jim take Elisabeth during her first visit to his family?
(a) Gospel Hall.
(b) The Oregon coast.
(c) The assembly hall.
(d) Local detention home.
5. What activity does Jim Elliot limit besides maintaining a devotion to prayer?
(a) Participating in wrestling.
(b) Going to political rallies.
(c) Eating foods like desserts and starches.
(d) Staying up late hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school is Clara Luginbuhl attending when she first meets Fred Elliot?
2. What is Jim's preeminent goal when he enters Wheaten College?
3. What does Jim learn when he returns from Mexico?
4. What two boys help Bert with his garbage business?
5. Whose teaching convinces Fred Elliot to "recognize that life is worth living only if given over completely to God?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim conclude while attending the 1948 International Student Missionary Convention at the University of Illinois?
2. What comes of the friendships between the Elliot and MacAllister families?
3. Describe the event when the male Aucan and two women greet the five missionaries on Curaray River.
4. What is the significance of Jim allowing Elisabeth to read his journal?
5. What are the weaknesses Jim sees while working for the Foreign Missions Fellowship?
6. Why are the Indians curious about the white men?
7. What are some examples of Jim living the verse, "Whatever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might?"
8. What does Jim learn while working side-by-side with his father the summer after his college graduation?
9. Describe the events surrounding the use of guns among boyhood friends Jim, Dutch, and Dick.
10. What is special about Elisabeth's visit to Jim the second week into the fall semester?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)