|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Jim tells his parents he will not be home for Christmas?
(a) He wants to attend the Student Missionary Convention.
(b) He plans to visit Elisabeth over the holidays.
(c) He plans to go to Gospel Hall.
(d) He intends to use the time to study and improve his grades.
2. What does Jim call the underclassmen to do besides "believing" in the Christian life?
(a) Behave as a representative of Wheaten College.
(b) Be careful of temptations which may take one away from one's studies.
(c) Be steadfast in Christian decision-making.
(d) Structure your life with Christ as your center.
3. What does Jim realize walking away from the Convention?
(a) The time has come to begin his work in the South American jungle.
(b) The time is right to propose marriage to Elisabeth.
(c) It is time to leave his post as president.
(d) It is time to change career ambitions.
4. What three things does Jim tell his parents his education is steeped in?
(a) Culture, music and art.
(b) Philosophy, culture, and politics.
(c) Ministry, social science and philosophy.
(d) Political science, history and humanities.
5. What does Jim place in his last collegiate wrestling tournament?
(a) First place.
(b) Third place.
(c) Fourth place.
(d) Second place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jim's brother, Bert, and his new wife leave for missionary work?
2. What does Jim experience during a gospel team trip across the Midwest with Dave Howard, Roger Lewis, and Verd Holstein?
3. What does Jim remind Elisabeth that she has done before the Lord?
4. Why does Jim tell his mother she shouldn't worry about his relationship with Elisabeth?
5. Aside from his fervent belief in God, what other factor diminishes Jim's popularity with his peers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some examples of Jim living the verse, "Whatever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might?"
2. What are some of the activities Jim, Dave Howard, Verd Holsteen and Roger Lewis do while traveling for the Foreign Missions Fellowship in 1948?
3. Why are the Indians curious about the white men?
4. Why does Jim watch his diet and exercise?
5. What does Jim realize by the middle of his freshmen year at Wheaton College?
6. What is the advantage of Jim's unemployment between doing odd jobs and applying for a substitute teaching position?
7. Describe the events surrounding the use of guns among boyhood friends Jim, Dutch, and Dick.
8. What are the weaknesses Jim sees while working for the Foreign Missions Fellowship?
9. Describe the events leading to the marriage of Fred Elliot and Clara Luginbuhl.
10. Why is Jim wary of women?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)