|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By June, how many believers are breaking bread in Shandia?
2. What does Jim tell Elisabeth to do instead of rejecting the notion that she travel to Ecuador?
(a) Jim tells her to stay with Ed and Marilou McCully.
(b) Jim tells her to find another female missionary to travel with her.
(c) Jim tells her to take it to the Lord.
(d) Jim tells her to get her passport ready.
3. What news tests Jim and Elisabeth's dedication to God's purpose?
(a) The floodwaters wiping out Shandia.
(b) Jim's bout with jungle rot.
(c) Jim's bout with malaria.
(d) Elisabeth's diagnosis of possible tuberculosis.
4. Where does Jim believe "goods" are stored?
(a) The Word.
5. Where do Nate and Ed spot the Aucas?
6. What does Dr. Tidmarsh teach Jim and the other new missionaries?
(a) Applying a tourniquet.
(b) Setting broken limbs.
(c) Teeth cleaning.
7. How many men work with Jim and Pete to build an airstrip?
8. What happens to Shandia at the end of May?
(a) Malaria sweeps through the village.
(b) Jungle rot sweeps through the village.
(c) Floodwaters destroy the village.
(d) Drought threatens the crops.
9. Who approaches Jim and Pete as they eat in the port restaurant?
(a) Dr. Tidmarsh.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) The captain.
10. What happens when the Elliots travel to Shell Mara?
(a) They meet with the McCullys.
(b) Elisabeth gives birth to a daughter.
(c) They entertain a new set of missionaries.
(d) They greet Fred and Clara Elliot.
11. How many boys sign up for school taught by Jim, Ed, and the Christian teacher?
12. Where does Jim meet Elisabeth after their lengthy absence?
(a) Shandia cliffs.
(b) An Inter-Mission fellowship.
(c) Oriente jungle.
(d) Quinto market.
13. What do Jim and Lucas recite during Holy Week?
(a) Peter's three denials.
(b) The Stations of the Cross.
(c) The seven words spoken from the cross.
(d) The letters of Timothy.
14. Who does Jim meet who will help him with his difficulties?
(b) Doreen Clifford.
(c) Barbara Edwards.
(d) Rob Gill.
15. How much luggage does Jim pack?
(a) 900 lbs.
(b) 1400 lbs.
(c) 1000 lbs.
(d) 1500 lbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Elisabeth join Jim canoeing down the river to meet the Aucas?
2. After ten days of prayer, what Bible verse speaks to Jim about God's role for him?
3. How does Jim reason that God takes young and old into His Kingdom?
4. What does Jim remind Elisabeth as he waits for his delayed ship?
5. Who does Jim help lead a Bible study in Norman, Oklahoma?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)