|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and Lucas recite during Holy Week?
(a) The letters of Timothy.
(b) The seven words spoken from the cross.
(c) The Stations of the Cross.
(d) Peter's three denials.
2. What news tests Jim and Elisabeth's dedication to God's purpose?
(a) The floodwaters wiping out Shandia.
(b) Elisabeth's diagnosis of possible tuberculosis.
(c) Jim's bout with malaria.
(d) Jim's bout with jungle rot.
3. How many checks come in to pay for Jim's travel to Ecuador down to the penny?
4. Where does Jim meet Elisabeth after their lengthy absence?
(a) An Inter-Mission fellowship.
(b) Shandia cliffs.
(c) Oriente jungle.
(d) Quinto market.
5. Although Jim learns to love the Quichans, what does he worry about?
(a) Their knowledge of Scripture.
(b) Their health.
(c) Their souls.
(d) Their lifestyle.
6. What does Jim tell Elisabeth to do instead of rejecting the notion that she travel to Ecuador?
(a) Jim tells her to take it to the Lord.
(b) Jim tells her to stay with Ed and Marilou McCully.
(c) Jim tells her to get her passport ready.
(d) Jim tells her to find another female missionary to travel with her.
7. Who approaches Jim and Pete as they eat in the port restaurant?
(a) Dr. Tidmarsh.
(b) The captain.
(c) A prostitute.
8. What does Jim remind Elisabeth as he waits for his delayed ship?
(a) Sacrifice makes the heart grow fonder.
(b) They have denied themselves of each other, yet they can expect profit from their sacrifice.
(c) They will eventually be together in God's Kingdom.
(d) Their sacrifice is an example for others to follow.
9. Where do Nate and Ed spot the Aucas?
10. What does Jim leave behind after his death?
(a) Christmas presents.
(b) A Bible.
(c) Funds for starting the Shandia school.
(d) Few earthly possessions.
11. What announcement does Elisabeth's letter contain?
(a) She is leaving Quito to study the Colorado language.
(b) She is leaving the western jungle to venture to the Oriente.
(c) She is returning to do mission work in North America.
(d) She is returning to her family in Canada.
12. What childhood dream does Jim now see the hand of God working?
(b) Scuba diving.
13. What does Jim believe is the hypocrisy of those who agree with the New Testament practice?
(a) Very few are willing to commit to it.
(b) The 'man pleasers' of Scripture are too few.
(c) Most believe in the role of the clergy.
(d) Many lead biblical practice principles, but the few hold the power over the many.
14. What does Jim do to improve his Spanish skills?
(a) Substitute teach at the missionary school.
(b) Barter with local vendors at market.
(c) Attends local events and public activities.
(d) Lives with a Quichuan family.
15. What happens to Jim that tests the couple's resolve in God?
(a) He contracts jungle rot.
(b) He breaks his arm.
(c) He almost drowns in floodwaters.
(d) He contracts a high fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim struggling to contain once he and Ed McCully reach Chester, Illinois?
2. What do Jim and Pete learn when taking a a survey trip by airplane to the Oriente?
3. Where does Jim believe "goods" are stored?
4. What does Jim's brother, Bob, fear will happen to Jim?
5. Who does Jim help lead a Bible study in Norman, Oklahoma?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)