|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thoughts torment Jim on his flight back to Shandia?
(a) His decision to stay with the Quicha or travel into the jungle to find teh Aucans.
(b) His desire for Elisabeth and his commitment to follow the Lord.
(c) His decision to teach multiple Bible study classes.
(d) His desire to preach the Word using his weak Spanish.
2. Who does Jim meet who will help him with his difficulties?
(b) Doreen Clifford.
(c) Rob Gill.
(d) Barbara Edwards.
3. How much manna were the children of Israel given in the wilderness?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) One hour.
4. How much money is in his pocket when Jim arrives in Portland?
5. What happens to Jim on his way from Oklahoma to Illinois?
(a) His car gets hit a second time by a train.
(b) He ends up hitchhiking the entire distance.
(c) He gets in a car wreck and totals his car.
(d) He runs into Bill Cathers and gets a ride from him.
6. Who wants to visit Jim in Ecuador?
(a) Bert and his sister-in-law.
(b) His sister Jane.
(c) His parents.
(d) His brother Bob.
7. What does Jim find time to read while packing his supplies?
(a) Paul's epistle.
(b) Book of Psalms.
(d) The story of Abraham.
8. What does Jim tell Elisabeth is the reason for him leaving his family and missionary projects behind to minister to the Aucas?
(a) Jim is following God's purpose.
(b) Jim needs to see for himself how an uncivilized tribe lives.
(c) Jim has spent his entire life training for this flight.
(d) Jim would be one of the first white men to reach the indigenous tribe.
9. What does Jim believe is the hypocrisy of those who agree with the New Testament practice?
(a) Very few are willing to commit to it.
(b) Many lead biblical practice principles, but the few hold the power over the many.
(c) The 'man pleasers' of Scripture are too few.
(d) Most believe in the role of the clergy.
10. Why doesn't Jim return home at Christmas?
(a) He is anxious to see Elisabeth.
(b) He is still finishing painting the McCully home.
(c) He is expected to leave for Shandia.
(d) He believes it is God's will to stay in Chester.
11. What happens to Pete ushering the arrival of Ed McCully to the jungle?
(a) He contracts tuberculosis.
(b) He contracts jungle rot.
(c) He contracts malaria.
(d) He contracts a snake bite.
12. By June, how many believers are breaking bread in Shandia?
13. Who does Jim help lead a Bible study in Norman, Oklahoma?
(a) Dr. Tidmarsh.
(b) Bill Cathers.
(c) Dick Fisher.
(d) Ed McCully.
14. What else does Elisabeth compare to Jim's death?
(a) Death of David's son Absalom.
(b) Abraham's sacrifice of his son Isaac.
(c) Gettysburg soldiers obedient to their captain's order.
(d) Soldiers fighting the Battle of Antietam.
15. What does Dr. Tidmarsh teach Jim and the other new missionaries?
(a) Teeth cleaning.
(b) Applying a tourniquet.
(c) Setting broken limbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim decide will be his number one goal?
2. What does Jim tell Elisabeth to do instead of rejecting the notion that she travel to Ecuador?
3. Although Jim learns to love the Quichans, what does he worry about?
4. What doubts go through Elisabeth's mind as Jim prepares to meet the Aucas?
5. What religious theme prevails in this chapter?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)