|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many marriages will be produced between the Elliot and MacAllister families?
2. Whose diary does Jim begin to read the summer after he leaves Wheaten College?
(a) Harry Ironside.
(b) Omar Khayyam.
(c) David Brainerd.
(d) John Masefield.
3. Where does Jim take Elisabeth during her first visit to his family?
(a) The Oregon coast.
(b) Gospel Hall.
(c) The assembly hall.
(d) Local detention home.
4. Where do the Elliot and MacAliister families meet?
(a) Lutheran kirk.
(b) Presbyterian kirk.
(c) Baptist church.
(d) Anglican church.
5. What does Jim reevaluate during his senior year in college?
(a) He institutes a new "code of don'ts."
(b) He evaluates how he views the behavior of others.
(c) He evaluates his relationship with Elisabeth.
(d) He evaluates the best way to serve the Lord.
6. What school is Clara Luginbuhl attending when she first meets Fred Elliot?
(a) Presbyterian university.
(b) Baptist college.
(c) Wheaten College.
(d) Chiropractic college.
7. What two central themes in the book override all other relationships?
(a) Peace and prosperity.
(b) Honor and tradition.
(c) Truth and love.
(d) Love and commitment.
8. Where do Jim Elliott and his missionaries first land to begin their missionary work?
(a) Shandia River.
(b) Napu River.
(c) Atun Yaku River.
(d) Curaray River.
9. What is the overall theme presented in the book?
(a) One man's journey of Christian faith.
(b) Exploring the language and culture of indigenous people.
(c) The trials and tribulations of missionaries.
(d) The missionary story of working in South America.
10. What does Jim mean when he mentions the "Peter the Pumpkin Eater's dilemma?"
(a) Vines maintain a hold on the earth.
(b) Seeds grow ripe with age.
(c) Needs multiply as they are met.
(d) Seeds multiply over time.
11. Why does Jim want to speak to Bert who has left town on business?
(a) Jim wants to know if he may run Bert's garbage business in his absence.
(b) Jim wants to ask Bert about his conflicting feelings for Elisabeth.
(c) Jim no longer believes he should go to Latin America and is considering going to India.
(d) Jim seeks Bert's counsel concerning his near death experiences.
12. What happens to Jim Elliot when Dick Fisher's gun accidentally discharges?
(a) Jim uses his Bible to deflect the bullet.
(b) The bullet grazes Jim's leg.
(c) The bullet pierces Jim's Bible.
(d) Jim narrowly misses being killed.
13. How many missionaries wait with Jim Elliot to see if George returns from the jungle?
14. What literary genre is Shadow of the Almighty?
15. When Jim hitchhikes home from Illinois to Oregon, how long does it take him to wait for each ride?
(a) No more than 15 minutes.
(b) Longer than what it would have taken to ride the train.
(c) One half hour.
(d) No more than twenty minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim improve his Spanish speaking skills during the summer of his sophomore year?
2. At what point in Jim Elliot's life does the Prologue begin?
3. What is Jim grateful the Lord has given him over the past four years in college?
4. What is Jim's preeminent goal when he enters Wheaten College?
5. Why does Jim send his childhood friend, Dick Fisher, a terse letter?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)