|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim become dissatisfied in the Foreign Service Fellowship?
(a) There are not enough people to handle the workload.
(b) There is too much action without much planning.
(c) He finds there is an over-emphasis on training and leadership.
(d) He finds too many attendees lack true faith.
2. What is the first breakthrough in making contact with the natives?
(a) The building of the Puyupungu school.
(b) George's willingness to ride in a plane.
(c) George stepping from the jungle with two Aucan females.
(d) George leading the missionaries into the jungle.
3. What does Jim Elliot believe about eternity?
(a) Jim believes if he doesn't see results from his efforts now, he will see them in eternity.
(b) Jim believes his love for the Word is eternal.
(c) Jim believes in eternal hope.
(d) Jim believes trust is eternal.
4. What concerns Jim about the temporal world after the announcement of Einstein's Theory of Gravitation?
(a) Men will find unification with other things instead of God.
(b) Men will lose focus on organized religion.
(c) Science will surpass the Word.
(d) Men will ignore Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
5. How many missionaries wait with Jim Elliot to see if George returns from the jungle?
6. What activity does Jim Elliot limit besides maintaining a devotion to prayer?
(a) Staying up late hours.
(b) Participating in wrestling.
(c) Eating foods like desserts and starches.
(d) Going to political rallies.
7. Aside from his fervent belief in God, what other factor diminishes Jim's popularity with his peers?
(a) His failure to go to the school dance.
(b) His political speech.
(c) His views on the war.
(d) His departure from Gospel Hall.
8. What is the principle characteristic bringing together the unlikely match of Jim Elliot and Elisabeth Howard?
(a) The way they speak to each other during long absences.
(b) Their unwavering devotion to Christ.
(c) Their easygoing demeanor.
(d) Their attractive looks.
9. Why does Jim decline a ticket to the school dance?
(a) He does not have a date.
(b) He is wary of girls and their intentions.
(c) He states as a Christian he is not to be "in the world" that way.
(d) He does not believe Christians should attend dances.
10. What does Jim realize is the problem with ministering to all spiritual levels?
(a) Jim sees that minstry is in his hands, not God's.
(b) Jim believes he will be rebuked.
(c) Jim concedes he does not have time to minster to everyone.
(d) Jim concedes he is not trained to minister to all spiritual levels.
11. What career does Jim pray God will grant him the opportunity to pursue?
(a) Foreign missions.
(b) Spanish instruction.
(c) Pastor of a church.
(d) Greek instructor.
12. Why does Hudson Taylor's book confuse Jim Elliot?
(a) Jim wonders how one man could establish 250 mission stations.
(b) Jim wonders how a man satisfied by God's grace can still yearn to be loved by a woman.
(c) Jim wonders how he can be an agent of change.
(d) Jim wonders how any man can be consumed by a woman.
13. What does Jim find difficult for the first time in his life?
(a) Putting his wordly accomplishments behind him.
(b) Saying goodbye to his brother and sister-in-law.
(c) Putting Christ's work first.
(d) Leaving his family to go back to school.
14. Where does Jim take Elisabeth during her first visit to his family?
(a) Local detention home.
(b) The Oregon coast.
(c) The assembly hall.
(d) Gospel Hall.
15. Besides being drafted, what other dilemma does Jim struggle with?
(a) His desire to join his brother, Bert, in Latin America.
(b) His desire to see Elisabeth again.
(c) His desire to get to the mission field.
(d) His anxiety for passing his classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim's preeminent goal when he enters Wheaten College?
2. When Jim hitchhikes home from Illinois to Oregon, how long does it take him to wait for each ride?
3. What name does Jim call Elisabeth?
4. What does Jim tell Elisabeth in his letter to her that God has meant him to do?
5. What gifts do the missionaries offer George and the Aucan women?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)