|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mission Accomplished.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity does Jim Elliot limit besides maintaining a devotion to prayer?
(a) Going to political rallies.
(b) Staying up late hours.
(c) Participating in wrestling.
(d) Eating foods like desserts and starches.
2. What does Jim do when asked by the school board to teach another year?
(a) He signs the contract for one more year.
(b) He signs the contract for half a term.
(c) He turns it down believing it's God's way.
(d) He turns it down to teach at another school.
3. What does Jim struggle with upon arrival in Quito?
(a) His Spanish.
(b) Lack of modern amenities.
(c) The accomodations.
(d) Food and water.
4. What does Jim find difficult for the first time in his life?
(a) Leaving his family to go back to school.
(b) Putting his wordly accomplishments behind him.
(c) Saying goodbye to his brother and sister-in-law.
(d) Putting Christ's work first.
5. How does Jim improve his Spanish speaking skills during the summer of his sophomore year?
(a) He begins teaching 150 children.
(b) He speaks only Spanish to Ron Harris.
(c) He hitchhikes across Mexico.
(d) He lives with a Mexican family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary genre is Shadow of the Almighty?
2. What does Jim tell Elisabeth is the reason for him leaving his family and missionary projects behind to minister to the Aucas?
3. Who ends up accompanying Jim to Ecuador?
4. What does Jim tell Elisabeth to do instead of rejecting the notion that she travel to Ecuador?
5. Why is Jim anxious to travel to South America to learn the native language now rather than later?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)