|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Realized Will.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell his sister to do at the beginning of each day?
(a) To say her prayers and spend time in the Word.
(b) To do her homework before the rest of the family wakes.
(c) To set time aside to visit Gospel Hall.
(d) To help her mother with breakfast.
2. What does Jim write in his letter to his parents?
(a) He thanks them for laying his spiritual foundation.
(b) He tells them he will return in a year.
(c) He tells them of his intention to marry Elisabeth.
(d) He tells them he will read scripture daily.
3. What does Jim do when asked by the school board to teach another year?
(a) He signs the contract for half a term.
(b) He signs the contract for one more year.
(c) He turns it down believing it's God's way.
(d) He turns it down to teach at another school.
4. What is Jim grateful the Lord has given him over the past four years in college?
(a) Non-conformity to fit into established religion.
(b) Public duty to service.
(c) Thanksgiving for God's grace.
(d) Peace and wisdom.
5. What does Jim learn when he returns from Mexico?
(a) He will need to repeat another semester.
(b) He will need to repeat another class.
(c) Funds will not be available for the entire year.
(d) Funds have been provided for him to complete school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides being drafted, what other dilemma does Jim struggle with?
2. What happens to Jim on his way from Oklahoma to Illinois?
3. Why does Jim take his exams early?
4. What religious theme prevails in this chapter?
5. Whose teaching convinces Fred Elliot to "recognize that life is worth living only if given over completely to God?"
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)