|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Realized Will.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious theme prevails in this chapter?
(a) Trust God.
(b) Do not test the will of the Lord.
(c) Faith first.
(d) Seek and you shall believe.
2. What does Jim find difficult for the first time in his life?
(a) Leaving his family to go back to school.
(b) Putting Christ's work first.
(c) Putting his wordly accomplishments behind him.
(d) Saying goodbye to his brother and sister-in-law.
3. What does Jim mean when he mentions the "Peter the Pumpkin Eater's dilemma?"
(a) Seeds grow ripe with age.
(b) Needs multiply as they are met.
(c) Seeds multiply over time.
(d) Vines maintain a hold on the earth.
4. How does Jim improve his Spanish speaking skills during the summer of his sophomore year?
(a) He begins teaching 150 children.
(b) He hitchhikes across Mexico.
(c) He lives with a Mexican family.
(d) He speaks only Spanish to Ron Harris.
5. Why does Dr. Tidmarsh fail to pick up Pete and Jim upon their arrival?
(a) His office is not informed of their arrival.
(b) He has the incorrect day of arrival.
(c) He does not realize they were coming.
(d) He is detained by a medical emergency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary genre is Shadow of the Almighty?
2. What happens on Reverse Day?
3. What age does Jim Elliot tell his mother, Clara, that he has been saved by Jesus?
4. What does Fred Elliot do in his young adult years?
5. What fuels George's curiosity of the missionaries?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)