|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hand is on the Plough.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim decline a ticket to the school dance?
(a) He does not believe Christians should attend dances.
(b) He does not have a date.
(c) He states as a Christian he is not to be "in the world" that way.
(d) He is wary of girls and their intentions.
2. Where does Jim go at the end of 1948?
(a) Student Missionary Convention at the University of Illinois.
(b) Mexico to visit Ron Harris' family.
(c) Oregon to visit his family.
(d) South American jungle.
3. What three things does Jim tell his parents his education is steeped in?
(a) Ministry, social science and philosophy.
(b) Political science, history and humanities.
(c) Philosophy, culture, and politics.
(d) Culture, music and art.
4. What religious theme prevails in this chapter?
(a) Trust God.
(b) Faith first.
(c) Do not test the will of the Lord.
(d) Seek and you shall believe.
5. What is Jim struggling to contain once he and Ed McCully reach Chester, Illinois?
(a) The lack of faith perceived by churchgoers.
(b) Depression that he cannot find a place to start a Sunday school.
(c) The non-biblical practice principles of churchgoers.
(d) His rebelliousness to God in anticipation for misison field work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Jim want to spend several weeks away from his family with his friends Dick Fisher and Dutch?
2. Aside from his fervent belief in God, what other factor diminishes Jim's popularity with his peers?
3. Why doesn't Jim return home at Christmas?
4. Where does Jim take Elisabeth during her first visit to his family?
5. What does Elizabeth fear her correspondence might do to Jim?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)