|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sheep—Destined for the Altar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides being drafted, what other dilemma does Jim struggle with?
(a) His desire to join his brother, Bert, in Latin America.
(b) His anxiety for passing his classes.
(c) His desire to get to the mission field.
(d) His desire to see Elisabeth again.
2. What does Jim tell Elisabeth in his letter to her that God has meant him to do?
(a) God wants him to return to his family.
(b) God wants him to leave the Student Missionary Convention.
(c) God wants him to start his missionary work single rather than married.
(d) God wants both of them to see other people.
3. When Jim hitchhikes home from Illinois to Oregon, how long does it take him to wait for each ride?
(a) No more than 15 minutes.
(b) Longer than what it would have taken to ride the train.
(c) No more than twenty minutes.
(d) One half hour.
4. What biblical quote is the mantra with which Jim Elliott lives and breathes?
(a) For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord.
(b) Thou shalt love the Lord thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.
(c) Thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness.
(d) He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
5. Why is Jim anxious to travel to South America to learn the native language now rather than later?
(a) He believes another missionary will take his place.
(b) He fears he is losing the Spanish he learned while in Mexico.
(c) He believes he may be transferred to a different mission in North America if he waits.
(d) He fears the older you get the harder it is to learn new things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim go with his friend Ron Harris during the summer of his sophomore year?
2. What does Jim believe to be the Lord's purpose for the Midwest gospel trip?
3. What does Jim learn when he returns from Mexico?
4. What happens to Jim Elliot when Dick Fisher's gun accidentally discharges?
5. What school is Clara Luginbuhl attending when she first meets Fred Elliot?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)