|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flame of Fire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What biblical quote is the mantra with which Jim Elliott lives and breathes?
(a) Thou shalt love the Lord thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.
(b) Thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness.
(c) He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
(d) For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord.
2. Why does Jim decline a ticket to the school dance?
(a) He is wary of girls and their intentions.
(b) He does not believe Christians should attend dances.
(c) He does not have a date.
(d) He states as a Christian he is not to be "in the world" that way.
3. What two boys help Bert with his garbage business?
(a) Jim and Dick.
(b) Jim and Dutch.
(c) Dick and Dutch.
(d) Fred and Jim.
4. Where do the Elliot and MacAliister families meet?
(a) Lutheran kirk.
(b) Anglican church.
(c) Baptist church.
(d) Presbyterian kirk.
5. What is the ratio of women to men in the Student Foreign Missions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gifts do the missionaries offer George and the Aucan women?
2. Where do Jim Elliot's Scottish ancestors settle in the New World?
3. What age does Fred Elliot become a Christian?
4. What does Jim call the underclassmen to do besides "believing" in the Christian life?
5. What does Jim Elliot believe about eternity?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)