|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flame of Fire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fred Elliot quit school and become an avid reader?
(a) His father forces him to work in carpentry.
(b) His mother undergoes a difficult pregnancy.
(c) His father dies unexpectedly.
(d) His mother develops asthma.
2. What biblical quote is the mantra with which Jim Elliott lives and breathes?
(a) He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
(b) Thou shalt love the Lord thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.
(c) For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord.
(d) Thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness.
3. What does Jim call the underclassmen to do besides "believing" in the Christian life?
(a) Structure your life with Christ as your center.
(b) Be steadfast in Christian decision-making.
(c) Behave as a representative of Wheaten College.
(d) Be careful of temptations which may take one away from one's studies.
4. What does Jim Elliot make clear to his peers although he is not drafted?
(a) He would willingly be drafted.
(b) He would only enter the armed forces as an officer.
(c) He would never serve in the Navy.
(d) He would take a conscientious objector stance.
5. What two boys help Bert with his garbage business?
(a) Dick and Dutch.
(b) Jim and Dick.
(c) Jim and Dutch.
(d) Fred and Jim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age does Jim Elliot tell his mother, Clara, that he has been saved by Jesus?
2. What fuels George's curiosity of the missionaries?
3. What scripture verse dictates the mindset of Jim Elliot as a teenager?
4. What particular hobbies of Jim Elliot prepare his for life in the jungle?
5. Why does Jim decline a ticket to the school dance?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)