|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flame of Fire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim want to speak to Bert who has left town on business?
(a) Jim seeks Bert's counsel concerning his near death experiences.
(b) Jim no longer believes he should go to Latin America and is considering going to India.
(c) Jim wants to ask Bert about his conflicting feelings for Elisabeth.
(d) Jim wants to know if he may run Bert's garbage business in his absence.
2. What does Jim call the underclassmen to do besides "believing" in the Christian life?
(a) Behave as a representative of Wheaten College.
(b) Be careful of temptations which may take one away from one's studies.
(c) Be steadfast in Christian decision-making.
(d) Structure your life with Christ as your center.
3. What biblical quote is the mantra with which Jim Elliott lives and breathes?
(a) Thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness.
(b) For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord.
(c) He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
(d) Thou shalt love the Lord thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.
4. What does Jim believe to be the Lord's purpose for the Midwest gospel trip?
(a) The truth of scripture will supercede all else.
(b) God work miraculous deeds.
(c) The hand of God is working as an agent of change.
(d) The Word of God is present in all things great and small.
5. How many marriages will be produced between the Elliot and MacAllister families?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred Elliot do in his young adult years?
2. Why does Jim choose Greek as his major?
3. What age does Jim Elliot tell his mother, Clara, that he has been saved by Jesus?
4. What does Jim experience during a gospel team trip across the Midwest with Dave Howard, Roger Lewis, and Verd Holstein?
5. What time does the missionary pilot tell his wife that he will communicate with her again?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)