|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Degree of A.U.G..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell his parents he is seeking a degree in to explain his low grades?
(a) Approved Unto God.
(b) Associate of Arts.
(c) Master of Divinity.
(d) Bachelor of Science.
2. What age does Fred Elliot become a Christian?
3. Why doesn't Jim want to spend several weeks away from his family with his friends Dick Fisher and Dutch?
(a) He needs to help his ailing mother.
(b) He needs to help his father's carpentry business.
(c) He needs to help his brother's garbage business.
(d) He has responsibilities at Gospel Hall.
4. At what point in Jim Elliot's life does the Prologue begin?
(a) His birth.
(b) His college years.
(c) His death.
(d) His marriage.
5. Aside from his fervent belief in God, what other factor diminishes Jim's popularity with his peers?
(a) His political speech.
(b) His failure to go to the school dance.
(c) His departure from Gospel Hall.
(d) His views on the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jim Elliot's Scottish ancestors settle in the New World?
2. Where do the Elliot and MacAliister families meet?
3. What two central themes in the book override all other relationships?
4. Whose teaching convinces Fred Elliot to "recognize that life is worth living only if given over completely to God?"
5. What does Jim Elliot make clear to his peers although he is not drafted?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)