|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Degree of A.U.G..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Jim's parents upset that he turns down the opportunity to be a business manager?
(a) The position offers free tuition for a year and six grade points.
(b) The position would be a plus on his resume.
(c) The position leads to an internship after college.
(d) The position is a paid cooperative education.
2. Where do Jim Elliott and his missionaries first land to begin their missionary work?
(a) Napu River.
(b) Curaray River.
(c) Atun Yaku River.
(d) Shandia River.
3. What literary genre is Shadow of the Almighty?
4. What does Jim fear more than being expelled from the public speaking club?
(a) Leaving Gospel Hall.
(b) Making a political speech.
(c) Going to the school dance.
(d) Incorrectly quoting scripture.
5. What does Fred Elliot do in his young adult years?
(a) Begins preaching at a Presbyterian kirk.
(b) Goes back to school.
(c) Travels with the preacher Harry Ironside.
(d) Opens a successful carpentry business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jim Elliot cautious about girls his age?
2. What country does Emil Luginbuhl emigrate from upon arriving in the U.S.?
3. Why does Jim set an alarm before attending classes?
4. What scripture verse dictates the mindset of Jim Elliot as a teenager?
5. What does the missionary pilot report to his wife as he is flying the plane?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)