1. What literary genre is Shadow of the Almighty?
2. What is the overall theme presented in the book?
(a) Exploring the language and culture of indigenous people.
(b) The missionary story of working in South America.
(c) One man's journey of Christian faith.
(d) The trials and tribulations of missionaries.
3. What two central themes in the book override all other relationships?
(a) Truth and love.
(b) Peace and prosperity.
(c) Honor and tradition.
(d) Love and commitment.
4. At what point in Jim Elliot's life does the Prologue begin?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His death.
(c) His college years.
(d) His birth.
5. What biblical quote is the mantra with which Jim Elliott lives and breathes?
(a) Thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness.
(b) Thou shalt love the Lord thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.
(c) He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
(d) For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord.
This section contains 6,106 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)