• Shadow of the Almighty is a biography of Jim Elliot written by his widow who based it on his letters and diary.
• Jim Elliot's story replays his journey of faith in Jesus Christ from youth to his death in 1956.
• The prologue presents the final chapter in Jim Elliot's life.
• Jim Elliot and four missionaries are standing on the shore of the Curaray River, deep within the Ecuadorian jungle.
• They await the return of primitive Aucan Indians after an initial contact with a male and two female Aucans.
• The missionaries take the male Aucan on a plane ride as a measure of trust before he and his female companions go back into the jungle.
• When the Aucans finally arrive to greet the missionaries, they kill the five missionaries.
• Jim Elliot's genealogical tree hails from the Scottish and Swiss families who settled in the Puget Sound region...
This section contains 2,779 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)