|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Kohler move with his kids in 1995?
2. What did Nagle drink before he died?
3. Who was the commander of the U-158?
4. How many IXC U-boats had never returned from patrol?
5. How many days fuel did Neuerburg burn going through the Denmark Strait?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the U-857 sink?
2. Who called Kohler the night before he was to go to Washington with Chatterton to research subs?
3. What was trimix and what were its benefits?
4. Why did Herbert Guschewski believe he was lucky to be alive?
5. What was the commissioning dinner like for the U-602?
6. What was Kohler's plan for the first dive of the 1993 season?
7. What was Nagle's personal appearance when the "Seeker" made the first trip back to the wreck in 1992?
8. What was a circle-runner?
9. Why did Chatterton take a sledgehammer into the electric motor room?
10. What happened to Brandt's submarine in February 1943?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chatterton had a carefully worked out plan for approaching wrecks. Discuss Chatterton's strategy for approaching wrecks and how successful his strategy was.
Essay Topic 2
Chatterton wanted to believe the mystery wreck was the U-851 and Kohler wanted to believe it was the U-158. Discuss why it was thought that the wreck might be the U-851 or U-158 and how the men proved or disproved their theories.
Essay Topic 3
Nagle was an alcoholic. Discuss his decline due to the alcohol and how he died.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)