|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Chrissy's line been tangled around?
2. What did Kohler have to do after speaking with Robert Coppock from the British Ministry of Defense?
3. How many pounds of TNT were in German submarine torpedoes?
4. What was the name of Neuerburg's wife?
5. Who was the commander of the U-158?
Short Essay Questions
1. In a phone call several months after Chatterton sent out inquiries about the knife, what did a U-boat enthusiast tell Chatteron?
2. What was Kohler's plan for the first dive of the 1993 season?
3. How did the U-857 sink?
4. Where were tags with identifying marks found on the U-853? T
5. What happened to Brandt's submarine in February 1943?
6. What was the commissioning dinner like for the U-602?
7. Describe Bredow's U-boat Archive.
8. What did Chatterton learn about Horenburg from Merten, Bredow, and Grutzemacher?
9. Why did Chatterton take a sledgehammer into the electric motor room?
10. What choice was Neuerburg given in 1943?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chatterton and Kohler had different methods of performing research. Compare and contrast how Chatterton and Kohler researched the identity of the wrecked sub.
Essay Topic 2
When Guschewski was transferred to the U-869, he noticed differences between it and his previous sub the U-602. Discuss the differences between the two subs and why there were differences between the two.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the two men in Chatterton's life when he was a boy: his father and his grandfather.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)