|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date did Chatterton discover on the escape lung he found in Chapter 11?
2. What was the name of Neuerburg's wife?
3. Where was the mystery sub built?
4. What was the temporary title of the U-869?
5. Of the IXC U-boats that never returned from patrol, how many had had survivors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a circle-runner?
2. What was the commissioning dinner like for the U-602?
3. What did Chatterton learn about Horenburg from Merten, Bredow, and Grutzemacher?
4. Why did Herbert Guschewski believe he was lucky to be alive?
5. What happened to Brandt's submarine in February 1943?
6. What was Neuerburg's first assignment?
7. How did Chatterton and Kohler learn that the sub had been identified?
8. Describe Bredow's U-boat Archive.
9. Who were the post-war assessors and what did they do?
10. Where were tags with identifying marks found on the U-853? T
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kohler joined a rough group of experienced divers. The objective of this lesson is to discuss the Atlantic Wreck Divers and why Kohler joined the group.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Kohler and Chatterton felt about the remains of the dead crewmen and the principles they thought were important for dealing with the remains.
Essay Topic 3
Deep-shipwreck diving is among the world's most dangerous sports. Discuss why the sport is so dangerous and some of the dangers inherent in the sport.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)