|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was Feldman's body from the wreck when it was found?
2. What type of cargo did the U-851 carry?
3. Where did Kohler move with his kids in 1995?
4. What had Chrissy's line been tangled around?
5. What was the weather like when Chatterton returned the wreck after his successful videotaping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Neuerburg's first assignment?
2. What choice was Neuerburg given in 1943?
3. Who were the post-war assessors and what did they do?
4. Why did Chatterton take a sledgehammer into the electric motor room?
5. Describe Bredow's U-boat Archive.
6. What happened to Brandt's submarine in February 1943?
7. How did Chatterton and Kohler learn that the sub had been identified?
8. Why didn't Chatterton and Kohler stop diving after it appeared that the sub had to the the U-869?
9. What was a circle-runner?
10. What was Nagle's personal appearance when the "Seeker" made the first trip back to the wreck in 1992?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Kohler and Chatterton felt about the remains of the dead crewmen and the principles they thought were important for dealing with the remains.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the problems between Chatterton and Kohler and how they resolved them.
Essay Topic 3
Chatterton and Kohler had different methods of performing research. Compare and contrast how Chatterton and Kohler researched the identity of the wrecked sub.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)