|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might be the decompression time for a 2-hour dive?
2. Which diver could not return to the wreck the second time?
3. Where did Chatterton live from 1973 to 1978?
4. In the 1970s and 1980s, how deep would Nagle and other kings of the sport descend when diving?
5. What was Kohler's younger brother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of things did Richie like to read when he was a young boy?
2. According to Patricia Chatterton, how did Rae Emmet Arison distinguish himself as a man?
3. Describe the silverware that Chatterton found.
4. Why didn't Nagle dive down to the wreck in Chapter 3?
5. What did the men on the "Seeker" decide to do when it looked as though the wreck lay between 230 and 260 ft.?
6. What were two primary dangers that a deep-shipwreck diver confronted?
7. How did Chatterton behave when he returned home after a twelve-month tour in Vietnam?
8. Why did Nagle want to identify the sub that he and the other divers found?
9. What was Feldman's signature outfit and gear when he arrived at charter boats?
10. What was Chatterton like in high school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the problems between Chatterton and Kohler and how they resolved them.
Essay Topic 2
A diver died during the second dive at the U-boat wreck. Discuss Steve Feldman and his death.
Essay Topic 3
Scuba diving is a much different sport than is deep-shipwreck diving. Compare and contrast the two different types of diving using examples from the book.
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)