|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nagle sell at one time?
2. How long after Feldman died, did Nagle radio the information to the Coast Guard?
3. How large a hole was in the side of the sub?
4. How much visibility was available when Chatterton reached the wreck?
5. What was the name of the author of "Iron Coffins"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to make Kohler quit getting into trouble?
2. How did Bielenda get the coordinates for the wreck?
3. What would an excellent diver do before going on a diver?
4. Why did Nagle think Kohler would be a good replacement for Feldman?
5. What did Frances Kohler do in Feburary of 1975 after she and her husband separated?
6. Why did Chatterton decide to issue a press release about the discovery of the U-boat?
7. According to Patricia Chatterton, how did Rae Emmet Arison distinguish himself as a man?
8. What was one of Nagle's greatest finds?
9. What would a deep-wreck diver encounter if he dived long enough?
10. Why were shipwreck interiors terrifying places?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A diver died during the second dive at the U-boat wreck. Discuss Steve Feldman and his death.
Essay Topic 2
Chatterton had a carefully worked out plan for approaching wrecks. Discuss Chatterton's strategy for approaching wrecks and how successful his strategy was.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the two men in Chatterton's life when he was a boy: his father and his grandfather.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)