|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tons did Bielenda's boat weigh?
2. What was the name of the charter captain who would pass around a bucketful of broken dishes and broken silverware and tell customers that a someone died for that stuff?
3. What dark wreck had Skibinski and Feldman dived previously?
4. What diver refused to dive to the sub after Feldman's death?
5. How old was Nagle when he became a legend in shipwreck diving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Frances Kohler do in Feburary of 1975 after she and her husband separated?
2. Why were shipwreck interiors terrifying places?
3. How did Bielenda get the coordinates for the wreck?
4. What were the sleeping accommodations like on the "Seeker"?
5. Why did Nagle think Kohler would be a good replacement for Feldman?
6. What would an excellent diver do before going on a diver?
7. What would a deep-wreck diver encounter if he dived long enough?
8. What was Feldman's signature outfit and gear when he arrived at charter boats?
9. Why was Kohler told to search the boots of the crew members on the U-boat?
10. What type of things did Richie like to read when he was a young boy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After finding the wrecked sub, the divers swear to keep the wreck a secret. Discuss why the divers decided to keep the wreck secret.
Essay Topic 2
A diver died during the second dive at the U-boat wreck. Discuss Steve Feldman and his death.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what diving had to do with Kohler's family life and why the two seemed to be mutually exclusive.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)