|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which naval class was the commander of the U-869 from?
2. Where did Chatterton and Kohler meet to discuss whether to search the dead crewmen for identifying information?
(a) Pizza Ranch.
(b) Scotty's Steakhouse.
(c) Ryan's Steakhouse.
(d) Cindy's Pizza.
3. The U-869 was expected to radio its position by December 29, when did the sub radio its position?
(a) December 30.
(b) December 31.
(c) January 3.
(d) January 6.
4. How many U-boat crewmen died during World War II?
5. How far did Chatterton have to go to get his stage bottles after running out of air after collecting a box from the electric motor room?
(a) 55 ft.
(b) 45 ft.
(c) 50 ft.
(d) 60 ft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was U-851 supposed to go?
2. When did the Seeker return to the wreck for a second dive in 1993?
3. What time did Chatterton return home Memorial Day, 1993?
4. When did Kohler return to diving?
5. When did Control believe that the U-869 would arrive near Gibraltar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Chatterton and Kohler stop diving after it appeared that the sub had to the the U-869?
2. In a phone call several months after Chatterton sent out inquiries about the knife, what did a U-boat enthusiast tell Chatteron?
3. What was a circle-runner?
4. Describe Bredow's U-boat Archive.
5. What was Nagle's personal appearance when the "Seeker" made the first trip back to the wreck in 1992?
6. In Chapter 8, why did Kohler believe the U-158 was the wrecked sub?
7. Who called Kohler the night before he was to go to Washington with Chatterton to research subs?
8. How did Chatterton plan to get into the electric motor room?
9. What happened to Brandt's submarine in February 1943?
10. What was the SS Carolina?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)