|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Seeker return to the wreck for a second dive in 1993?
(a) August 1.
(b) July 31.
(c) August 18.
(d) July 15.
2. What was the name of Neuerburg's wife?
3. Who was the commander of the U-857?
(a) Hermann Kaiser.
(b) Rudolf Premauer.
(c) Otto Eberlein.
(d) Paul Ackermann.
4. The U-869 was expected to radio its position by December 29, when did the sub radio its position?
(a) January 3.
(b) December 30.
(c) January 6.
(d) December 31.
5. When was the first attempt to get into electric motor room scheduled?
(a) July 31, 1997.
(b) July 24, 1997.
(c) August 1, 1997.
(d) August 17, 1997.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what angle did a pipe lay against the boxes that Chatterton wanted in the electric motor room?
2. When was Feldman's body found?
3. How long was the pipe that lay against boxes in the electric motor room?
4. How many days fuel did Neuerburg burn going through the Denmark Strait?
5. Where was U-851 supposed to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Chatterton think about during their decompression after he managed to get a box out of the electric motor room?
2. Why wasn't the wreck the U-851 or U-158?
3. Describe Bredow's U-boat Archive.
4. What did Chatterton learn about Horenburg from Merten, Bredow, and Grutzemacher?
5. In a phone call several months after Chatterton sent out inquiries about the knife, what did a U-boat enthusiast tell Chatteron?
6. What was Neuerburg's first assignment?
7. What was a circle-runner?
8. Where were tags with identifying marks found on the U-853? T
9. What news did Robert Coppock send Chatterton and Kohler?
10. Why did Herbert Guschewski believe he was lucky to be alive?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)