|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did each diver pay per trip to dive the wrecked sub?
2. How many stage bottles had the Rouses left behind?
3. How long was the pipe that lay against boxes in the electric motor room?
(a) 5 ft.
(b) 3 ft.
(c) 6 ft.
(d) 4 ft.
4. When did Kohler return to diving?
5. What did Kohler have to do after speaking with Robert Coppock from the British Ministry of Defense?
(a) Fix a bathroom window.
(b) Fix a window at KFC.
(c) Fix a stained glass window.
(d) Fix a window at Pizza Hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the chief engineer of the U-869?
2. How many men died when the U-158 was sunk?
3. Where did the U-869 arrive a week and a half after they left Germany?
4. When did Control believe that the U-869 would arrive near Gibraltar?
5. What did Chrissy drink for breakfast on the day he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Brandt's submarine in February 1943?
2. What was the commissioning dinner like for the U-602?
3. What was a circle-runner?
4. How did Chatterton and Kohler learn that the sub had been identified?
5. Why wasn't the wreck the U-851 or U-158?
6. Where were tags with identifying marks found on the U-853? T
7. In a phone call several months after Chatterton sent out inquiries about the knife, what did a U-boat enthusiast tell Chatteron?
8. How did Chatterton plan to get into the electric motor room?
9. Who were the post-war assessors and what did they do?
10. What was Nagle's personal appearance when the "Seeker" made the first trip back to the wreck in 1992?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)