|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which diver could not return to the wreck the second time?
(a) Steve Feldman.
(b) Ron Ostrowski.
(c) Lloyd Garrick.
(d) Kip Cochran.
2. What year was engraved on china that Chatterton found on the sub?
3. In what year was Chatterton born?
4. How old was Kohler when his father took him diving?
5. During one month in 1940, how many ships were sunk by U-boats?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the "Seeker" arrived at the wreck site, at how many feet did Nagle believe the wreck was?
2. Where did a former U-boat crewman tell Kohler to search the U-boat to help identify the wreck?
3. Between 1939 and 1945, how many U-boats did the Germans have?
4. What did Nagle sell at one time?
5. Of the certified scuba divers in the United States, about how many dove deep for shipwrecks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who had instilled a pride in being German in Kohler's father?
2. What happened to make Kohler quit getting into trouble?
3. What would an excellent diver do before going on a diver?
4. Why was Kohler told to search the boots of the crew members on the U-boat?
5. Why did Nagle and his kind dive?
6. What was Feldman's signature outfit and gear when he arrived at charter boats?
7. How did Nagle learn about a mystery at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean?
8. Describe the silverware that Chatterton found.
9. What were two primary dangers that a deep-shipwreck diver confronted?
10. What did the men on the "Seeker" decide to do when it looked as though the wreck lay between 230 and 260 ft.?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)