|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business did Kohler's father own?
(a) Grocery store.
2. How long did Chatterton think it would take him to determine if it was worth diving to the wreck or safe to dive to the wreck?
(a) 6 min.
(b) 25 min.
(c) 10 min.
(d) 16 min.
3. What might be the decompression time for a 2-hour dive?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 9 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 7 hours.
4. What time did the divers set out for a second trip to the wreck?
(a) 10 p.m.
(b) 11 p.m.
(c) 2 a.m.
(d) 1 a.m.
5. What dark wreck had Skibinski and Feldman dived previously?
(a) USS San Diego.
(b) RC Mohawk.
(c) Texas Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was it before the "Seeker" could return to the wreck?
2. In 1991, what was the name of Bill Nagle's boat?
3. What did someone offer Kohler for a skull from the wreck?
4. Of the certified scuba divers in the United States, about how many dove deep for shipwrecks?
5. How long after Feldman died, did Nagle radio the information to the Coast Guard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who had instilled a pride in being German in Kohler's father?
2. What type of things did Richie like to read when he was a young boy?
3. Why were shipwreck interiors terrifying places?
4. According to Patricia Chatterton, how did Rae Emmet Arison distinguish himself as a man?
5. Describe Brielle, New Jersey.
6. What were the sleeping accommodations like on the "Seeker"?
7. What would an excellent diver do before going on a diver?
8. How did Nagle learn about a mystery at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean?
9. What was Chatterton like in high school?
10. Why did Chatterton decide to issue a press release about the discovery of the U-boat?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)