|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the German-American club located that Kohler went to to find translators for the German books he purchased?
(c) Perth Amboy.
(d) Tinton Falls.
2. How many people died when the "Andrea Doria" collided with the "Stockholm"?
3. How long after Feldman died, did Nagle radio the information to the Coast Guard?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
4. What U-boat was on display at Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry?
5. What did someone offer Kohler for a skull from the wreck?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first wreck that Kohler dove?
2. When did the "Andrea Doria" wreck?
3. How long would a diver have to work a wreck before he had to begin the ascent to the surface?
4. What was the name of the charter captain who would pass around a bucketful of broken dishes and broken silverware and tell customers that a someone died for that stuff?
5. How long was it before the "Seeker" could return to the wreck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Brielle, New Jersey.
2. How did Nagle learn about a mystery at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean?
3. Why did Nagle think Kohler would be a good replacement for Feldman?
4. What would an excellent diver do before going on a diver?
5. What did the men on the "Seeker" decide to do when it looked as though the wreck lay between 230 and 260 ft.?
6. Why did Nagle and his kind dive?
7. What did some of the men do while they waited to return to the wreck?
8. Why was Kohler told to search the boots of the crew members on the U-boat?
9. What was Chatterton like in high school?
10. Who had instilled a pride in being German in Kohler's father?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)