|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did diver George Place drift when he lost his grip and failed to make it aboard the dive boat?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 3 miles.
(d) 4 miles.
2. What was the first wreck that Kohler dove?
(a) San Diego.
3. What was the name of Kohler's wife?
4. Where did Chatterton attend high school?
(b) Garden City.
(c) Cape May.
5. In the water of the Atlantic, how poor might visibility have been?
(a) 15 inches.
(b) 20 inches.
(c) 10 inches.
(d) 5 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1991, what was the name of Bill Nagle's boat?
2. What did Nagle sell at one time?
3. Where did Nagle meet the fisherman who told him about the mystery at the bottom of the ocean?
4. Between 1939 and 1945, how many U-boats did the Germans have?
5. What did someone offer Kohler for a skull from the wreck?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Patricia Chatterton, how did Rae Emmet Arison distinguish himself as a man?
2. What did Frances Kohler do in Feburary of 1975 after she and her husband separated?
3. Why were shipwreck interiors terrifying places?
4. What would an excellent diver do before going on a diver?
5. What was Chatterton like in high school?
6. What would a deep-wreck diver encounter if he dived long enough?
7. Describe Brielle, New Jersey.
8. Describe the silverware that Chatterton found.
9. Why did Chatterton decide to become a medic?
10. Why was Kohler told to search the boots of the crew members on the U-boat?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)