|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were the sea anemones that covered the wreck?
(a) Blue and red.
(b) White and orange.
2. When Chatterton decompressed after viewing the wreck, at what depth did he make his first stop?
(a) 55 feet.
(b) 75 feet.
(c) 60 feet.
(d) 70 feet.
3. How old was Nagle in 1991?
4. In the 1970s and 1980s, how deep would Nagle and other kings of the sport descend when diving?
(a) 225 feet.
(b) 175 feet.
(c) 150 feet.
(d) 200 feet.
5. During one month in 1940, how many ships were sunk by U-boats?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the sunken U-boat U-853 located?
2. What television network sent a crew to interview Chatteron and Nagle?
3. How much volume did each lungful of air require at 200 feet compared to what was required on the surface?
4. In the 1970s and 1980s, what was the recreational limit suggested by most scuba training organizations?
5. When did the divers head for the sub a third time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to make Kohler quit getting into trouble?
2. What was one of Nagle's greatest finds?
3. What type of things did Richie like to read when he was a young boy?
4. What was a sand sweep?
5. What did some of the men do while they waited to return to the wreck?
6. How did Bielenda get the coordinates for the wreck?
7. What was Chatterton like in high school?
8. Why did Nagle and his kind dive?
9. Why did Chatterton decide to issue a press release about the discovery of the U-boat?
10. Who had instilled a pride in being German in Kohler's father?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)