|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Chatterton think it would take him to determine if it was worth diving to the wreck or safe to dive to the wreck?
(a) 25 min.
(b) 16 min.
(c) 10 min.
(d) 6 min.
2. At sea level, what percent of oxygen would a person breathe?
(a) 44 percent.
(b) 38 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 21 percent.
3. When did Peter Gimbel open a rectangle into the Andrea Doria's first-class section?
4. What did someone offer Kohler for a skull from the wreck?
5. Of the certified scuba divers in the United States, about how many dove deep for shipwrecks?
(a) About two hundred.
(b) A few hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. During one month in 1940, how many ships were sunk by U-boats?
2. How tall was the cologne bottle that Kohler found?
3. How many men did one bathroom on a U-boat have to service?
4. What was the name of the charter captain who would pass around a bucketful of broken dishes and broken silverware and tell customers that a someone died for that stuff?
5. When Chatterton decompressed after viewing the wreck, at what depth did he make his first stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a sand sweep?
2. What was Chatterton like in high school?
3. Why did Nagle and his kind dive?
4. What would a deep-wreck diver encounter if he dived long enough?
5. What happened to make Kohler quit getting into trouble?
6. What was one of Nagle's greatest finds?
7. Describe the silverware that Chatterton found.
8. What type of things did Richie like to read when he was a young boy?
9. What was Feldman's signature outfit and gear when he arrived at charter boats?
10. Why did Nagle think Kohler would be a good replacement for Feldman?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)