|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At sea level, what percent of oxygen would a person breathe?
(a) 38 percent.
(b) 44 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 21 percent.
2. When did Jacques Cousteau help invent a system of tanks and regulators that allowed men to breathe underwater?
3. Where was Chatterton stationed in 1970?
4. In the water of the Atlantic, how poor might visibility have been?
(a) 15 inches.
(b) 20 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 10 inches.
5. In 1991, what was the name of Bill Nagle's boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first wreck that Kohler dove?
2. What television network sent a crew to interview Chatteron and Nagle?
3. How many packs of cigarettes did Chatterton's father smoke a day?
4. What year was engraved on china that Chatterton found on the sub?
5. During one month in 1940, how many ships were sunk by U-boats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Feldman's signature outfit and gear when he arrived at charter boats?
2. What did some of the men do while they waited to return to the wreck?
3. What would a deep-wreck diver encounter if he dived long enough?
4. Describe the silverware that Chatterton found.
5. Why were shipwreck interiors terrifying places?
6. According to Patricia Chatterton, how did Rae Emmet Arison distinguish himself as a man?
7. What was Chatterton like in high school?
8. Who had instilled a pride in being German in Kohler's father?
9. What were two primary dangers that a deep-shipwreck diver confronted?
10. What were the sleeping accommodations like on the "Seeker"?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)