|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the "Andrea Doria" wreck?
2. What time did the divers set out for a second trip to the wreck?
(a) 1 a.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
(d) 2 a.m.
3. Where was the German-American club located that Kohler went to to find translators for the German books he purchased?
(a) Tinton Falls.
(d) Perth Amboy.
4. In the 1970s and 1980s, what was the recreational limit suggested by most scuba training organizations?
(a) 85 feet.
(b) 130 feet.
(c) 154 feet.
(d) 200 feet.
5. How many tons did Bielenda's boat weigh?
(a) 58 tons.
(b) 49 tons.
(c) 20 tons.
(d) 35 tons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chatterton's father move after he and Patricia divorced?
2. Where did Chatterton live from 1973 to 1978?
3. In the 1970s and 1980s, how deep would Nagle and other kings of the sport descend when diving?
4. When Chatterton decompressed after viewing the wreck, at what depth did he make his first stop?
5. What color were the sea anemones that covered the wreck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Feldman's signature outfit and gear when he arrived at charter boats?
2. Who had instilled a pride in being German in Kohler's father?
3. Describe the silverware that Chatterton found.
4. What was Chatterton like in high school?
5. Why did Nagle and his kind dive?
6. Why was Kohler told to search the boots of the crew members on the U-boat?
7. What was one of Nagle's greatest finds?
8. What were the sleeping accommodations like on the "Seeker"?
9. Why did Chatterton decide to issue a press release about the discovery of the U-boat?
10. What were two primary dangers that a deep-shipwreck diver confronted?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)