|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long would a diver have to work a wreck before he had to begin the ascent to the surface?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 55 minutes.
(d) 25 minutes.
2. How much did the bell of the "Andrea Doria" weigh?
(a) 250 lbs.
(b) 200 lbs.
(c) 300 lbs.
(d) 150 lbs.
3. What might be the decompression time for a 2-hour dive?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 7 hours.
(d) 9 hours.
4. Where was the German-American club located that Kohler went to to find translators for the German books he purchased?
(c) Perth Amboy.
(d) Tinton Falls.
5. What was the name of the author of "Iron Coffins"?
(a) Herbert Werner.
(b) John Mannock.
(c) Jordan Vause.
(d) Wolfgang Luth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weapon did Chatterton carry when he first became a medic in Vietnam?
2. During one month in 1940, how many ships were sunk by U-boats?
3. In the water of the Atlantic, how poor might visibility have been?
4. Where did Chatterton's father move after he and Patricia divorced?
5. When did Chatterton issue a press release about the discovery of the wrecked sub?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to make Kohler quit getting into trouble?
2. Why did Nagle and his kind dive?
3. Why did Nagle want to identify the sub that he and the other divers found?
4. What did some of the men do while they waited to return to the wreck?
5. How did Chatterton behave when he returned home after a twelve-month tour in Vietnam?
6. Describe Brielle, New Jersey.
7. According to Patricia Chatterton, how did Rae Emmet Arison distinguish himself as a man?
8. What did the men on the "Seeker" decide to do when it looked as though the wreck lay between 230 and 260 ft.?
9. What was one of Nagle's greatest finds?
10. What was Chatterton like in high school?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)