|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the water of the Atlantic, how poor might visibility have been?
(a) 10 inches.
(b) 5 inches.
(c) 20 inches.
(d) 15 inches.
2. What was Kohler's first vehicle?
(a) 1972 Dodge Demon.
(b) 1974 Olds Cutlass Supreme.
(c) 1975 Ford pickup.
(d) 1973 Chevy pickup.
3. In Chapter 2, approximately how many certified scuba divers did the author say there were in the world?
(a) 15 million.
(d) 20 million.
4. What color were the sea anemones that covered the wreck?
(b) Blue and red.
(c) White and orange.
5. When did Chatterton's father die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Kohler when his father took him diving?
2. Where did a former U-boat crewman tell Kohler to search the U-boat to help identify the wreck?
3. In what year was Chatterton born?
4. When did the "Andrea Doria" wreck?
5. How long was it before the "Seeker" could return to the wreck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would an excellent diver do before going on a diver?
2. Why were shipwreck interiors terrifying places?
3. Why did Chatterton decide to issue a press release about the discovery of the U-boat?
4. What type of things did Richie like to read when he was a young boy?
5. Describe the silverware that Chatterton found.
6. Describe Brielle, New Jersey.
7. What were the sleeping accommodations like on the "Seeker"?
8. How did Chatterton behave when he returned home after a twelve-month tour in Vietnam?
9. What did the men on the "Seeker" decide to do when it looked as though the wreck lay between 230 and 260 ft.?
10. Who had instilled a pride in being German in Kohler's father?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)