|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During one month in 1940, how many ships were sunk by U-boats?
2. How far did diver George Place drift when he lost his grip and failed to make it aboard the dive boat?
(a) 4 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 3 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
3. How warm would the temperature have gotten on a U-boat in the diesel room?
(a) 120 degrees.
(b) Over 100 degrees.
(c) Around 90 degrees.
(d) 85 degrees.
4. What was the first wreck that Kohler dove?
(a) San Diego.
5. How tall was Chatterton?
(a) 5 ft. 11 in.
(b) 6 ft. 1 in.
(c) 6 ft. 2 in.
(d) 5 ft. 8 in.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men did one bathroom on a U-boat have to service?
2. How long was it before the "Seeker" could return to the wreck?
3. What was the name of the neighbor who instilled a love of German heritage in Kohler's father?
4. What was the temperature at the bottom of the Atlantic?
5. In Chapter 2, approximately how many certified scuba divers did the author say there were in the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Kohler told to search the boots of the crew members on the U-boat?
2. Why did Nagle and his kind dive?
3. What would a deep-wreck diver encounter if he dived long enough?
4. What did Frances Kohler do in Feburary of 1975 after she and her husband separated?
5. What type of things did Richie like to read when he was a young boy?
6. Who had instilled a pride in being German in Kohler's father?
7. What were two primary dangers that a deep-shipwreck diver confronted?
8. How did Nagle learn about a mystery at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean?
9. Why did Nagle think Kohler would be a good replacement for Feldman?
10. Why were shipwreck interiors terrifying places?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)