|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was imprinted on a cologne bottle that Kohler found?
2. How old was Richie Kohler when his parents moved to Marine Park in Brooklyn?
3. When did Jacques Cousteau help invent a system of tanks and regulators that allowed men to breathe underwater?
4. How large was the depth charge that a Civil Air Patrol pilot dropped on a U-boat?
(a) 275 lbs.
(b) 405 lbs.
(c) 325 lbs.
(d) 510 lbs.
5. How old was Nagle when he became a legend in shipwreck diving?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pounds of gear might a diver have used?
2. What was the name of the charter captain who would pass around a bucketful of broken dishes and broken silverware and tell customers that a someone died for that stuff?
3. How many divers signed on to try to find the wreck besides Nagle and Chatterson?
4. How warm would the temperature have gotten on a U-boat in the diesel room?
5. What was the first wreck that Kohler dove?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nagle learn about a mystery at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean?
2. Why did Chatterton decide to become a medic?
3. Describe the silverware that Chatterton found.
4. What did Frances Kohler do in Feburary of 1975 after she and her husband separated?
5. What were two primary dangers that a deep-shipwreck diver confronted?
6. What type of things did Richie like to read when he was a young boy?
7. Why didn't Nagle dive down to the wreck in Chapter 3?
8. What was Feldman's signature outfit and gear when he arrived at charter boats?
9. Why did Chatterton decide to issue a press release about the discovery of the U-boat?
10. What would an excellent diver do before going on a diver?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)