|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might be the decompression time for a 2-hour dive?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 7 hours.
(d) 9 hours.
2. How warm would the temperature have gotten on a U-boat in the diesel room?
(a) Over 100 degrees.
(b) 85 degrees.
(c) 120 degrees.
(d) Around 90 degrees.
3. What year was engraved on china that Chatterton found on the sub?
4. How old was Richie Kohler when his parents moved to Marine Park in Brooklyn?
5. What was the name of the charter captain who would pass around a bucketful of broken dishes and broken silverware and tell customers that a someone died for that stuff?
(a) Danny Crowell.
(b) Brian Robertson.
(c) Peter Martin.
(d) Matthew Vannoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Chatterton's mother when he was born?
2. What television network sent a crew to interview Chatteron and Nagle?
3. How much did the bell of the "Andrea Doria" weigh?
4. What type of business did Kohler's father own?
5. When did Nagle and Chatterton decide to come back to the wreck of the submarine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were shipwreck interiors terrifying places?
2. How did Bielenda get the coordinates for the wreck?
3. Describe Brielle, New Jersey.
4. Why did Nagle and his kind dive?
5. According to Patricia Chatterton, how did Rae Emmet Arison distinguish himself as a man?
6. Who had instilled a pride in being German in Kohler's father?
7. What were two primary dangers that a deep-shipwreck diver confronted?
8. What was a sand sweep?
9. What did some of the men do while they waited to return to the wreck?
10. Why did Nagle want to identify the sub that he and the other divers found?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)