|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Nagle and Chatterton decide to come back to the wreck of the submarine?
(a) September 18.
(b) September 21.
(c) October 14.
(d) October 4.
2. Where did Nagle meet the fisherman who told him about the mystery at the bottom of the ocean?
(b) Ocean City.
(d) Ventnor City,
3. What was the name of Kohler's wife?
4. How old was Nagle in 1991?
5. What type of business did Kohler's father own?
(a) Grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the sunken U-boat U-853 located?
2. What was imprinted on a cologne bottle that Kohler found?
3. Where did Chatterton's father move after he and Patricia divorced?
4. How long was it before the "Seeker" could return to the wreck?
5. When was the Civil Air Patrol organized by New York's Mayor Fiorello La Guardia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the men on the "Seeker" decide to do when it looked as though the wreck lay between 230 and 260 ft.?
2. How did Nagle learn about a mystery at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean?
3. What did some of the men do while they waited to return to the wreck?
4. Who had instilled a pride in being German in Kohler's father?
5. Why did Nagle want to identify the sub that he and the other divers found?
6. What was one of Nagle's greatest finds?
7. Why did Chatterton decide to issue a press release about the discovery of the U-boat?
8. What was Feldman's signature outfit and gear when he arrived at charter boats?
9. According to Patricia Chatterton, how did Rae Emmet Arison distinguish himself as a man?
10. Why was Kohler told to search the boots of the crew members on the U-boat?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)