Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the "Seeker" arrived at the wreck site, at how many feet did Nagle believe the wreck was?
(a) 150 ft.
(b) 250 ft.
(c) 230 ft.
(d) 175 ft.
2. Between 1939 and 1945, how many U-boats did the Germans have?
(d) 1, 245.
3. What type of business did Kohler's father own?
(c) Grocery store.
4. What name was on a knife that Chatterton found?
5. What was Kohler's first vehicle?
(a) 1975 Ford pickup.
(b) 1973 Chevy pickup.
(c) 1972 Dodge Demon.
(d) 1974 Olds Cutlass Supreme.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Chatterton's mother when he was born?
2. How tall was Chatterton?
3. Where did a former U-boat crewman tell Kohler to search the U-boat to help identify the wreck?
4. How old was Nagle in 1991?
5. What type of weapon did Chatterton carry when he first became a medic in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to make Kohler quit getting into trouble?
2. What did some of the men do while they waited to return to the wreck?
3. How did the U-857 sink?
4. What was a sand sweep?
5. How did Chatterton behave when he returned home after a twelve-month tour in Vietnam?
6. Why did Nagle think Kohler would be a good replacement for Feldman?
7. Why did Chatterton decide to become a medic?
8. What would a deep-wreck diver encounter if he dived long enough?
9. Describe Bredow's U-boat Archive.
10. Who called Kohler the night before he was to go to Washington with Chatterton to research subs?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)