|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the IXC U-boats that never returned from patrol, how many had had survivors?
2. What date did Chatterton discover on the escape lung he found in Chapter 11?
(a) September 1, 1944.
(b) May 12, 1944.
(c) April 15, 1944.
(d) January 13, 1944.
3. How many cigarettes did Kohler smoke on the way to recover the Rouses equipment?
4. What was the temporary title of the U-869?
5. From which naval class was the commander of the U-869 from?
6. How old was Merten, one of the experts who was helping Chatterton?
7. What did Nagle weigh in Chapter 11?
(a) About 150 lbs.
(b) 140 lbs.
(c) 130 lbs.
(d) Maybe 120 lbs.
8. What was the weather like when Chatterton returned the wreck after his successful videotaping?
(a) Perfect and calm.
9. When did Kohler and his wife separate?
(a) Around Christmas 1993.
(b) September 1993.
(c) Around Thanksgiving 1993.
(d) January 1994.
10. Who was the commander of the U-158?
(a) Erwin Rostin.
(b) Kurt Baberg.
(c) Klaus Hacklander.
(d) Peter Callsen.
11. What did Chrissy drink for breakfast on the day he died?
(b) Dr. Pepper.
(d) Mountain Dew
12. How old was Commander Neuerburg?
13. How many minutes of air did Chatterton have after smashing a pipe in the electric motor room?
(a) 3 min.
(b) 10 min.
(c) 15 min.
(d) 5 min.
14. How many IXC U-boats had never returned from patrol?
15. Who was the commander of the U-857?
(a) Hermann Kaiser.
(b) Otto Eberlein.
(c) Rudolf Premauer.
(d) Paul Ackermann.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months did Neuerburg spend in U-boat training?
2. What was the name of Kohler's stepdaughter?
3. How many boxes did Chatterton find under a pipe in the electric motor room?
4. Where did the U-869 arrive a week and a half after they left Germany?
5. How many children did Kohler have?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)