|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Commander Neuerburg?
2. How far apart did Chatterton and Kohler live from one another?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 31 miles.
(c) 23 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
3. How many pounds of TNT were in German submarine torpedoes?
4. How many prime artifacts did Chatterton find during his first dive in 1993?
5. How many bronze plaques listed the U-boat crewmen killed in action in World War II?
6. How old was the chief engineer of the U-869?
7. Who was the commander of the U-857?
(a) Paul Ackermann.
(b) Rudolf Premauer.
(c) Hermann Kaiser.
(d) Otto Eberlein.
8. According to the navy, where was U-157 sunk?
(c) Near Havana.
(d) North Carolina.
9. How many stage bottles had the Rouses left behind?
10. How far did Chatterton have to go to get his stage bottles after running out of air after collecting a box from the electric motor room?
(a) 50 ft.
(b) 45 ft.
(c) 60 ft.
(d) 55 ft.
11. What was the first submarine the Brandt served upon?
12. When was the U-869 commissioned?
(a) January 26, 1944.
(b) February 15, 1944.
(c) December 12, 1943.
(d) November 23, 1943.
13. How large of a chain did Chatterton and Kohler bring for their dive?
(a) 3 ton.
(b) 1 ton.
(c) 2 ton.
(d) 4 ton.
14. What had Chrissy's line been tangled around?
(a) A cabinet.
(b) Piece of canvas.
(c) A bunk.
(d) Piece of metal.
15. How old was the youngest member of the U-869 crew?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the German U-boat memorial located?
2. How many cigarettes did Kohler smoke on the way to recover the Rouses equipment?
3. Of the IXC U-boats that never returned from patrol, how many had had survivors?
4. When was the first attempt to get into electric motor room scheduled?
5. What time did Chatterton return home Memorial Day, 1993?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)