|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many drowned when the USS Carolina was hit by a U-boat?
2. How far was Feldman's body from the wreck when it was found?
(a) About 5 miles.
(b) 7 miles.
(c) About 4 miles.
(d) 6 miles.
3. How many IXC U-boats had never returned from patrol?
4. How many prime artifacts did Chatterton find during his first dive in 1993?
5. What instrument did Neuerburg play when he was young?
6. What tanker did Chatterton discover in 1994?
7. How many hours did it take to get a sledgehammer and return to the wreck?
8. What did Nagle drink before he died?
9. Where was the German U-boat memorial located?
10. Of the IXC U-boats that never returned from patrol, how many had had survivors?
11. After a successful videotaping, when did Chatterton and Kohler plan to return to the wreck?
(a) September 15.
(b) September 8.
(c) September 3.
(d) August 31.
12. How many stage bottles had the Rouses left behind?
13. What was the name of Neuerburg's wife?
14. The U-869 was expected to radio its position by December 29, when did the sub radio its position?
(a) December 30.
(b) December 31.
(c) January 6.
(d) January 3.
15. Where did the U-869 arrive a week and a half after they left Germany?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many U-boats were destroyed during Black May?
2. How old was the chief engineer of the U-869?
3. How long was the wrecked sub?
4. How many divers accompanied Chatterton and Kohler for the attempt to get into the electric motor room?
5. How old was the youngest member of the U-869 crew?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)