|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the water of the Atlantic, how poor might visibility have been?
(a) 10 inches.
(b) 20 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 15 inches.
2. When did the "Andrea Doria" wreck?
3. What was Kohler's first vehicle?
(a) 1975 Ford pickup.
(b) 1972 Dodge Demon.
(c) 1973 Chevy pickup.
(d) 1974 Olds Cutlass Supreme.
4. How old was Nagle when he became a legend in shipwreck diving?
5. How large was the depth charge that a Civil Air Patrol pilot dropped on a U-boat?
(a) 510 lbs.
(b) 405 lbs.
(c) 275 lbs.
(d) 325 lbs.
6. How far did diver George Place drift when he lost his grip and failed to make it aboard the dive boat?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
7. When was the Civil Air Patrol organized by New York's Mayor Fiorello La Guardia?
8. In Chapter 2, approximately how many certified scuba divers did the author say there were in the world?
(b) 20 million.
(c) 15 million.
9. At what depths does a deep-shipwreck diver's judgment and motor skills become impaired?
(a) 57 feet.
(b) 200 feet.
(c) 130 feet.
(d) 66 feet.
10. What U-boat was on display at Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry?
11. What type of weapon did Chatterton carry when he first became a medic in Vietnam?
(a) Mark 22.
(b) M-16 rifle.
(c) M-60 machine gun.
(d) .45 pistol.
12. Where did a former U-boat crewman tell Kohler to search the U-boat to help identify the wreck?
(a) Inside engine room.
(c) Under bunks.
(d) In the radio room.
13. When did Peter Gimbel open a rectangle into the Andrea Doria's first-class section?
14. What time did the divers set out for a second trip to the wreck?
(a) 1 a.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
(d) 2 a.m.
15. Where was Chatterton stationed in 1970?
Short Answer Questions
1. Between 1939 and 1945, how many U-boats did the Germans have?
2. What was Kohler's nickname as a member of the Atlantic Wreck Divers?
3. What was the temperature at the bottom of the Atlantic?
4. What diver refused to dive to the sub after Feldman's death?
5. Where was the sunken U-boat U-853 located?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)