|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were the sea anemones that covered the wreck?
(b) White and orange.
(d) Blue and red.
2. How much did the bell of the "Andrea Doria" weigh?
(a) 300 lbs.
(b) 200 lbs.
(c) 150 lbs.
(d) 250 lbs.
3. What name was on a knife that Chatterton found?
4. How long did Chatterton think it would take him to determine if it was worth diving to the wreck or safe to dive to the wreck?
(a) 25 min.
(b) 10 min.
(c) 6 min.
(d) 16 min.
5. What was Kohler's nickname as a member of the Atlantic Wreck Divers?
(d) Swingin' Jack.
6. At sea level, what percent of oxygen would a person breathe?
(a) 44 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 21 percent.
(d) 38 percent.
7. What was Kohler's first vehicle?
(a) 1975 Ford pickup.
(b) 1974 Olds Cutlass Supreme.
(c) 1973 Chevy pickup.
(d) 1972 Dodge Demon.
8. What U-boat was on display at Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry?
9. What diver refused to dive to the sub after Feldman's death?
10. What was the name of the neighbor who instilled a love of German heritage in Kohler's father?
11. When did Peter Gimbel open a rectangle into the Andrea Doria's first-class section?
12. How tall was the cologne bottle that Kohler found?
(a) 3 inches.
(b) 4 inches.
(c) 2 inches.
(d) 5 inches.
13. What type of business did Kohler's father own?
(d) Grocery store.
14. What was the first wreck that Kohler dove?
(d) San Diego.
15. What did Nagle sell at one time?
(b) Medical tools.
(c) Snap-on Tools.
(d) Stocks and bonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How deep was the deepest point of the wreck of the "Andrea Doria"?
2. When did Nagle and Chatterton decide to come back to the wreck of the submarine?
3. What television network sent a crew to interview Chatteron and Nagle?
4. When Chatterton decompressed after viewing the wreck, at what depth did he make his first stop?
5. Where did Nagle meet the fisherman who told him about the mystery at the bottom of the ocean?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)