|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the divers head for the sub a third time?
(a) October 15.
(b) September 18.
(c) October 3.
(d) September 29.
2. What time did the divers set out for a second trip to the wreck?
(a) 10 p.m.
(b) 1 a.m.
(c) 2 a.m.
(d) 11 p.m.
3. What was the name of the charter captain who would pass around a bucketful of broken dishes and broken silverware and tell customers that a someone died for that stuff?
(a) Peter Martin.
(b) Danny Crowell.
(c) Matthew Vannoy.
(d) Brian Robertson.
4. What was the name of Kohler's wife?
5. How long after Feldman died, did Nagle radio the information to the Coast Guard?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
6. When Chatterton decompressed after viewing the wreck, at what depth did he make his first stop?
(a) 70 feet.
(b) 55 feet.
(c) 60 feet.
(d) 75 feet.
7. When was the Civil Air Patrol organized by New York's Mayor Fiorello La Guardia?
8. When did Nagle and Chatterton decide to come back to the wreck of the submarine?
(a) September 18.
(b) September 21.
(c) October 4.
(d) October 14.
9. How old was Nagle in 1991?
10. How much volume did each lungful of air require at 200 feet compared to what was required on the surface?
(a) 11 times.
(b) 7 times.
(c) 9 times.
(d) 5 times.
11. How deep was the deepest point of the wreck of the "Andrea Doria"?
(a) 145 feet.
(b) 190 feet.
(c) 250 feet.
(d) 280 feet.
12. When did Chatterton issue a press release about the discovery of the wrecked sub?
(a) October 15.
(b) October 10.
(c) October 21.
(d) September 30.
13. How old was Richie Kohler when his parents moved to Marine Park in Brooklyn?
14. When did the "Andrea Doria" wreck?
15. What television network sent a crew to interview Chatteron and Nagle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What dark wreck had Skibinski and Feldman dived previously?
2. Where did Chatterton's father move after he and Patricia divorced?
3. How large was the depth charge that a Civil Air Patrol pilot dropped on a U-boat?
4. How many tons did Bielenda's boat weigh?
5. Where did Chatterton live from 1973 to 1978?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)