|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men did one bathroom on a U-boat have to service?
2. Of the certified scuba divers in the United States, about how many dove deep for shipwrecks?
(b) A few hundred.
(c) About two hundred.
3. How old was Nagle when he became a legend in shipwreck diving?
4. In Chapter 2, approximately how many certified scuba divers did the author say there were in the world?
(a) 15 million.
(b) 20 million.
5. When the "Seeker" arrived at the wreck site, at how many feet did Nagle believe the wreck was?
(a) 175 ft.
(b) 230 ft.
(c) 150 ft.
(d) 250 ft.
6. How many years did Kohler spend building the mirror division of his father's company?
7. Where did Chatterton live from 1973 to 1978?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
8. What diver refused to dive to the sub after Feldman's death?
9. What was the name of the author of "Iron Coffins"?
(a) Herbert Werner.
(b) Jordan Vause.
(c) Wolfgang Luth.
(d) John Mannock.
10. How long did Chatterton think it would take him to determine if it was worth diving to the wreck or safe to dive to the wreck?
(a) 25 min.
(b) 10 min.
(c) 6 min.
(d) 16 min.
11. When was Kohler's first child born?
12. How much visibility was available when Chatterton reached the wreck?
(a) 9 feet.
(b) 7 feet.
(c) 11 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
13. Where did Nagle meet the fisherman who told him about the mystery at the bottom of the ocean?
(c) Ventnor City,
(d) Ocean City.
14. How many people died when the "Andrea Doria" collided with the "Stockholm"?
15. What television network sent a crew to interview Chatteron and Nagle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Kohler's wife?
2. What was Kohler's nickname as a member of the Atlantic Wreck Divers?
3. How tall was Chatterton?
4. Where was Chatterton stationed in 1970?
5. How much did the bell of the "Andrea Doria" weigh?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)