|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Chatterton stationed in 1970?
2. How long after Feldman died, did Nagle radio the information to the Coast Guard?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 5 hours.
3. In the 1970s and 1980s, how deep would Nagle and other kings of the sport descend when diving?
(a) 175 feet.
(b) 150 feet.
(c) 200 feet.
(d) 225 feet.
4. How long did Chatterton think it would take him to determine if it was worth diving to the wreck or safe to dive to the wreck?
(a) 10 min.
(b) 25 min.
(c) 6 min.
(d) 16 min.
5. What time did the divers set out for a second trip to the wreck?
(a) 2 a.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
(d) 1 a.m.
6. How long would a diver have to work a wreck before he had to begin the ascent to the surface?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 55 minutes.
(c) 25 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
7. How much did the bell of the "Andrea Doria" weigh?
(a) 250 lbs.
(b) 150 lbs.
(c) 200 lbs.
(d) 300 lbs.
8. What dark wreck had Skibinski and Feldman dived previously?
(a) RC Mohawk.
(b) USS San Diego.
(d) Texas Tower.
9. When was Kohler's first child born?
10. When did Peter Gimbel open a rectangle into the Andrea Doria's first-class section?
11. How old was Kohler when his father took him diving?
12. How far did diver George Place drift when he lost his grip and failed to make it aboard the dive boat?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 4 miles.
13. How much visibility was available when Chatterton reached the wreck?
(a) 11 feet.
(b) 7 feet.
(c) 9 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
14. How many divers signed on to try to find the wreck besides Nagle and Chatterson?
15. In what year was Chatterton born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Chatterton issue a press release about the discovery of the wrecked sub?
2. What television network sent a crew to interview Chatteron and Nagle?
3. How tall was the cologne bottle that Kohler found?
4. In Chapter 2, approximately how many certified scuba divers did the author say there were in the world?
5. What was the first wreck that Kohler dove?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)