|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Kohler's younger brother's name?
2. When was Kohler's first child born?
3. Where did Chatterton's father move after he and Patricia divorced?
4. What name was on a knife that Chatterton found?
5. What color china was found on the U-boat?
6. How long would a diver have to work a wreck before he had to begin the ascent to the surface?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 55 minutes.
7. Where did Nagle meet the fisherman who told him about the mystery at the bottom of the ocean?
(b) Ventnor City,
(c) Ocean City.
8. What was imprinted on a cologne bottle that Kohler found?
9. In the water of the Atlantic, how poor might visibility have been?
(a) 10 inches.
(b) 15 inches.
(c) 20 inches.
(d) 5 inches.
10. What was the name of the neighbor who instilled a love of German heritage in Kohler's father?
11. When did the "Andrea Doria" wreck?
12. At what depths does a deep-shipwreck diver's judgment and motor skills become impaired?
(a) 66 feet.
(b) 200 feet.
(c) 57 feet.
(d) 130 feet.
13. Where did a former U-boat crewman tell Kohler to search the U-boat to help identify the wreck?
(b) Under bunks.
(c) Inside engine room.
(d) In the radio room.
14. What U-boat was on display at Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry?
15. How much volume did each lungful of air require at 200 feet compared to what was required on the surface?
(a) 7 times.
(b) 5 times.
(c) 11 times.
(d) 9 times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Kohler when his father took him diving?
2. In what year was Chatterton born?
3. For how many years did Rae Emmet Arison command submarines?
4. What year was engraved on china that Chatterton found on the sub?
5. How old was Nagle in 1991?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)