|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Shape of Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How deep was the deepest point of the wreck of the "Andrea Doria"?
(a) 280 feet.
(b) 190 feet.
(c) 250 feet.
(d) 145 feet.
2. What color were the sea anemones that covered the wreck?
(a) White and orange.
(c) Blue and red.
3. How old was Nagle in 1991?
4. How much visibility was available when Chatterton reached the wreck?
(a) 9 feet.
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 7 feet.
(d) 11 feet.
5. How long did Chatterton think it would take him to determine if it was worth diving to the wreck or safe to dive to the wreck?
(a) 6 min.
(b) 25 min.
(c) 10 min.
(d) 16 min.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did diver George Place drift when he lost his grip and failed to make it aboard the dive boat?
2. How many people died when the "Andrea Doria" collided with the "Stockholm"?
3. At what depths does a deep-shipwreck diver's judgment and motor skills become impaired?
4. When did Jacques Cousteau help invent a system of tanks and regulators that allowed men to breathe underwater?
5. Between 1939 and 1945, how many U-boats did the Germans have?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)