|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Shape of Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, approximately how many certified scuba divers did the author say there were in the world?
(b) 15 million.
(c) 20 million.
2. When Chatterton decompressed after viewing the wreck, at what depth did he make his first stop?
(a) 70 feet.
(b) 55 feet.
(c) 75 feet.
(d) 60 feet.
3. How many pounds of gear might a diver have used?
(a) 175 lbs.
(b) 75 lbs.
(c) 235 lbs.
(d) 50 lbs.
4. When did Nagle and Chatterton decide to come back to the wreck of the submarine?
(a) October 4.
(b) September 18.
(c) September 21.
(d) October 14.
5. How long did Chatterton think it would take him to determine if it was worth diving to the wreck or safe to dive to the wreck?
(a) 25 min.
(b) 6 min.
(c) 10 min.
(d) 16 min.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the "Seeker" arrived at the wreck site, at how many feet did Nagle believe the wreck was?
2. When did the "Andrea Doria" wreck?
3. How old was Nagle when he became a legend in shipwreck diving?
4. When did Jacques Cousteau help invent a system of tanks and regulators that allowed men to breathe underwater?
5. How far did diver George Place drift when he lost his grip and failed to make it aboard the dive boat?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)