|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of the book, whose screams cause Severian to turn away from the water and run back to the camp?
2. Where does Severian find the others after the people at the final play are attacked?
(a) In prison.
(b) In the cave.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In a clearing in the woods.
3. How long have some of the families been in the prison in the House of Absolute?
(a) Two generations.
(b) Seven generations.
(c) A year.
(d) Thirty days.
4. What does Vodalus make Severian and Jonas swear?
(a) An oath of loyalty.
(b) To leave the area and never return.
(c) To never marry or have children.
(d) They will not tell where he is hiding.
5. What is Severian's reaction when he realizes why the body was stolen from the graveyard?
(a) He becomes sick.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He can't wait to drink the liquid.
(d) He is relieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vodalus tell Severian to throw away?
2. What is the name of the village where Severian works as an executioner at the beginning of Part 2?
3. What do Severian and Jonas decide to do before the feast with Vodalus?
4. Who has a part in a play ready for Severian when they meet in the garden at the House of Absolute?
5. What does Severian tell Thea before he goes into the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jonas leave Severian and Agia alone while he goes to get the horses?
2. How does Jonas hope to find a way to fix himself?
3. Why is Severian unable to kill Agia?
4. What do Dr. Talos and Baldanders plan to do when they leave the group toward the end of the book?
5. During the last play in the book, what happens that makes Severian think there will be a lot of trouble?
6. In Thecla's letter to Severian, how does she say she escaped?
7. What does Severian say about the magic fountain that leads the reader to believe it may have been correct about Severian's future?
8. What does Severian remind Vodalus of when he and Jonas are brought before Vodalus?
9. What happens to Jolenta after she dies?
10. What prompts Severian to leave the cave where he was attacked by beasts?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)