|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Severian find in the water after being attacked in the cave?
(a) The Claw.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) His sword.
2. Near the end of the book, who will be leaving with Dr. Talos?
3. What part of the animal is the liquid in the bottle gathered from?
(a) The blood.
(b) The liver.
(c) The brain.
(d) The heart.
4. Where are the wounds that Jolenta is bleeding from?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her belly.
(c) Her legs.
(d) Her wrists.
5. What is the woman charged with whom Severian will execute?
(a) Consorting with Vodalus.
(b) Killing her son and husband.
(c) Stealing coins from the church.
(d) Killing a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Severian get the book that he reads to Jonas?
2. What is Severian's reaction when he realizes why the body was stolen from the graveyard?
3. As Severian and Jonas travel away from Vodalus' camp, what swoops near Severian's head?
4. What do Dorcas and Severian find in the castle?
5. In the House of Absolute, what turns out to be portals to other dimensions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dorcas tell Severian about her memories when they are reunited in the garden?
2. What happens when Severian shows the Claw in the cave while the beasts are surrounding him?
3. Why does Barnoch look half dead when Severian first sees him?
4. What do Dr. Talos and Baldanders plan to do when they leave the group toward the end of the book?
5. How does Jonas hope to find a way to fix himself?
6. What does Severian remind Vodalus of when he and Jonas are brought before Vodalus?
7. What prompts Severian to leave the cave where he was attacked by beasts?
8. Why were Vodalus' men sent to get Severian?
9. When Severian finds Dr. Talos and the others in the garden at the House of Absolute, what is Dr. Talos doing?
10. Why does Severian gain Thecla's memories and thoughts?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)