|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes mad and attacks people during the Dr. Talos' final play?
(c) Dr. Talos.
2. What does Severian borrow from Jonas after reading the letter slid under the door?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A scroll of paper.
(c) His sword.
(d) His horse.
3. Where does the green man say Agia is?
(b) Above ground.
(c) Hiding in a temple.
(d) Under ground.
4. Why can't the green man go home?
(a) His planet has been destroyed.
(b) He doesn't know how to get there.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He is chained.
5. Before Vodalus was separated from Dorcas, who was following them?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the House of Absolute, what turns out to be portals to other dimensions?
2. As Severian and Jonas travel away from Vodalus' camp, what swoops near Severian's head?
3. The liquid in the bottle is made from an animal that eats what?
4. What or who attacks Severian and Jonas after bringing the soldier back to life?
5. Who does Severian see in the crowd when Barnach is dragged from his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Severian to leave the cave where he was attacked by beasts?
2. What does the magic fountain show Severian when he throws a coin into it?
3. Why does Severian stop to look for his missing sword before he leaves the cave where the beasts attacked him?
4. Why does Jonas leave Severian and Agia alone while he goes to get the horses?
5. What does the beautiful and frightening creature in the water tell Severian to try to get him to join her?
6. What reason does the green man give Severian for his being green?
7. What do the beasts Severian encounters in the cave look like?
8. Why does Dorcas cry when Severian and Jolenta return from the rivers edge?
9. What happens when Severian shows the Claw in the cave while the beasts are surrounding him?
10. Why does Barnoch look half dead when Severian first sees him?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)