|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While escaping from the prison in the House of Absolute, Severian and Jonas find a room with what in it?
(b) A pile of treasure.
(c) Dead guards.
2. When he exits the caves, what does Severian have to dodge?
(a) Ape men.
(d) Huge holes in the ground.
3. What does Severian find in the water after being attacked in the cave?
(a) The Claw.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) His sword.
4. Before Vodalus was separated from Dorcas, who was following them?
5. What concern does Jonas have about himself after he is injured?
(a) He is certain he will die swiftly.
(b) He think Severian hates him.
(c) He believes he is immortal.
(d) He fears he is going insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Severian lose during his struggle in the cave?
2. Who wants to leave with Dr. Talos at the end of the book, but is refused?
3. What makes the things that attack Severian in the cave finally run in fear?
4. What part of the animal is the liquid in the bottle gathered from?
5. When does Jonas capture the beast that killed the soldier?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Severian finds Dr. Talos and the others in the garden at the House of Absolute, what is Dr. Talos doing?
2. Why does Severian begin to feel sick while he is waiting for the feast to begin?
3. What does Dorcas tell Severian about her memories when they are reunited in the garden?
4. What happens to Jolenta after she dies?
5. What do the beasts Severian encounters in the cave look like?
6. Why were Vodalus' men sent to get Severian?
7. Why does Severian gain Thecla's memories and thoughts?
8. Why is Severian unable to kill Agia?
9. Why does Jonas leave Severian and Agia alone while he goes to get the horses?
10. What reason does the green man give Severian for his being green?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)