|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the boys intend to go when they leave the graveyard?
(a) The teacher's house.
(b) Vodalus' lair.
(c) The guild.
(d) Severian's house.
2. How does Severian travel across the river on his way to find the avern?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On a large serpent.
(c) By ferry.
(d) He swims.
3. What direction do the priestesses travel in after leaving the city?
4. What is the name of the man in the shop Severian visits after breakfast with Dr. Talos and Baldanders?
5. What does Severian steal from the kitchen?
(a) An axe.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Severian buy from Agilus?
2. What is Dorcas unable to remember?
3. At the execution, how does the odd man in the crowd attempt to communicate with Severian?
4. How does the guild celebrate Severian becoming a journeyman torturer?
5. Who is Agia's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Severian keep from his friends about his near drowning in the river?
2. What do Severian and the other apprentices see when they go to the graveyard?
3. Why do the priestesses at the holy building search Agia?
4. What reason does Master Palaemon give Severian that the guild is unable to punish or kill Severian for helping Thecla?
5. What vision do Severian and Dorcas see following the duel?
6. What happens to Severian's wounds from the duel?
7. In Chapter 25, why does the innkeeper make Severian pay for his meal upfront?
8. As Severian prepares to leave the city following the execution of Agilus, what does he learn about the priestesses?
9. Why do Severian and the other boys sneak to the gate of the graveyard?
10. Why isn't the guild able to pass judgement on the people who are sent there?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)