|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonas want Severian to tell Jolenta for him?
(a) That Jonas is her brother.
(b) That Jonas died.
(c) That Jonas loves her.
(d) That Jolenta should follow Jonas into the portal.
2. Who does Barnach say will save him?
(d) His wife.
3. When Severian tries to treat Jonas' wound, what does he discover about Jonas?
(a) Jonas has the mark of the Claw on his arm.
(b) Jonas is one of the green men.
(c) Metal covers most of Jonas' body.
(d) Jonas is already dead.
4. Where does the green man say Agia is?
(b) Under ground.
(c) Above ground.
(d) Hiding in a temple.
5. Where are the wounds that Jolenta is bleeding from?
(a) Her legs.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her belly.
(d) Her wrists.
6. When Severian meets up with the group in the garden at the House of Absolute, who embraces him?
(b) Dr. Talos.
7. Who wants to leave with Dr. Talos at the end of the book, but is refused?
8. What does Severian throw a coin into while in the House of Absolute?
(a) A beggar's can.
(b) A fountain.
(c) A large vase in the entry hall.
(d) A bowl of water on the altar.
9. What does the letter say Thecla did?
(a) Faked her death.
(b) Murdered Vodalus.
(c) Killed the green man.
(d) Married the master of the guild.
10. What do the things that attack Severian in the cave do when they see the Claw?
(a) Bow down.
(b) Run away.
(c) Become more aggressive.
11. What is the woman charged with whom Severian will execute?
(a) Consorting with Vodalus.
(b) Killing a priest.
(c) Stealing coins from the church.
(d) Killing her son and husband.
12. Why can't the green man go home?
(a) He is chained.
(b) He is crippled.
(c) He doesn't know how to get there.
(d) His planet has been destroyed.
13. Where do Severian and Jolenta go to make love?
(a) The water's edge.
(b) A room in the House of Absolute.
(c) The portal room.
(d) The cave.
14. What does Severian borrow from Jonas after reading the letter slid under the door?
(a) His horse.
(b) A scroll of paper.
(c) A dagger.
(d) His sword.
15. Severian and Dorcas decide that Jolenta's wounds were caused by what?
(a) An animal attack.
(b) Angry villagers.
(c) Thorny branches.
(d) Her own hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the final play in the book, who is supposed to scare the crowds?
2. What does Severian tell Thea before he goes into the woods?
3. What does Vodalus order Severian to take a mouthful of at the feast?
4. What does one of the men who captured Severian and Jonas accidentally kill himself with?
5. Near the end of the book, who will be leaving with Dr. Talos?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)