|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorcas reveal she has remembered when she sees Severian at the House of Absolute?
(a) Bits of her past, but nothing she understands.
(b) That she has a child.
(c) Her age.
(d) Where to find the map.
2. What does Jonas want Severian to tell Jolenta for him?
(a) That Jonas died.
(b) That Jonas loves her.
(c) That Jonas is her brother.
(d) That Jolenta should follow Jonas into the portal.
3. What do the prisoners tell Severian and Jonas happens to the prisoners there?
(a) They are released within a few days.
(b) They never leave.
(c) They are treated like kings.
(d) They are swiftly executed.
4. Who has a part in a play ready for Severian when they meet in the garden at the House of Absolute?
(a) Dr. Talos.
5. Near the end of the book, who will be leaving with Dr. Talos?
6. The liquid in the bottle is made from an animal that eats what?
(b) Dragon flesh.
(c) Dead human flesh.
7. What are Severian and Jonas given when they leave Vodalus' camp?
(a) A bag of money.
(b) Two horses.
(c) A bottle of animal elixir.
(d) A map.
8. What does Vodalus make Severian and Jonas swear?
(a) They will not tell where he is hiding.
(b) An oath of loyalty.
(c) To never marry or have children.
(d) To leave the area and never return.
9. Dr. Talos uses a book for his final play. What is this book?
(a) The book of the executioner.
(b) The lost book of the new sun.
(c) The story of the green man.
(d) The Iliad.
10. In the House of Absolute, what turns out to be portals to other dimensions?
(a) Paintings in the hallway.
(b) The prison cells.
(c) The mirrors.
(d) The windows.
11. What does Vodalus order Severian to take a mouthful of at the feast?
(b) The animal elixir.
(c) Crocodile meat.
12. When Thea meets with Severian, what information does Severian give Thea?
(a) How to get to the guild.
(b) Vodalus' whereabouts.
(c) Where to find the Claw.
(d) What happened to her sister.
13. What does Severian throw a coin into while in the House of Absolute?
(a) A large vase in the entry hall.
(b) A fountain.
(c) A beggar's can.
(d) A bowl of water on the altar.
14. Where do Severian and Jolenta go to make love?
(a) The portal room.
(b) The water's edge.
(c) A room in the House of Absolute.
(d) The cave.
15. Whose thoughts overtake Severian while he sleeps in the prison at the House of Absolute?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Barnach say will save him?
2. Severian and Dorcas decide that Jolenta's wounds were caused by what?
3. What does Severian keep hidden in his boot?
4. What does Severian borrow from Jonas after reading the letter slid under the door?
5. What does Vodalus tell Severian to throw away?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)