|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Severian find in his satchel following Agilus' execution?
(a) A letter from Agia.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) The Claw of the Conciliator.
(d) A green dagger.
2. Who or what throws Severian toward the surface of the water after he caught by something?
(a) His friends.
(c) A huge serpent.
(d) A woman.
3. Severian believes that going over the process of the execution with Agilus will help give him what?
(a) A chance to escape.
(b) More fear and anguish.
(c) An opportunity to prepare Agia.
4. What has happened to the dog that Severian finds?
(a) It is lost.
(b) It has been tortured.
(c) It has been shot.
(d) It has been dyed a different color.
5. What is Severian given by the man he saves?
(a) An evil gemstone.
(b) A sword.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A book.
6. Who is the lover of Thecla's sister?
(b) Master Gurloes.
7. Whose office is Severian taken to after Thecla's death?
(a) Master Gurloes'.
(b) His own.
(c) The Autarch's.
(d) Master Palaemon's.
8. What do Dorcas and Severian see after Agilus' execution that disappears almost as soon as they spy it?
(a) A flying building.
(b) A dragon.
(c) An group of angels.
(d) Agilus' ghost.
9. Who explains to the waitress that they will be putting on a play?
(a) Dr. Talos.
10. What will Severian's new position be following Thecla's death?
(a) Guild Master.
(c) Master Torturer.
(d) He will no longer have a position.
11. When Severian and Dorcas come upon Dr. Talos and Baldanders performing a play, how does Dr. Talos introduce them to the crowd?
(a) Our dear friends Dorcas and Severian.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Death.
(c) Death and Innocence have arrived.
(d) Love and Anger have arrived.
12. After Thecla's death, what is missing from the room Severian is placed in?
(c) A door.
13. What do people ask Severian to put on their handkerchiefs on the day of Agilus' execution?
(a) His initials.
(b) A blessing.
(c) Dirt from the execution site.
14. Why is Agilus arrested after Severian battles his challenger?
(a) He stole Severian's sword.
(b) He lied about his identity.
(c) He cheated.
(d) He killed several people in the crowd.
15. What is in the river that Severian crosses on his way to the avern?
(a) Strange green mermaids.
(b) Many sparkling diamonds.
(c) Dead people.
(d) Sea serpents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of apprentices are Severian and the other boys?
2. After the play, Severian falls asleep and dreams of whom?
3. After breakfast, what does Severian go to find when he leaves Dr. Talos?
4. Who is naked and crying for Agilus in the prison?
5. Where is Severian sent as punishment?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)