|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men do Severian and the boys see in the graveyard?
2. What confuses Severian about the challenge he is issued?
(a) How to duel with a plant.
(b) How to make the magical bird fly.
(c) How to use a crossbow.
(d) Why he can't use his sword.
3. What orders does Severian find on Master Gurloes' table?
(a) Orders to send Severian away from the guild.
(b) Orders to torture and execute Thecla.
(c) Order to torture Severian.
(d) Orders to torture and execute Vodalus.
4. What does the the priestess look at to determine if Severian is guilty of stealing the Claw?
(a) Bones of a bird.
(b) His hands.
(c) His eyes.
(d) A crystal ball.
5. How does Severian travel across the river on his way to find the avern?
(a) By ferry.
(b) On horseback.
(c) On a large serpent.
(d) He swims.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the river that Severian crosses on his way to the avern?
2. What does Master Gurloes ask Severian when he is summoned to the master's office?
3. Who does Severian save in the cemetery?
4. How does the guild refer to the people who are sent there?
5. What does Thecla give Severian?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)