|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Severian gives Agilus instructions to prevent what at his execution?
(b) Angering the crowds.
(c) Being sick or relieving himself.
(d) A prolonged death.
2. What do the things that attack Severian in the cave do when they see the Claw?
(a) Bow down.
(b) Run away.
(c) Become more aggressive.
3. What kinds of weapons are carried by the person or people who attack the men in the graveyard?
4. Who explains to Severian that the masked man has issued a challenge?
(d) Dr. Talos.
5. How does the guild celebrate Severian becoming a journeyman torturer?
(a) With a feast.
(b) By giving him many gifts, including gold.
(c) They do not celebrate.
(d) With an elaborate graduation ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Severian in the water when he tries to free himself?
2. What is the name of the man in the shop Severian visits after breakfast with Dr. Talos and Baldanders?
3. When a new woman is brought to the guild, to which cell is she assigned?
4. What is in the river that Severian crosses on his way to the avern?
5. What has Severian been challenged to do by the masked man?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)