|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Agilus arrested after Severian battles his challenger?
(a) He cheated.
(b) He lied about his identity.
(c) He killed several people in the crowd.
(d) He stole Severian's sword.
2. What does Master Gurloes ask Severian when he is summoned to the master's office?
(a) If he wants to be a torturer.
(b) What Thecla has told him.
(c) If he wants to be the master of the guild.
(d) For information about Drotte.
3. What does Severian lose during his struggle in the cave?
(a) The Claw.
(b) The letter from Thecla.
(c) His lantern.
(d) His sword.
4. What does Severian buy from Agilus?
(a) A cloak.
(b) A book.
(c) A gem.
(d) A sword.
5. What is in the river that Severian crosses on his way to the avern?
(a) Sea serpents.
(b) Many sparkling diamonds.
(c) Strange green mermaids.
(d) Dead people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man in the shop Severian visits after breakfast with Dr. Talos and Baldanders?
2. Why can't the green man go home?
3. What happens to Severian in the water when he tries to free himself?
4. What do the things that attack Severian in the cave do when they see the Claw?
5. What is the water like that the boys swim in on the way back from the graveyard?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)