Part 1: Chapter 1-6
1. At the beginning of the story Severian tells about his adventure as a boy. Where are Severian and the other boys?
(a) At the school.
(b) At the gate of the cemetery.
(c) Near the river.
(d) Hiding in a mausoleum.
2. What kind of apprentices are Severian and the other boys?
3. Where do the boys hide when they hear a commotion?
(a) Inside an empty grave.
(b) Behind the tombstones.
(c) Behind thick bushes.
(d) In a tree.
4. How many men do Severian and the boys see in the graveyard?
5. What are the men in the graveyard doing when Severian sees them?
(a) Exchanging weapons.
(b) Grave robbing.
(c) Plotting to overthrow the king.
6. Who attacks the men in the graveyard?
(a) A woman.
(c) The boys.
(d) A mysterious vagabond.
7. What kinds of weapons are carried by the person or people who attack the men in the graveyard?
This section contains 4,135 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)