|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tribe are the four men from who are waiting for Dadi after the carnival?
2. As they travel, what do the Bedford trucks and buses look like to Shabanu?
3. How many camels do Dadi and Shabanu have to return home with?
4. After returning from the fair, the family has enough water to last _____.
5. What does the man who bought Guluband bring to the celebration at Shabanu's camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the rains dictate the life of Shabanu's family?
2. Describe the scene when Wardak returns to buy Guluband.
3. What does delivering the baby camel cause Shabanu to think about?
4. Why is Shabanu worried about her future?
5. What does Shabanu know is the reality for every Muslim girl?
6. How does Dadi make it up to Shabanu for discussing selling Guluband?
7. What all does Shabanu do at the Sibi carnival?
8. What is the Gudu Barrage?
9. Who is Sharma and how does Auntie feel about her?
10. What happens when a group of Bugtis tribesmen stop the caravan Dadi and Shabanu are traveling with to the Sibi Fair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolic significance of the following: the desert storm, monsoons, and dry seasons.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the subtitle of the novel: Daughter of the Wind. Is this an appropriate subtitle? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The news often carries images of Pakistan and other Middle Eastern countries. Compare and contrast those images with the setting portrayed in the novel.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)