|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the women who paint the bride before the wedding?
2. What did Shabanu see Dadi doing at the men's camp at the shrine?
3. What word does Shabanu use to describe Hamir?
4. Who does Shabanu look for first when the sand storm begins?
(b) Sher Dil.
5. What is the song called that Shama sings to the other women at the shrine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Phulan and Shabanu see what tied to a tree while they are searching for the water plant?
2. What is the name of Auntie's husband?
3. What are the graves of the martyrs made out of at Derawar?
4. Spin Gul and the Rangers will accompany the family as far ____________ on their way to meet with the landlords.
5. Where did they find Hamir's older brother's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Sharma give to Phulan before the wedding?
2. How does Shabanu meet Rahim-sahib for the first time?
3. Why does Shabanu worry about Phulan's future as the wife of a farmer?
4. What happens when Shabanu and Phulan are sent ahead of the family on their journey to the fort?
5. What do they discover when they go outside the hut after the sand storm?
6. What happens after Shabanu gets the women safely away from Mehrabpur?
7. How does Shabanu save Phulan from Nazir?
8. Was Mama right to mistrust the message brought to them by Spin Gul from the other Ranger post?
9. What is the legend of the thirsty dead?
10. What happens during Phulan's wedding ceremony?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)