|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Auntie's husband?
(d) Rahimyar Khan.
2. Rahim-sahib is in his ____________.
3. Shabanu tells the man that helps her rescue the boys from the tree at the Wing Commanders that she has perfect ____________.
4. What is Mama's reaction when Shabanu says she will go live with Sharma rather than marry Rahim?
(c) Slaps Shabanu.
(d) Slaps Dadi.
5. How many wives does Rahim-sahib have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mama washed the sand out of Shabanu's eyes with water and __________.
2. Who helps Shabanu to feel better about Phulan marrying Murad?
3. Who mourns Hamir by not speaking for a week?
4. What does Shabanu think is Murad's defining feature?
5. Dadi turns the young man that they find in the sand toward _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Phulan's wedding ceremony?
2. What advice does Sharma give to Phulan before the wedding?
3. How does Shabanu break with tradition on Grandfather's behalf?
4. What happens when Nazir and his hunting party see Shabanu returning from getting water?
5. What is the legend of the thirsty dead?
6. Why does Shabanu worry about Phulan's future as the wife of a farmer?
7. What do they discover when they go outside the hut after the sand storm?
8. What does Sharma tell Dadi about the marriage arrangements for Shabanu?
9. How does Shabanu meet Rahim-sahib for the first time?
10. How does Auntie act during the pilgrimage to Channan Pir?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)