|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color dress does Shabanu wear to Phulan's wedding?
2. What does Hamir give to Phulan as a wedding gift?
(a) A house.
(b) A ruby ring.
(c) A horse.
(d) Gold bangels.
3. While the men decide the fate of Shabanu's family, who is she afraid Phulan will have to marry?
4. How many sons does Rahim-sahib already have?
5. Rahim-sahib sends Shanbanu all the jewelry except what?
(a) Ruby ring.
(b) Platinum toe rings.
(c) Gold bracelets.
(d) Diamond nose ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the evil landlord?
2. Who tells the woman about how Hamir died?
3. Spin Gul and the Rangers will accompany the family as far ____________ on their way to meet with the landlords.
4. Rahim-sahib has the honorable role of being a what?
5. Who helps Shabanu to feel better about Phulan marrying Murad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Phulan's wedding ceremony?
2. What happens after Shabanu gets the women safely away from Mehrabpur?
3. Was Mama right to mistrust the message brought to them by Spin Gul from the other Ranger post?
4. What becomes of the house where Hamir is buried?
5. What is the story behind the shrine of Channan Pir?
6. How does Shabanu react to the new fate she has been given?
7. What happens when Nazir and his hunting party see Shabanu returning from getting water?
8. What is the legend of the thirsty dead?
9. Why can't Grandfather be buried inside the fort at Derawar?
10. How does Auntie act during the pilgrimage to Channan Pir?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)