|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mama and Auntie collect to help make Grandfather's grave?
(a) Camel hair.
(b) Cow dung.
2. What does Shabanu throw at the men in the hunting party in order to save Phulan?
(b) Water jars.
3. How many sons does Rahim-sahib already have?
4. Who actually sent the message from the Ranger post at Maujgarh?
5. Who does Shabanu look for first when the sand storm begins?
(a) Sher Dil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Shabanu's cousin who married last year?
2. What color is Grandfather's turban?
3. What is the name of Auntie's husband?
4. What does Xhush Dil grab that makes all the mourners laugh?
5. While the men decide the fate of Shabanu's family, who is she afraid Phulan will have to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Auntie tell Shabanu the morning after Hamir is killed by Nazir?
2. What happens during Phulan's wedding ceremony?
3. How does Shabanu react to the new fate she has been given?
4. Was Mama right to mistrust the message brought to them by Spin Gul from the other Ranger post?
5. What happens after Shabanu gets the women safely away from Mehrabpur?
6. How does Shabanu break with tradition on Grandfather's behalf?
7. Why can't Grandfather be buried inside the fort at Derawar?
8. What happens when Dadi and Shabanu go out searching for Grandfather during the storm?
9. What do they discover when they go outside the hut after the sand storm?
10. How does Shabanu meet Rahim-sahib for the first time?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)