|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Phulan resemble?
2. What has Grandfather made for Dadi to sell at the market?
(a) Camel hair blankets.
(b) Woven ropes.
(c) Wooden saddles.
(d) Cooking pots.
3. What does Phulan's name mean?
4. Who helps Shabanu feed the baby camel?
5. How many camels do they need to sell in order to pay for Phulan's wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Dadi say it costs to feed each camel a day?
2. What is Phulan wearing when she comes to see the new baby camel with Dadi?
3. Phulan feeds Mithoo by hanging a goatskin bag from ___________.
4. Shabanu thinks about Murad in chapter 3 and remembers she likes him because he what?
5. How long ago did the Hakra River dry up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Dadi sell most of the female camels to and how do the negotiations go?
2. What is the celebration at Shabanu's camp like on the last night of the Sibi fair?
3. Why is Shanbanu's father mad about the loss of the mother camel at first?
4. What kind of attention does Shabanu's herd of camels get at the Sibi fair?
5. What does Grandfather tell Shabanu after she returns from Sibi?
6. What do the men traveling to the fair talk about as they sit by the fire with Dadi?
7. How do the rains dictate the life of Shabanu's family?
8. Who is Sharma and how does Auntie feel about her?
9. What upsets Shabanu at the end of the first day of their trip to Sibi?
10. How does Shabanu show more concern for the camels than for obeying her father?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)