|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the fair, what are the men measuring on scales?
(b) Sugar cane.
2. Where does Shabanu keep the spending money Dadi gives her for the fair?
(a) Tied in her chadr.
(b) In a purse around her waist.
(c) In her shoe.
(d) Tied in her new skirt.
3. What name does Grandfather give all his camels?
4. Who helps Shabanu feed the baby camel?
5. How long has it been at the beginning of the novel since there was rain in the Cholistan desert?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 7 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many camels will Shabanu and Phulan each have in her dowry?
2. What color chadr does Phulan wear to the shrine?
3. What does Phulan get tangled in as she tried to escape the charging camel?
4. What is the special treat Dadi buys for Shabanu at the carnival made from?
5. How many days will the camels have to go without water on the journey to the fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the family's reaction when the see what Dadi has bought for Phulan's dowry and for gifts?
2. Why is Shanbanu's father mad about the loss of the mother camel at first?
3. What do the men traveling to the fair talk about as they sit by the fire with Dadi?
4. What upsets Shabanu at the end of the first day of their trip to Sibi?
5. What do they do to prepare the camels to be sold in Sibi?
6. What is the special relationship between Shabanu and her camel?
7. What happens when Shabanu goes from the women's camp to gather fodder and firewood?
8. What changes does Shabanu notice in Phulan as the wedding draws nearer?
9. What does delivering the baby camel cause Shabanu to think about?
10. What happens when a group of Bugtis tribesmen stop the caravan Dadi and Shabanu are traveling with to the Sibi Fair?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)