|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dadi say will give him the best price for Guluband?
(c) Desert Rangers.
2. Which camel gets a nose peg first?
(b) Xhush Dil.
(d) Sher Dil.
3. What is Phulan wearing when she comes to see the new baby camel with Dadi?
4. What people sacrifice and eat camels for a religious feast?
5. What does Shabanu name the puppy Dadi gives her?
(c) Xhush Dil.
(d) Sher Dil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dadi tell the one-eyed man that he will sell Guluband for?
2. Dadi wears a ________ tied around his waist.
3. What does Shabanu use to feed the orphan camel?
4. Camels usually give birth by ____________.
5. Who helps Shabanu feed the baby camel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does delivering the baby camel cause Shabanu to think about?
2. What does Grandfather tell Shabanu after she returns from Sibi?
3. What is the Gudu Barrage?
4. What happens when a group of Bugtis tribesmen stop the caravan Dadi and Shabanu are traveling with to the Sibi Fair?
5. What kind of attention does Shabanu's herd of camels get at the Sibi fair?
6. Why is Shanbanu's father mad about the loss of the mother camel at first?
7. How does Shabanu feel about her gift from Auntie?
8. Who does Dadi sell most of the female camels to and how do the negotiations go?
9. What all does Shabanu do at the Sibi carnival?
10. What does Guluband represent to Shabanu?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)