|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Kalu?
2. What does Shabanu feel Guluband has taken with him?
(a) Her future.
(b) Her hope.
(d) Her freedom.
3. What does Shabanu use to feed the orphan camel?
(a) A cup.
(b) A wet cloth.
(c) Her fingers.
(d) Another mother camel.
4. What clothing marks the Marris tribe from other groups?
(a) Striped turban.
(b) Billowy trousers.
(c) Gun slings.
(d) Embroidered vests.
5. What has Grandfather made for Dadi to sell at the market?
(a) Woven ropes.
(b) Cooking pots.
(c) Camel hair blankets.
(d) Wooden saddles.
6. Dadi wears a ________ tied around his waist.
7. What is the religion of Shabanu's family?
8. What is the special treat Dadi buys for Shabanu to eat at the carnival?
9. What is the toba?
(a) Head covering.
(b) Water jug.
(c) Water supply.
10. What is the reaction from Phulan, Mama, and Auntie when Dadi shows them all the things he bought for Phulan's dowry?
11. How much does the kind herder pay for Dadi's camels?
(a) Thirty thousand rupees.
(b) Twenty-five thousand rupees.
(c) Thirty-three thousand rupees.
(d) Twenty-eight thousand rupees.
12. What does "shutr keena" mean?
(a) The desert way.
(b) The way of the camel.
(c) Desert revenge.
(d) Camel vengeance.
13. What are the buckets Shabanu uses to haul water made from?
(a) Camel hair.
14. What does Phulan's name mean?
15. What doesn't Shabanu see at the fair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ride does Shabanu do first at the fair?
2. What color are the flowers that cover the desert after the rain?
3. What does Dadi give Shabanu as a gift along their journey?
4. What landmark do Shabanu and Dadi follow for the last part of their journey to the fair?
5. Phulan feeds Mithoo by hanging a goatskin bag from ___________.
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)