|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shabanu name the puppy Dadi gives her?
(a) Xhush Dil.
(c) Sher Dil.
2. How old is Phulan as the book begins?
3. What are the men sitting around the fire doing?
(a) Weaving fodder.
(b) Burning sugar cane.
(c) Smoking hookahs.
(d) Discussing politics.
4. Where does Shabanu go on her first morning home from the long journey? .
(c) Out with the camels.
(d) Prayer platform.
5. What clothing marks the Marris tribe from other groups?
(a) Striped turban.
(b) Embroidered vests.
(c) Gun slings.
(d) Billowy trousers.
6. What does the family feed the camels while they peg their noses?
7. What is Channan Pir known as?
(a) Protector of children.
(b) Granter of wishes.
(c) Protector of women.
(d) Granter of wealth.
8. What tribe are the four men from who are waiting for Dadi after the carnival?
9. What does the shrine of Channan Pir look like?
(a) An oasis.
(b) A mound of stones.
(c) A golden mosque.
(d) A stone arch.
10. What does the man who bought Guluband bring to the celebration at Shabanu's camp?
(a) Roasted goat.
(c) Roasted lamb.
11. How much does Guluband and the rest of the male camels sell for?
(a) One hundred thousand rupees.
(b) Fifty-five thousand rupees.
(c) One hundred and fifty thousand rupees.
(d) Two hundred thousand rupees.
12. How long has it been at the beginning of the novel since there was rain in the Cholistan desert?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 7 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 years.
13. How does Dadi feel about the mother camel dying?
14. What does Dadi tell the men they are traveling with is the reason they live in the desert?
(a) We use our women.
(b) We love our animals.
(c) We use our animals.
(d) We love our women.
15. How many baby camels are there when Dadi and Shabanu return home from their journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Shabanu think about as she helps the camel deliver the baby?
2. What river does the Gudu Barrage cross?
3. What does "shutr keena" mean?
4. Shabanu doesn't think she will ever be as beautiful as who?
5. What are the buckets Shabanu uses to haul water made from?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)