|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the quiet herder who wants to buy Dadi's camels?
2. What does Phulan get tangled in as she tried to escape the charging camel?
(a) The sand.
(b) Her veil.
(c) Dadi's turban.
(d) Guluband's legs.
3. What does Auntie give Shabanu before her journey with Dadi?
4. What did Shabanu have to keep away from the mother camel giving birth?
5. Shabanu names the orphan camel Mithoo for his __________.
(b) White fur.
6. How old is Shabanu as the book begins?
7. How many camels do Dadi and Shabanu have to return home with?
8. How long does Dadi hope his journey to the market place with Shabanu will be?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 10 days.
9. Mama tells Shabanu that she is as wild as what?
10. What does the shrine of Channan Pir look like?
(a) A stone arch.
(b) A golden mosque.
(c) An oasis.
(d) A mound of stones.
11. How much does Dadi sell Tipu for?
(a) Fifteen thousand rupees.
(b) Ten thousand rupees.
(c) Twenty thousand rupees.
(d) Eighteen thousand rupees.
12. What is Phulan wearing when she comes to see the new baby camel with Dadi?
13. What are chapatis?
(a) Head covering.
(b) Water supply.
(c) Water jug.
14. What color are the flowers that cover the desert after the rain?
15. What does "shutr keena" mean?
(a) The way of the camel.
(b) Camel vengeance.
(c) Desert revenge.
(d) The desert way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction from Phulan, Mama, and Auntie when Dadi shows them all the things he bought for Phulan's dowry?
2. What tribe does Dadi consider to be dangerous and unpredictable on the journey to the fair?
3. What has Grandfather made for Dadi to sell at the market?
4. What treasure is Auntie most impressed with that Dadi bought for Phulan's dowry?
5. Phulan and Shabanu ride in a __________ on the way to the shrine.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)