|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phulan's name mean?
2. What does Shabanu sell at the fair?
(a) Three of Mama's dresses.
(b) Two of grandfather's saddles.
(c) Three camel hair blankets.
(d) Two clay pots.
3. How many days will the camels have to go without water on the journey to the fair?
4. What does Dadi tell the one-eyed man that he will sell Guluband for?
(a) Twenty-five thousand rupees.
(b) Thirty-three thousand rupees.
(c) Twenty-eight thousand rupees.
(d) Thirty thousand rupees.
5. What are chapatis?
(b) Water jug.
(c) Water supply.
(d) Head covering.
6. In chapter 1, Mama assures Shabanu that she and Phulan are better than _______.
(a) A chest of gold.
(b) A hundred camel.
(d) Seven sons.
7. As they travel, what do the Bedford trucks and buses look like to Shabanu?
8. Who tells Shabanu that it's okay to cry for Guluband?
9. What does the family feed the camels while they peg their noses?
10. What does Shabanu use to keep the scorpions away from their bedrolls?
(c) Sand trench.
11. Watching Guluband be lead out of camp, Shabanu's heart feels like __________.
(a) A burning piece of paper.
(b) Broken clay pots.
(c) A dead camel.
12. Where does Shabanu go on her first morning home from the long journey? .
(a) Prayer platform.
(d) Out with the camels.
13. How does Shabanu feel about how her sister keeps herself covered as a bride-to-be?
14. What is the toba?
(a) Water jug.
(b) Water supply.
(c) Head covering.
15. What does the man who bought Guluband bring to the celebration at Shabanu's camp?
(b) Roasted goat.
(d) Roasted lamb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the flowers that cover the desert after the rain?
2. What is the name of the leader of the group of men who are waiting to speak to Dadi after the carnival?
3. What color chadr does Phulan wear to the shrine?
4. What does one of the men bring to play during the celebration of Dadi's success?
5. What does the shrine of Channan Pir look like?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)