|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phulan get tangled in as she tried to escape the charging camel?
(a) Dadi's turban.
(b) Guluband's legs.
(c) Her veil.
(d) The sand.
2. What is the name of the Muslim feast where camels and goats are sacrificed?
3. Mama tells Shabanu that she is as wild as what?
4. At the fair, what are the men measuring on scales?
(d) Sugar cane.
5. How much does Dadi say it costs to feed each camel a day?
(a) Hundred rupees.
(b) Ten rupees.
(c) Twleve rupees.
(d) Twenty rupees.
6. Who is taking care of Mithoo while Shabanu is on the journey?
7. What color is Kalu?
8. What does Dadi send Shabanu out to buy for a celebration at the fair?
(a) Four chickens.
(b) Roasted goat.
(c) Two chickens.
9. What does one of the men bring to play during the celebration of Dadi's success?
10. What does Shabanu sell at the fair?
(a) Two of grandfather's saddles.
(b) Two clay pots.
(c) Three of Mama's dresses.
(d) Three camel hair blankets.
11. How much did someone offer for Guluband at last year's fair?
(a) Twelve thousand dollars.
(b) Eighteen hundred dollars.
(c) Fifteen thousand rupees.
(d) Ten thousand rupees.
12. What does Dadi tell the one-eyed man that he will sell Guluband for?
(a) Thirty thousand rupees.
(b) Twenty-five thousand rupees.
(c) Thirty-three thousand rupees.
(d) Twenty-eight thousand rupees.
13. Phulan and Shabanu ride in a __________ on the way to the shrine.
14. Shabanu names the orphan camel Mithoo for his __________.
(b) White fur.
15. Which camel gets a nose peg first?
(b) Sher Dil.
(d) Xhush Dil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Shabanu feed the baby camel?
2. In chapter 1, Mama assures Shabanu that she and Phulan are better than _______.
3. What kind of ride does Shabanu do first at the fair?
4. Who does Phulan resemble?
5. Who tells Shabanu that it's okay to cry for Guluband?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)