|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the kind herder pay for Dadi's camels?
(a) Twenty-five thousand rupees.
(b) Twenty-eight thousand rupees.
(c) Thirty thousand rupees.
(d) Thirty-three thousand rupees.
2. How much does Dadi say it costs to feed each camel a day?
(a) Ten rupees.
(b) Twleve rupees.
(c) Twenty rupees.
(d) Hundred rupees.
3. Who does Dadi say will give him the best price for Guluband?
(c) Desert Rangers.
4. How does Shabanu feel about how her sister keeps herself covered as a bride-to-be?
5. What does the family feed the camels while they peg their noses?
6. Who tells Shabanu that it's okay to cry for Guluband?
7. What does Shabanu feel Guluband has taken with him?
(b) Her hope.
(c) Her freedom.
(d) Her future.
8. How long ago did the Hakra River dry up?
(a) Two hundred years.
(b) Five hundred years.
(c) One thousand years.
(d) Three thousand years.
9. What does Shabanu sell at the fair?
(a) Three of Mama's dresses.
(b) Two clay pots.
(c) Three camel hair blankets.
(d) Two of grandfather's saddles.
10. What tribe are the four men from who are waiting for Dadi after the carnival?
11. What does Phulan get tangled in as she tried to escape the charging camel?
(a) Dadi's turban.
(b) Guluband's legs.
(c) The sand.
(d) Her veil.
12. What is the reaction from Phulan, Mama, and Auntie when Dadi shows them all the things he bought for Phulan's dowry?
13. What do Shabanu and her family use to keep the fighting camels apart?
14. What does Shabanu use to keep the scorpions away from their bedrolls?
(d) Sand trench.
15. How long does Dadi hope his journey to the market place with Shabanu will be?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 1 month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Camels usually give birth by ____________.
2. What is the name of the quiet herder who wants to buy Dadi's camels?
3. What tribe does Dadi consider to be dangerous and unpredictable on the journey to the fair?
4. What is needed to sell camels for a good price to the government?
5. What people sacrifice and eat camels for a religious feast?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)