|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Watching Guluband be lead out of camp, Shabanu's heart feels like __________.
(a) Broken clay pots.
(b) A dead camel.
(d) A burning piece of paper.
2. What landmark do Shabanu and Dadi follow for the last part of their journey to the fair?
(c) City wall.
3. What tribe are the four men from who are waiting for Dadi after the carnival?
4. After returning from the fair, the family has enough water to last _____.
(a) One week.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two months.
5. Who does Dadi say will give him the best price for Guluband?
(b) Desert Rangers.
6. Who does Dadi sell Guluband to?
7. What does the family feed the camels while they peg their noses?
8. What tribe does Dadi consider to be dangerous and unpredictable on the journey to the fair?
9. What color is the covering Phulan must wear now that she is betrothed?
10. Who trains the Desert Rangers to look after life on the desert?
(a) Indian Army.
(b) U.S. Army.
(c) Pakistani Army.
(d) Afghan Army.
11. What does the shrine of Channan Pir look like?
(a) A mound of stones.
(b) A stone arch.
(c) An oasis.
(d) A golden mosque.
12. What kind of dance do the boys do during the celebration at the fair?
(a) Snake dance.
(b) Laughter dance.
(c) Danger dance.
(d) Sword dance.
13. What is the toba?
(a) Head covering.
(c) Water jug.
(d) Water supply.
14. What treasure is Auntie most impressed with that Dadi bought for Phulan's dowry?
(a) Brass pots.
(c) A nose ring.
(d) Gold necklace.
15. What does Shabanu use to keep the scorpions away from their bedrolls?
(a) Sand trench.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is taking care of Mithoo while Shabanu is on the journey?
2. How many baby camels are in the herd when the orphan baby comes along?
3. What name does Grandfather give all his camels?
4. What doesn't Shabanu see at the fair?
5. What does Shabanu use to feed the orphan camel?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)