|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which camel gets a nose peg first?
(c) Xhush Dil.
(d) Sher Dil.
2. What do Shabanu and her family use to keep the fighting camels apart?
3. What is the religion of Shabanu's family?
4. Where are the expensive fighting and dancing camels often sent?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
5. How many baby camels are there when Dadi and Shabanu return home from their journey?
6. What does Shabanu feel Guluband has taken with him?
(a) Her hope.
(c) Her future.
(d) Her freedom.
7. What landmark do Shabanu and Dadi follow for the last part of their journey to the fair?
(a) City wall.
8. Where does Shabanu go on her first morning home from the long journey? .
(c) Prayer platform.
(d) Out with the camels.
9. In chapter 1, Mama assures Shabanu that she and Phulan are better than _______.
(a) Seven sons.
(c) A hundred camel.
(d) A chest of gold.
10. Phulan feeds Mithoo by hanging a goatskin bag from ___________.
(a) Branch of a thorn tree.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Neck of a mother camel.
(d) A pole in the courtyard.
11. What is the name of the leader of the group of men who are waiting to speak to Dadi after the carnival?
12. It is said the Abassi prince kept how many wives in underground cells?
13. What does Dadi tell the men they are traveling with is the reason they live in the desert?
(a) We love our women.
(b) We love our animals.
(c) We use our women.
(d) We use our animals.
14. How many camels do Dadi and Shabanu have to return home with?
15. What does Shabanu use to keep the scorpions away from their bedrolls?
(c) Sand trench.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color chadr does Phulan wear to the shrine?
2. What is the special treat Dadi buys for Shabanu at the carnival made from?
3. What does the man who bought Guluband bring to the celebration at Shabanu's camp?
4. Shabanu says that as they leave the fair she feels as empty as ___________.
5. Who are the tribesmen that Dadi and Shabanu encounter on their journey looking for?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)