|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dadi give Shabanu as a gift along their journey?
(a) Pen and paper.
(b) Flower seeds.
(c) Glass bangles.
(d) Silk veil.
2. Who does Phulan resemble?
3. Dadi wears a ________ tied around his waist.
4. How many days will the camels have to go without water on the journey to the fair?
5. Shabanu thinks about Murad in chapter 3 and remembers she likes him because he what?
(a) Could make a camel dance.
(b) Played with the younger kids at weddings.
(c) Always looked handsome at the street fair.
(d) Was kind to cousin Adil.
6. What does Phulan get tangled in as she tried to escape the charging camel?
(a) The sand.
(b) Dadi's turban.
(c) Guluband's legs.
(d) Her veil.
7. In chapter 1, Mama assures Shabanu that she and Phulan are better than _______.
(a) A hundred camel.
(b) Seven sons.
(c) A chest of gold.
8. What river does the Gudu Barrage cross?
(a) Kush River.
(b) Thar River.
(c) Indus River
(d) Nile River.
9. Which camel gets a nose peg first?
(c) Xhush Dil.
(d) Sher Dil.
10. Shabanu doesn't think she will ever be as beautiful as who?
(b) American actress.
11. Who does Dadi say will give him the best price for Guluband?
(c) Desert Rangers.
12. What tribe are the four men from who are waiting for Dadi after the carnival?
13. What does Shabanu use to feed the orphan camel?
(a) Another mother camel.
(b) A cup.
(c) A wet cloth.
(d) Her fingers.
14. After returning from the fair, the family has enough water to last _____.
(a) Five days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) One week.
15. How many baby camels are in the herd when the orphan baby comes along?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dadi sell Guluband to?
2. What do Shabanu and her family use to keep the fighting camels apart?
3. It is said the Abassi prince kept how many wives in underground cells?
4. Where are the expensive fighting and dancing camels often sent?
5. How long ago did the Hakra River dry up?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)