|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the kind herder pay for Dadi's camels?
(a) Twenty-eight thousand rupees.
(b) Thirty-three thousand rupees.
(c) Twenty-five thousand rupees.
(d) Thirty thousand rupees.
2. Who trains the Desert Rangers to look after life on the desert?
(a) Indian Army.
(b) U.S. Army.
(c) Afghan Army.
(d) Pakistani Army.
3. What are chapatis?
(a) Water jug.
(b) Water supply.
(d) Head covering.
4. What does the man who bought Guluband bring to the celebration at Shabanu's camp?
(c) Roasted goat.
(d) Roasted lamb.
5. What is the name of the Muslim feast where camels and goats are sacrificed?
6. What does Shabanu use to feed the orphan camel?
(a) Another mother camel.
(b) A wet cloth.
(c) Her fingers.
(d) A cup.
7. Watching Guluband be lead out of camp, Shabanu's heart feels like __________.
(a) A dead camel.
(c) Broken clay pots.
(d) A burning piece of paper.
8. Shabanu doesn't think she will ever be as beautiful as who?
(c) American actress.
9. Mama thinks Shabanu needs to learn how to _________for her future.
10. In chapter 1, Mama assures Shabanu that she and Phulan are better than _______.
(a) A chest of gold.
(b) A hundred camel.
(c) Seven sons.
11. What is Phulan wearing when she comes to see the new baby camel with Dadi?
12. At the fair, what are the men measuring on scales?
(b) Sugar cane.
13. What tribe does Dadi consider to be dangerous and unpredictable on the journey to the fair?
14. When Shabanu was little her mother bathed her with how much water?
(a) Five drops.
(b) One pot.
(c) A single cup.
(d) Half a cup.
15. What is the special treat Dadi buys for Shabanu at the carnival made from?
(b) Betel leaf.
(c) Banana leaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Grandfather made for Dadi to sell at the market?
2. How much did someone offer for Guluband at last year's fair?
3. Phulan and Shabanu ride in a __________ on the way to the shrine.
4. What landmark do Shabanu and Dadi follow for the last part of their journey to the fair?
5. What kind of ride does Shabanu do first at the fair?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)