|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the flowers that cover the desert after the rain?
2. Where do Dadi and Shabanu camp the first night of their journey to sell the camels?
(a) Nawab Fort.
(b) Maujgarh Fort.
(c) Derawar Fort.
(d) Anwarh Fort.
3. What is the special treat Dadi buys for Shabanu at the carnival made from?
(a) Betel leaf.
(c) Banana leaf.
4. What treasure is Auntie most impressed with that Dadi bought for Phulan's dowry?
(a) A nose ring.
(b) Brass pots.
(c) Gold necklace.
5. Shabanu doesn't think she will ever be as beautiful as who?
(a) American actress.
6. What kind of ride does Shabanu do first at the fair?
(d) Ferris Wheel.
7. How long ago did the Hakra River dry up?
(a) Three thousand years.
(b) Two hundred years.
(c) One thousand years.
(d) Five hundred years.
8. How much is it rumored that the Afghan mujahideen are paying for good camels?
(a) Twelve thousand rupees.
(b) Fifteen hundred dollars.
(c) Eighteen thousand rupees.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
9. What does the man who bought Guluband bring to the celebration at Shabanu's camp?
(a) Roasted lamb.
(b) Roasted goat.
10. Shabanu names the orphan camel Mithoo for his __________.
(a) White fur.
11. Phulan feeds Mithoo by hanging a goatskin bag from ___________.
(a) Her arm.
(b) Branch of a thorn tree.
(c) Neck of a mother camel.
(d) A pole in the courtyard.
12. What does Phulan get tangled in as she tried to escape the charging camel?
(a) Dadi's turban.
(b) Her veil.
(c) The sand.
(d) Guluband's legs.
13. Who tells Shabanu that it's okay to cry for Guluband?
14. What kind of snake bit the mother camel before she gave birth?
15. What color is the covering Phulan must wear now that she is betrothed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Shabanu see at the fair?
2. How old is Phulan as the book begins?
3. What does "shutr keena" mean?
4. What does one of the men bring to play during the celebration of Dadi's success?
5. As they travel, what do the Bedford trucks and buses look like to Shabanu?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)