|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dadi wears a ________ tied around his waist.
2. Mama thinks Shabanu needs to learn how to _________for her future.
3. What does Shabanu use to feed the orphan camel?
(a) A wet cloth.
(b) Another mother camel.
(c) A cup.
(d) Her fingers.
4. What color chadr does Phulan wear to the shrine?
5. What does the shrine of Channan Pir look like?
(a) An oasis.
(b) A mound of stones.
(c) A stone arch.
(d) A golden mosque.
6. How much does Dadi say it costs to feed each camel a day?
(a) Twleve rupees.
(b) Hundred rupees.
(c) Twenty rupees.
(d) Ten rupees.
7. Shabanu says that as they leave the fair she feels as empty as ___________.
(a) The desert.
(b) The cloudless sky.
(c) Clay cups.
(d) Blank paper.
8. How much does the kind herder pay for Dadi's camels?
(a) Twenty-eight thousand rupees.
(b) Twenty-five thousand rupees.
(c) Thirty thousand rupees.
(d) Thirty-three thousand rupees.
9. What does Dadi give Shabanu as a gift along their journey?
(a) Pen and paper.
(b) Flower seeds.
(c) Glass bangles.
(d) Silk veil.
10. What does Phulan get tangled in as she tried to escape the charging camel?
(a) Dadi's turban.
(b) The sand.
(c) Guluband's legs.
(d) Her veil.
11. What does Shabanu feel Guluband has taken with him?
(a) Her future.
(b) Her freedom.
(c) Her hope.
12. How many baby camels are in the herd when the orphan baby comes along?
13. What kind of dance do the boys do during the celebration at the fair?
(a) Snake dance.
(b) Danger dance.
(c) Sword dance.
(d) Laughter dance.
14. What does one of the men bring to play during the celebration of Dadi's success?
15. What tribe are the four men from who are waiting for Dadi after the carnival?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place Dadi and Shabanu will travel to sell their camels?
2. Where do Dadi and Shabanu camp the first night of their journey to sell the camels?
3. What does Shabanu sell at the fair?
4. How long does Dadi hope his journey to the market place with Shabanu will be?
5. What is the name of the quiet herder who wants to buy Dadi's camels?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)