|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Shabanu keep the spending money Dadi gives her for the fair?
(a) Tied in her new skirt.
(b) Tied in her chadr.
(c) In a purse around her waist.
(d) In her shoe.
2. What does Shabanu use to keep the scorpions away from their bedrolls?
(c) Sand trench.
3. What tribe does Dadi consider to be dangerous and unpredictable on the journey to the fair?
4. What are the men sitting around the fire doing?
(a) Weaving fodder.
(b) Discussing politics.
(c) Burning sugar cane.
(d) Smoking hookahs.
5. How many baby camels are there when Dadi and Shabanu return home from their journey?
6. How old is Shabanu as the book begins?
7. What kind of ride does Shabanu do first at the fair?
(d) Ferris Wheel.
8. Shabanu doesn't think she will ever be as beautiful as who?
(d) American actress.
9. What kind of snake bit the mother camel before she gave birth?
10. What people sacrifice and eat camels for a religious feast?
11. What is the special treat Dadi buys for Shabanu at the carnival made from?
(a) Betel leaf.
(d) Banana leaf.
12. How does Dadi feel about the mother camel dying?
13. Phulan and Shabanu ride in a __________ on the way to the shrine.
14. How does Shabanu's new dress for her journey with Dadi make her feel?
15. When Shabanu was little her mother bathed her with how much water?
(a) Five drops.
(b) A single cup.
(c) One pot.
(d) Half a cup.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they travel, what do the Bedford trucks and buses look like to Shabanu?
2. What does Shabanu feel Guluband has taken with him?
3. How many days will the camels have to go without water on the journey to the fair?
4. Shabanu says that as they leave the fair she feels as empty as ___________.
5. What does Dadi send Shabanu out to buy for a celebration at the fair?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)