|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dadi feel about the mother camel dying?
2. What is the name of the place Dadi and Shabanu will travel to sell their camels?
3. Mama thinks Shabanu needs to learn how to _________for her future.
4. What river does the Gudu Barrage cross?
(a) Kush River.
(b) Thar River.
(c) Indus River
(d) Nile River.
5. What kind of snake bit the mother camel before she gave birth?
6. What name does Grandfather give all his camels?
7. What landmark do Shabanu and Dadi follow for the last part of their journey to the fair?
(a) City wall.
8. What does "shutr keena" mean?
(a) Desert revenge.
(b) The way of the camel.
(c) Camel vengeance.
(d) The desert way.
9. What does the family feed the camels while they peg their noses?
10. How does Shabanu's new dress for her journey with Dadi make her feel?
11. Phulan and Shabanu ride in a __________ on the way to the shrine.
12. How much does Guluband and the rest of the male camels sell for?
(a) Fifty-five thousand rupees.
(b) One hundred and fifty thousand rupees.
(c) Two hundred thousand rupees.
(d) One hundred thousand rupees.
13. What does Phulan's name mean?
14. What clothing marks the Marris tribe from other groups?
(a) Gun slings.
(b) Billowy trousers.
(c) Embroidered vests.
(d) Striped turban.
15. Who does Dadi sell Guluband to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Phulan as the book begins?
2. What does the shrine of Channan Pir look like?
3. At the fair, what are the men measuring on scales?
4. Who trains the Desert Rangers to look after life on the desert?
5. What color is the covering Phulan must wear now that she is betrothed?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)