|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the religion of Shabanu's family?
2. What does Dadi dance with during the celebration at their camp?
3. What kind of dance do the boys do during the celebration at the fair?
(a) Sword dance.
(b) Laughter dance.
(c) Snake dance.
(d) Danger dance.
4. What does Shabanu use to keep the scorpions away from their bedrolls?
(c) Sand trench.
5. Who does Dadi say will give him the best price for Guluband?
(d) Desert Rangers.
6. Who tells Shabanu that it's okay to cry for Guluband?
7. What does Dadi accuse the herder of during their negations over the camels?
(c) False economy.
(d) Playing games.
8. How many camels do they need to sell in order to pay for Phulan's wedding?
9. How many baby camels are there when Dadi and Shabanu return home from their journey?
10. What kind of ride does Shabanu do first at the fair?
(b) Ferris Wheel.
11. What color is Kalu?
12. How much does Dadi sell Tipu for?
(a) Ten thousand rupees.
(b) Twenty thousand rupees.
(c) Eighteen thousand rupees.
(d) Fifteen thousand rupees.
13. What is the name of the place Dadi and Shabanu will travel to sell their camels?
14. Phulan and Shabanu ride in a __________ on the way to the shrine.
15. What does "shutr keena" mean?
(a) The way of the camel.
(b) Camel vengeance.
(c) Desert revenge.
(d) The desert way.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is it rumored that the Afghan mujahideen are paying for good camels?
2. Shabanu says that as they leave the fair she feels as empty as ___________.
3. What color are the flowers that cover the desert after the rain?
4. What does Phulan's name mean?
5. How does Shabanu's new dress for her journey with Dadi make her feel?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)