|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color chadr does Phulan wear to the shrine?
2. How old is Shabanu as the book begins?
3. What are the buckets Shabanu uses to haul water made from?
(a) Camel hair.
4. How does Dadi feel about the mother camel dying?
5. What landmark do Shabanu and Dadi follow for the last part of their journey to the fair?
(c) City wall.
6. How many camels do Dadi and Shabanu have to return home with?
7. After returning from the fair, the family has enough water to last _____.
(a) Five days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) One week.
8. What tribe does Dadi consider to be dangerous and unpredictable on the journey to the fair?
9. How much did someone offer for Guluband at last year's fair?
(a) Eighteen hundred dollars.
(b) Fifteen thousand rupees.
(c) Ten thousand rupees.
(d) Twelve thousand dollars.
10. How old is Phulan as the book begins?
11. What river does the Gudu Barrage cross?
(a) Nile River.
(b) Kush River.
(c) Thar River.
(d) Indus River
12. How much does Guluband and the rest of the male camels sell for?
(a) One hundred thousand rupees.
(b) Fifty-five thousand rupees.
(c) Two hundred thousand rupees.
(d) One hundred and fifty thousand rupees.
13. What does Dadi dance with during the celebration at their camp?
14. It is said the Abassi prince kept how many wives in underground cells?
15. What is Channan Pir known as?
(a) Granter of wishes.
(b) Granter of wealth.
(c) Protector of children.
(d) Protector of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which camel gets a nose peg first?
2. Who is taking care of Mithoo while Shabanu is on the journey?
3. Phulan and Shabanu ride in a __________ on the way to the shrine.
4. What are the men sitting around the fire doing?
5. What does Dadi tell the men they are traveling with is the reason they live in the desert?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)