|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dadi accuse the herder of during their negations over the camels?
(a) Playing games.
(c) False economy.
2. What tribe are the four men from who are waiting for Dadi after the carnival?
3. Who helps Shabanu feed the baby camel?
4. How much does the kind herder pay for Dadi's camels?
(a) Twenty-five thousand rupees.
(b) Thirty thousand rupees.
(c) Twenty-eight thousand rupees.
(d) Thirty-three thousand rupees.
5. What color are the flowers that cover the desert after the rain?
6. What does the family feed the camels while they peg their noses?
7. What does Phulan's name mean?
8. What name does Grandfather give all his camels?
9. What does the shrine of Channan Pir look like?
(a) A stone arch.
(b) A mound of stones.
(c) An oasis.
(d) A golden mosque.
10. How old is Phulan as the book begins?
11. At the fair, what are the men measuring on scales?
(c) Sugar cane.
12. How long ago did the Hakra River dry up?
(a) Two hundred years.
(b) Three thousand years.
(c) Five hundred years.
(d) One thousand years.
13. Where do Dadi and Shabanu camp the first night of their journey to sell the camels?
(a) Anwarh Fort.
(b) Nawab Fort.
(c) Maujgarh Fort.
(d) Derawar Fort.
14. What has Grandfather made for Dadi to sell at the market?
(a) Wooden saddles.
(b) Camel hair blankets.
(c) Cooking pots.
(d) Woven ropes.
15. Who does Phulan resemble?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many camels do they need to sell in order to pay for Phulan's wedding?
2. How many camels does Dadi sell at the fair?
3. Watching Guluband be lead out of camp, Shabanu's heart feels like __________.
4. What color is Kalu?
5. What kind of snake bit the mother camel before she gave birth?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)