|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tribe does Dadi consider to be dangerous and unpredictable on the journey to the fair?
2. How many camels do they need to sell in order to pay for Phulan's wedding?
3. What are the buckets Shabanu uses to haul water made from?
(c) Camel hair.
4. Shabanu doesn't think she will ever be as beautiful as who?
(c) American actress.
5. What kind of snake bit the mother camel before she gave birth?
6. In chapter 1, Mama assures Shabanu that she and Phulan are better than _______.
(a) A hundred camel.
(b) Seven sons.
(c) A chest of gold.
7. What does Dadi tell the men they are traveling with is the reason they live in the desert?
(a) We love our animals.
(b) We use our women.
(c) We love our women.
(d) We use our animals.
8. What does Dadi tell the one-eyed man that he will sell Guluband for?
(a) Twenty-five thousand rupees.
(b) Twenty-eight thousand rupees.
(c) Thirty thousand rupees.
(d) Thirty-three thousand rupees.
9. What has Grandfather made for Dadi to sell at the market?
(a) Woven ropes.
(b) Cooking pots.
(c) Camel hair blankets.
(d) Wooden saddles.
10. What does Phulan get tangled in as she tried to escape the charging camel?
(a) Guluband's legs.
(b) Dadi's turban.
(c) Her veil.
(d) The sand.
11. What does Shabanu name the puppy Dadi gives her?
(b) Xhush Dil.
(d) Sher Dil.
12. What does Dadi give Shabanu as a gift along their journey?
(a) Silk veil.
(b) Pen and paper.
(c) Glass bangles.
(d) Flower seeds.
13. Mama tells Shabanu that she is as wild as what?
14. What tribe are the four men from who are waiting for Dadi after the carnival?
15. When Shabanu was little her mother bathed her with how much water?
(a) Half a cup.
(b) Five drops.
(c) A single cup.
(d) One pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Guluband and the rest of the male camels sell for?
2. Who does Phulan resemble?
3. Who trains the Desert Rangers to look after life on the desert?
4. Phulan feeds Mithoo by hanging a goatskin bag from ___________.
5. What is Tipu?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)