|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they travel, what do the Bedford trucks and buses look like to Shabanu?
2. What is the special treat Dadi buys for Shabanu to eat at the carnival?
3. What color are the flowers that cover the desert after the rain?
4. Who does Shabanu think about as she helps the camel deliver the baby?
5. What are the buckets Shabanu uses to haul water made from?
(a) Camel hair.
6. At the fair, what are the men measuring on scales?
(d) Sugar cane.
7. How long does Dadi hope his journey to the market place with Shabanu will be?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 1 month.
8. What is the name of the leader of the group of men who are waiting to speak to Dadi after the carnival?
9. Shabanu thinks about Murad in chapter 3 and remembers she likes him because he what?
(a) Could make a camel dance.
(b) Played with the younger kids at weddings.
(c) Was kind to cousin Adil.
(d) Always looked handsome at the street fair.
10. Who is taking care of Mithoo while Shabanu is on the journey?
11. What is the name of the Muslim feast where camels and goats are sacrificed?
12. What tribe does Dadi consider to be dangerous and unpredictable on the journey to the fair?
13. What river does the Gudu Barrage cross?
(a) Kush River.
(b) Indus River
(c) Thar River.
(d) Nile River.
14. How long has it been at the beginning of the novel since there was rain in the Cholistan desert?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 7 months.
(d) 2 years.
15. What clothing marks the Marris tribe from other groups?
(a) Striped turban.
(b) Gun slings.
(c) Billowy trousers.
(d) Embroidered vests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dadi dance with during the celebration at their camp?
2. What does the shrine of Channan Pir look like?
3. What is the reaction from Phulan, Mama, and Auntie when Dadi shows them all the things he bought for Phulan's dowry?
4. Mama tells Shabanu that she is as wild as what?
5. Who does Phulan resemble?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)