|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Muslim feast where camels and goats are sacrificed?
2. What does Shabanu feel Guluband has taken with him?
(a) Her hope.
(b) Her freedom.
(c) Her future.
3. What name does Grandfather give all his camels?
4. What landmark do Shabanu and Dadi follow for the last part of their journey to the fair?
(b) City wall.
5. What has Grandfather made for Dadi to sell at the market?
(a) Wooden saddles.
(b) Cooking pots.
(c) Camel hair blankets.
(d) Woven ropes.
6. How old is Shabanu as the book begins?
7. What are the men sitting around the fire doing?
(a) Smoking hookahs.
(b) Burning sugar cane.
(c) Discussing politics.
(d) Weaving fodder.
8. What does Shabanu use to keep the scorpions away from their bedrolls?
(a) Sand trench.
9. How old is Phulan as the book begins?
10. It is said the Abassi prince kept how many wives in underground cells?
11. Shabanu doesn't think she will ever be as beautiful as who?
(a) American actress.
12. Phulan feeds Mithoo by hanging a goatskin bag from ___________.
(a) Branch of a thorn tree.
(b) A pole in the courtyard.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Neck of a mother camel.
13. Mama tells Shabanu that she is as wild as what?
14. At the fair, what are the men measuring on scales?
(d) Sugar cane.
15. What is the toba?
(a) Head covering.
(b) Water jug.
(c) Water supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clothing marks the Marris tribe from other groups?
2. What does Dadi tell the men they are traveling with is the reason they live in the desert?
3. How much does Dadi say it costs to feed each camel a day?
4. How many camels does Dadi sell at the fair?
5. What does Auntie give Shabanu before her journey with Dadi?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)