|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the tribesmen that Dadi and Shabanu encounter on their journey looking for?
(a) A sister.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A son.
(d) A wife.
2. How old is Shabanu as the book begins?
3. What is Channan Pir known as?
(a) Granter of wishes.
(b) Granter of wealth.
(c) Protector of children.
(d) Protector of women.
4. What does the man who bought Guluband bring to the celebration at Shabanu's camp?
(a) Roasted goat.
(d) Roasted lamb.
5. What does Shabanu name the puppy Dadi gives her?
(a) Sher Dil.
(d) Xhush Dil.
6. What clothing marks the Marris tribe from other groups?
(a) Gun slings.
(b) Billowy trousers.
(c) Embroidered vests.
(d) Striped turban.
7. How old is Phulan as the book begins?
8. Phulan and Shabanu ride in a __________ on the way to the shrine.
9. Mama thinks Shabanu needs to learn how to _________for her future.
10. How many camels do Dadi and Shabanu have to return home with?
11. How many baby camels are there when Dadi and Shabanu return home from their journey?
12. What does Shabanu sell at the fair?
(a) Three camel hair blankets.
(b) Two of grandfather's saddles.
(c) Two clay pots.
(d) Three of Mama's dresses.
13. What are chapatis?
(a) Water supply.
(c) Head covering.
(d) Water jug.
14. What is the name of the quiet herder who wants to buy Dadi's camels?
15. What color is Kalu?
Short Answer Questions
1. Shabanu thinks about Murad in chapter 3 and remembers she likes him because he what?
2. Who does Phulan resemble?
3. What is the name of the leader of the group of men who are waiting to speak to Dadi after the carnival?
4. Mama tells Shabanu that she is as wild as what?
5. Shabanu names the orphan camel Mithoo for his __________.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)