|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many camels does Dadi sell at the fair?
2. How does Shabanu feel about how her sister keeps herself covered as a bride-to-be?
3. Phulan feeds Mithoo by hanging a goatskin bag from ___________.
(a) Neck of a mother camel.
(b) A pole in the courtyard.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Branch of a thorn tree.
4. What does Dadi tell the one-eyed man that he will sell Guluband for?
(a) Thirty thousand rupees.
(b) Twenty-eight thousand rupees.
(c) Thirty-three thousand rupees.
(d) Twenty-five thousand rupees.
5. What is the religion of Shabanu's family?
6. How many days will the camels have to go without water on the journey to the fair?
7. What does Dadi accuse the herder of during their negations over the camels?
(a) False economy.
(b) Playing games.
8. How long has it been at the beginning of the novel since there was rain in the Cholistan desert?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 7 months.
9. What does Shabanu name the puppy Dadi gives her?
(b) Sher Dil.
(c) Xhush Dil.
10. It is said the Abassi prince kept how many wives in underground cells?
11. After returning from the fair, the family has enough water to last _____.
(a) One week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two months.
12. What does one of the men bring to play during the celebration of Dadi's success?
13. What does "shutr keena" mean?
(a) The desert way.
(b) The way of the camel.
(c) Desert revenge.
(d) Camel vengeance.
14. What are the buckets Shabanu uses to haul water made from?
(d) Camel hair.
15. Where are the expensive fighting and dancing camels often sent?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tribe does Dadi consider to be dangerous and unpredictable on the journey to the fair?
2. Shabanu thinks about Murad in chapter 3 and remembers she likes him because he what?
3. How much does Dadi say it costs to feed each camel a day?
4. What does Shabanu sell at the fair?
5. Who tells Shabanu that it's okay to cry for Guluband?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)