|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shabanu sell at the fair?
(a) Three of Mama's dresses.
(b) Three camel hair blankets.
(c) Two clay pots.
(d) Two of grandfather's saddles.
2. How many camels does Dadi sell at the fair?
3. What river does the Gudu Barrage cross?
(a) Nile River.
(b) Kush River.
(c) Thar River.
(d) Indus River
4. What does Shabanu use to feed the orphan camel?
(a) Another mother camel.
(b) Her fingers.
(c) A cup.
(d) A wet cloth.
5. What treasure is Auntie most impressed with that Dadi bought for Phulan's dowry?
(a) Brass pots.
(c) A nose ring.
(d) Gold necklace.
6. How old is Shabanu as the book begins?
7. Shabanu doesn't think she will ever be as beautiful as who?
(c) American actress.
8. Who does Dadi say will give him the best price for Guluband?
(a) Desert Rangers.
9. What do Shabanu and her family use to keep the fighting camels apart?
10. What does "shutr keena" mean?
(a) Desert revenge.
(b) The way of the camel.
(c) The desert way.
(d) Camel vengeance.
11. Which camel gets a nose peg first?
(a) Sher Dil.
(c) Xhush Dil.
12. It is said the Abassi prince kept how many wives in underground cells?
13. What does Dadi accuse the herder of during their negations over the camels?
(b) Playing games.
(c) False economy.
14. What does Dadi send Shabanu out to buy for a celebration at the fair?
(a) Roasted goat.
(c) Two chickens.
(d) Four chickens.
15. How much did someone offer for Guluband at last year's fair?
(a) Eighteen hundred dollars.
(b) Ten thousand rupees.
(c) Twelve thousand dollars.
(d) Fifteen thousand rupees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Phulan as the book begins?
2. What are chapatis?
3. Phulan and Shabanu ride in a __________ on the way to the shrine.
4. What does Shabanu use to keep the scorpions away from their bedrolls?
5. What does Dadi dance with during the celebration at their camp?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)