|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days will the camels have to go without water on the journey to the fair?
2. How many baby camels are in the herd when the orphan baby comes along?
3. Who tells Shabanu that it's okay to cry for Guluband?
4. What kind of ride does Shabanu do first at the fair?
(c) Ferris Wheel.
5. How many camels do Dadi and Shabanu have to return home with?
6. What does Dadi send Shabanu out to buy for a celebration at the fair?
(b) Two chickens.
(c) Four chickens.
(d) Roasted goat.
7. What treasure is Auntie most impressed with that Dadi bought for Phulan's dowry?
(a) Brass pots.
(c) A nose ring.
(d) Gold necklace.
8. What does the shrine of Channan Pir look like?
(a) A golden mosque.
(b) A mound of stones.
(c) A stone arch.
(d) An oasis.
9. Mama thinks Shabanu needs to learn how to _________for her future.
10. What does the man who bought Guluband bring to the celebration at Shabanu's camp?
(a) Roasted lamb.
(d) Roasted goat.
11. What does Auntie give Shabanu before her journey with Dadi?
12. What does Dadi tell the men they are traveling with is the reason they live in the desert?
(a) We use our women.
(b) We love our women.
(c) We love our animals.
(d) We use our animals.
13. Where are the expensive fighting and dancing camels often sent?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
14. As they travel, what do the Bedford trucks and buses look like to Shabanu?
15. Dadi wears a ________ tied around his waist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is needed to sell camels for a good price to the government?
2. What does Shabanu sell at the fair?
3. What is the color of the skirt Mama makes for Shabanu before she sets out on her journey with Dadi?
4. How much does the kind herder pay for Dadi's camels?
5. What color are the flowers that cover the desert after the rain?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)