|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Bargain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Camels usually give birth by ____________.
(a) Laying down.
(b) Getting in water.
(c) Standing up.
(d) Walking the desert.
2. What does Phulan get tangled in as she tried to escape the charging camel?
(a) Dadi's turban.
(b) The sand.
(c) Guluband's legs.
(d) Her veil.
3. How many camels does Dadi sell at the fair?
4. What does Shabanu use to feed the orphan camel?
(a) A cup.
(b) Another mother camel.
(c) A wet cloth.
(d) Her fingers.
5. What does Shabanu sell at the fair?
(a) Three of Mama's dresses.
(b) Two clay pots.
(c) Two of grandfather's saddles.
(d) Three camel hair blankets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ride does Shabanu do first at the fair?
2. Where do Dadi and Shabanu camp the first night of their journey to sell the camels?
3. What is the color of the skirt Mama makes for Shabanu before she sets out on her journey with Dadi?
4. What landmark do Shabanu and Dadi follow for the last part of their journey to the fair?
5. What does "shutr keena" mean?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)