|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the hereditary Enemy of the Duck?
(a) Small vicious children.
(b) The Blue Heron.
2. Why has man watched birds for so long?
(a) To try to gather their feathers.
(b) To eat them.
(c) To obtain the secret of flight.
(d) To predict the weather.
3. What has George read is wrong with the atmosphere?
(a) It is too crowded with ducks.
(b) It is becoming polluted with dirt.
(c) It is too crowded with planes.
(d) It is escaping into space.
4. Where do you think George and Emil live?
(a) On the coastline.
(b) In the country.
(c) In a city.
(d) In a boat.
5. What does Emil call domesticated ducks?
(a) Backyard ducks.
(b) Barnyard ducks.
(c) Home ducks.
(d) Texas ducks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George claim thrives from living alone?
2. What does George claim is the duck and heron's natural relationship?
3. What item on the boat does Emil mistake for a woman?
4. Upon the duck's death, what law does George mention?
5. Why is Emil sometimes hurt by going to the park?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Emil, what is happening to some fish near Australia?
2. What was George reading about the balance of nature?
3. What point does Emil make about the wild Buffalo?
4. Why do George and Emil support spending money on wildlife?
5. What is George's account of the hunter who came across the ducks in the clearing?
6. Why does Emil sometimes think the park is more trouble than it is worth?
7. Why does George talk about symbiosis?
8. What are some of the items the men claim are needed to hunt a duck?
9. What does Emil predict with happen in the future with disposing of leaves?
10. Why did the Ancient Greeks watch birds?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)