|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Eating the Dinosaur, Klosterman discusses whether time travel or what will happen first?
(a) Hover cars.
(b) The rapture.
(c) A woman president.
(d) Sentient metal.
2. What does Klosterman plan to do at the end of Chapter 15 in order to meet a serial killer?
(a) Join a prison correspondence program.
(c) Frequent S and M bars.
(d) Pick up hitchhikers.
3. On day two of the Pop Music Studies conference, Klosterman misses a seminar that was to start at what time?
(b) 3:30 PM.
(c) 7:00 AM.
(d) 9:30 AM.
4. What is Klosterman's personal analogy for time?
(a) A train.
(b) A cliff.
(c) A zipline.
(d) A stream.
5. What term does Klosterman use in Chapter 14 to describe mainstream country music?
(a) Nascar country.
(b) Real life country.
(c) Garth Brooks country.
(d) Walmart country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion was Klosterman raised in?
2. According to Horace, what do real men drink?
3. What does Klosterman state is the essential question of all modern great films?
4. In addition to realizing that life is inherently disappointing, what reason does does Klosterman offer for Generation X's decision to abandon working class values in Chapter 12?
5. What era does Klosterman assault the country for romanticizing in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mitch dislike his coach in Downtown Owl?
2. Describe Klosterman's process for extracting truth from low culture.
3. What is the book Left Behind about?
4. What disagreement does Chuck Klosterman with critics regarding Vanilla Sky?
5. Why is Laura dispirited by her interview with Walter Valentine?
6. What is the value of lyrics in popular music?
7. What is the essence of coolness, as described in Chapter 10?
8. How does a Dixie Chicks concert reveal a cultural shift to Chuck Klosterman?
9. What is the difference between Saved by the Bell and an important show?
10. How has the quality of the Star Wars franchise been incorrectly assessed, according to Klosterman in Chapter 12?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)