|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an inherent problem that Klosterman lists in Eating the Dinosaur?
(a) It leads to multiple realities.
(b) It changes memory.
(c) It is scientifically impossible.
(d) It eliminates the orgins of things.
2. Which of the following is not a frequent topic of conversation from Horace and his friends?
(a) Dying friends.
(b) The weather.
(c) The new interstate.
(d) Walter Mondale.
3. The convoluted final hypothetical question of this section concerns which deceased actor?
(a) Richard Pryor.
(b) Christopher Reeve.
(c) John Ritter.
(d) Phil Hartman.
4. In the beginning of Eating the Dinosaur, Klosterman discusses whether time travel or what will happen first?
(a) The rapture.
(b) Sentient metal.
(c) Hover cars.
(d) A woman president.
5. Why did Chet's father buy him a bar in Owl?
(a) As a graduation present.
(b) To convince him not to reveal an affair.
(c) To launder money.
(d) To get him out of Minneapolis.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 14, Klosterman argues that most people see life as what?
2. What southern fast food establishment plays prominently in country music, according to Klosterman in Chapter 14?
3. A story about what musician does Klosterman cite in Chapter 16 for its admitted fraudulence?
4. As a child, Dahmer would pretend he had what affliction?
5. When did Klosterman become completely dedicated to watching Saved by the Bell regularly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What example does Klosterman offer in Eating the Dinosaur to illustrate the loss of origins in time travel?
2. Why is being a serial killer more authentic than being a regular celebrity?
3. How was the Tori Paradox the most realistic part of Saved by the Bell?
4. What disagreement does Chuck Klosterman with critics regarding Vanilla Sky?
5. What is the difference between Saved by the Bell and an important show?
6. How does a Dixie Chicks concert reveal a cultural shift to Chuck Klosterman?
7. What annoys Horace and his friends about Chet the dog-lover?
8. Why is serial killing a modern crime?
9. Why do sports writers hate their work?
10. Why is Laura dispirited by her interview with Walter Valentine?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)