|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Klosterman points out that what type of writers hate their jobs?
(a) Obit writers.
(b) Music writers.
(c) Metro writers.
(d) Sports writers.
2. What does Julie do after getting home from her meeting with Valentine?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Write her boyfriend.
(c) Say a prayer.
(d) Smoke pot.
3. The convoluted final hypothetical question of this section concerns which deceased actor?
(a) John Ritter.
(b) Richard Pryor.
(c) Christopher Reeve.
(d) Phil Hartman.
4. Which character did not disappear abruptly at some point in the final season of Saved by the Bell?
(a) Jessie Spano.
(c) Lisa Turtle.
(d) Kelli Kapowski.
5. What does Klosterman insist was born in the story of the Star Wars franchise?
(a) Generation X.
(b) His hatred of robots.
(c) The internet.
(d) Agnostic spirituality.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Klosterman in Chapter 16, why do copy editors insert false information into a news story?
2. What word does Kirk Cameron use to describe the Rapture as depicted in Left Behind in the interview quoted in Chapter 17?
3. Which of the following is not a frequent topic of conversation from Horace and his friends?
4. What realization does the protagonist of Waking Life have at the end of the film?
5. What does Klosterman plan to do at the end of Chapter 15 in order to meet a serial killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disagreement does Chuck Klosterman with critics regarding Vanilla Sky?
2. Why is Laura dispirited by her interview with Walter Valentine?
3. What is the book Left Behind about?
4. How does a Dixie Chicks concert reveal a cultural shift to Chuck Klosterman?
5. What example does Klosterman offer in Eating the Dinosaur to illustrate the loss of origins in time travel?
6. Why does Mitch dislike his coach in Downtown Owl?
7. What annoys Horace and his friends about Chet the dog-lover?
8. Why does Klosterman posit that traveling forward in time is less fraught than traveling back?
9. Describe Klosterman's process for extracting truth from low culture.
10. Describe to conflict between alternative and mainstream country music.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)