|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Klosterman jokes about which religious sect's young people carping about whether they practice?
(a) The Mormons.
(b) The Amish.
(c) The Satanists.
(d) The Davidians.
2. Why does Klosterman think artists like Billy Joel are largely ignored?
(a) They write forgettable music.
(b) They are short.
(c) They personalities are forgettable.
(d) They write for working-class folk.
3. According to Klosterman, what types of interactions in The Real World are real?
(a) Sexual interactions.
(b) SIlent interactions.
(c) Self-referential interactions.
(d) Racial interactions.
4. How is Klosterman officially fired from his little league coaching job?
(a) By phone call.
(b) By note.
(c) In a one-on-one meeting.
(d) He is not officially fired.
5. According to Klosterman in Chapter 3, every Real World character became a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which song does Klosterman cite as having superior insights on a theme to Born to Run?
2. How does Klosterman think Big Brother would have survived?
3. Why is Chuck's Sim unable to form a romantic relationship with Bella?
4. What does Klosterman do with his Sim at the end of Chapter 2?
5. In the introduction, what data does Klosterman say is the way he analyzes his goal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Puck and Pedro transcend The Real World frame?
2. What conclusion does Klosterman come to regarding the Lakers and Celtics at the end of Chapter 8?
3. How did Nora Ephron ruin a lot of young lives?
4. Why do women have an illogical opinion of John Cusack, according to Chuck Klosterman?
5. What does Klosterman learn about his life from his Sim?
6. What is the value of celebrity nudity sites on the net?
7. What is the essential difference between a Laker philosophy and a Celtic philosophy?
8. According to Klosterman in Chapter 4, what is Generation X's connection with coolness?
9. How did Woody Allen change and then fail to change romantic perceptions?
10. What possible pitfalls could the release of Chinese Democracy cause for Paradise City?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)