|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klosterman insist was born in the story of the Star Wars franchise?
(a) The internet.
(b) His hatred of robots.
(c) Generation X.
(d) Agnostic spirituality.
2. In Chapter 14, which country star's song does Chuck Klosterman dissect in detail?
(a) Tim McGraw.
(b) Trisha Yearwood.
(c) George Strait.
(d) Toby Keith.
3. Who was granola designed initially to feed?
(b) Sanitarium inmates.
(c) Overseas travelers.
(d) Nuns in seclusion.
4. The Kellogg brothers had a falling out over what change made to corn flakes?
(a) The packaging of them for sale.
(b) The marketing of them as a food for humans.
(c) The addition of sugar.
(d) The serving of them with milk.
5. In Chapter 10, Klosterman argues the a child's cereal choice is made to avoid being what?
6. Sylvester Graham argued that insanity is linked to what?
(a) Religious affiliation.
(b) Food choices.
(c) Family history.
(d) Moon cycles.
7. In Chapter 13, which actor's 1970s career does Klosterman use as an example of films that expressed the zeitgeist?
(a) Gene Hackman.
(b) Al Pacino.
(c) Marlon Brando.
(d) Jack Nicholson.
8. In one of the hypothetical questions, Klosterman discusses a person who is perfect in every way, except their only cultural reference is what film?
(b) The Dark Crystal.
(d) The Princess Bride.
9. Where in school was Klosterman when he began researching serial killers?
(a) Eighth grade.
(b) Fourth grade.
(c) Freshman year of college.
(d) Sophomore year of high school.
10. What southern fast food establishment plays prominently in country music, according to Klosterman in Chapter 14?
(a) Krystal Burger.
(c) Tastee Freeze.
(d) Dairy Queen.
11. According to Klosterman in Chapter 16, why do copy editors insert false information into a news story?
(a) In the name of fairness.
(b) To discredit a writer.
(c) To play with readers for fun.
(d) To push an agenda.
12. What is Klosterman's personal analogy for time?
(a) A zipline.
(b) A cliff.
(c) A stream.
(d) A train.
13. Which of the following cereal icons is not cited in Chapter 10 as a Sisyphean character?
(a) The Trix Rabbit.
(b) Tony the Tiger.
(c) Sonny the Cuckoo Bird.
(d) The Cookie Crisp Crook.
14. In Chapter 16, what phrase does Klosterman insist must be included in any story involving a crime?
(b) Person of interest.
(c) Ongoing investigation.
15. When did Klosterman become completely dedicated to watching Saved by the Bell regularly?
(b) Eighth grade.
(c) His freshman year of high school.
(d) During his first internship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a story in the heavy news day Klosterman describes in a hypothetical question?
2. In Chapter 13, Klosterman questions the logic of the protagonists' choices in The Matrix and Vanilla Sky because why?
3. According to Horace, what do real men drink?
4. What topic of conversation did Gacy continuously bring up with Nuzum in their phone calls?
5. Which Saved by the Bell actor did not take a madly divergent role after the show?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)