|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Klosterman, why is Lee a celebrity?
(a) Because of Motley Crue.
(b) Because he strives to be.
(c) Because everyone is a celebrity in modern America.
(d) Because of his sex tape with Anderson.
2. According to Klosterman, Billy Joel is great despite what?
(a) Making music in the 1980s.
(b) Playing the piano.
(c) Being old.
(d) Not being cool.
3. Which song does Klosterman cite as having superior insights on a theme to Born to Run?
(a) Moving Out.
(b) Immigrant Song.
(c) Paradise by the Dashboard Light.
(d) On the Road to Find Out.
4. What is the preferred drug of Laker people?
5. Which generation does Klosterman acknowledge he belongs to?
(a) The Millenial Generation.
(b) Generation X.
(c) The Greatest Generation.
(d) The Hippie Generation.
6. In Chapter 1, Klosterman jokes about which religious sect's young people carping about whether they practice?
(a) The Amish.
(b) The Mormons.
(c) The Satanists.
(d) The Davidians.
7. According to Klosterman, the characters in The Sims are slave to what?
(b) Physical laws.
(c) Their needs.
(d) The player
8. What does Klosterman admit The Real World consists of?
(a) People doing nothing.
(b) People arguing.
(c) People trying to stay on television.
(d) People hooking up.
9. Why can Anderson not date sports stars, according to Klosterman in Chapter 6?
(a) They are not overtly sexual.
(b) No one follows sports like they did in the 1950s.
(c) Her profile his not high enough.
(d) She is a PR liability.
10. What does a nude celebrity's nudity unconsciously prove to others?
(a) They want the viewer.
(b) They are regular people.
(c) They are unattainable.
(d) They are deperate for love.
11. In the Introduction, Klosterman says his goal in writing the novel is to explain what?
(a) Where America is headed.
(b) How we can be happy.
(c) Why he hates himself.
(d) Why we are alive.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 6, Klosterman says he never wants hear someone say soccer is what again?
(a) More active than basketball.
(b) A waste of time.
(d) The sport of the future.
13. With what term does Klosterman characterize Pat Riley's coaching style?
14. How does Klosterman think Big Brother would have survived?
(a) If there was a soundtrack.
(b) If there was mroe arguing.
(c) If more cast members slept together.
(d) If someone died.
15. Klosterman begins Chapter 8 by talking about which prolific American director?
(a) Spike Lee.
(b) Martin Scorsese.
(c) David Fincher.
(d) John Cassavettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Klosterman not picture Marilyn Monroe doing?
2. Which of the following characters is not referenced in Chapter 1?
3. What Joel album does Klosterman insist was a universally loved?
4. What is the first thing Klosterman asks Riley about in their Chapter 8 interview?
5. According to Klosterman in Chapter 3, every Real World character became a what?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)