|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is something that every first-time Sim player does, according to developer Will Wright?
(a) Not get a job.
(b) Go to the bathroom on themselves.
(c) Kill the Sim.
(d) Seduce a married woman.
2. What does Klosterman credit porn with doing in Chapter 9?
(a) Reducing violent crime.
(b) Ending the missionary position's dominance.
(c) Creating a second economy.
(d) Popularizing the internet.
3. Which of the following is not an Electronic Arts game mentioned in Chapter 2?
(d) The Sims.
4. According to Klosterman, Billy Joel is great despite what?
(a) Not being cool.
(b) Being old.
(c) Making music in the 1980s.
(d) Playing the piano.
5. What social group does Klosterman acknowledge at the end of Chapter 8 have missed the internet porn revolution?
(a) The elderly.
6. Why is Madonna an unsuccessful sexual icon?
(a) She cannot act.
(b) She is too talented.
(c) She is too boring.
(d) She tries to hard.
7. In the Introduction, Klosterman says his goal in writing the novel is to explain what?
(a) How we can be happy.
(b) Why he hates himself.
(c) Why we are alive.
(d) Where America is headed.
8. According to Klosterman, the characters in The Sims are slave to what?
(a) Physical laws.
(b) The player
(c) Their needs.
9. What does a Celtic person eat for breakfast?
(d) Steak and eggs.
10. What does a nude celebrity's nudity unconsciously prove to others?
(a) They are unattainable.
(b) They want the viewer.
(c) They are regular people.
(d) They are deperate for love.
11. What is the first thing Klosterman asks Riley about in their Chapter 8 interview?
(a) His feelings about the zone defense.
(b) His drinking.
(c) His thoughts on Larry Bird.
(d) His haircut.
12. Which word is Klosterman astounded to find so prevalent around internet pornography at the beginning of Chapter 9?
13. In Chapter 1, Klosterman says Nora Ephron convinced an entire generation that they should look where for a lover?
(a) Their friends.
(b) Their high school sweethearts.
(c) Their family.
14. Near the end of Chapter 4, Klosterman states definitely that Joel's songs are not what?
15. How does Klosterman describe his desire to protect Marilyn Monroe in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what abstract notion does Pamela Anderson make love, according to Klosterman in Chapter 6?
2. Which band member of Paradise City is the band leader looking to replace?
3. What did Riley teach his Lakers after they choked in 1984?
4. At the end of Chapter 6, Klosterman says that both Monroe and Anderson are only about what?
5. With what term does Klosterman characterize Pat Riley's coaching style?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)