|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which serial killer claimed pornography was detrimental to society?
(a) Charles Manson.
(b) David Berkowitz.
(c) John Wayne Gacy.
(d) Ted Bundy.
2. At the end of Chapter 4, Klosterman says that Joel's music is about accepting what?
(a) Lots of money.
3. In the Communications and Society class Klosterman describes in Chapter 1, what does the professor claim is indoctrination for children?
(a) Action figures.
(d) Fairy tales.
4. In his latter work, Billy Joel expresses boredom with what?
5. In Chapter 4, Klosterman notes that Bruce Springsteen is a hero to what?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The uneducated.
(c) The French.
(d) People from New Jersey.
6. How does Klosterman describe his desire to protect Marilyn Monroe in Chapter 6?
7. Around what holiday does Klosterman traditionally watch the Pamela Anderson sex tape?
(b) Independence Day.
8. Which band member of Paradise City is the band leader looking to replace?
(c) Bass guitar.
(d) Lead guitar.
9. According to Klosterman, the characters in The Sims are slave to what?
(a) Their needs.
(b) The player
(d) Physical laws.
10. What does Klosterman initially suspect the Sims to be a critique of?
(c) Self-help movements.
11. Near the end of Chapter 4, Klosterman states definitely that Joel's songs are not what?
12. What is the mistake Klosterman's friends make when they watch romantic comedies and maudlin family dramas?
(a) They assume life should be like them.
(b) They criticize them as they would great art.
(c) They dismiss them out of hand.
(d) They think they are capable of writing them.
13. At the end of Chapter 6, Klosterman says that both Monroe and Anderson are only about what?
(a) The Media.
14. Between which years does Klosterman focus his basketball debate in Chapter 8?
15. What is does Wyndmere have instead of a park?
(a) A rock garden.
(b) A series of parking lots.
(c) A mall.
(d) A forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the unifying theme of all of Billy Joel's music?
2. Between which two states does Klosterman say he wrote this book?
3. What statement at the beginning of Chapter 1 does Klosterman think will haunt him later?
4. According to Klosterman in Chapter 3, every Real World character became a what?
5. What is the first thing Klosterman asks Riley about in their Chapter 8 interview?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)