|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Around what holiday does Klosterman traditionally watch the Pamela Anderson sex tape?
(d) Independence Day.
2. What is a Laker person's preferred socially-irresponsible rapper?
(b) 50 Cent.
(c) Lil' John.
(d) Ice Cube.
3. What is the first thing Klosterman asks Riley about in their Chapter 8 interview?
(a) His thoughts on Larry Bird.
(b) His drinking.
(c) His haircut.
(d) His feelings about the zone defense.
4. Which artist does Klosterman quote in Chapter 2 as voice questioning materialism?
(a) David Byrne.
(b) Neil Young.
(c) Thom Yorke.
(d) Mos Def.
5. What is something that every first-time Sim player does, according to developer Will Wright?
(a) Seduce a married woman.
(b) Kill the Sim.
(c) Not get a job.
(d) Go to the bathroom on themselves.
6. Near the end of Chapter 4, Klosterman states definitely that Joel's songs are not what?
7. In the Introduction, Klosterman says his goal in writing the novel is to explain what?
(a) Why we are alive.
(b) How we can be happy.
(c) Where America is headed.
(d) Why he hates himself.
8. What separates Paradise City from other Guns-N-Roses tribute bands?
(a) They don't wear wigs.
(b) They play drunk.
(c) They have learned some bottleg Chinese Democracy tunes.
(d) They play their own instruments.
9. Klosterman begins Chapter 8 by talking about which prolific American director?
(a) David Fincher.
(b) John Cassavettes.
(c) Martin Scorsese.
(d) Spike Lee.
10. Klosterman theorizes in Chapter 2 that many who play The Sims enact what?
(a) Their twenties.
(b) Their fantasies.
(c) Their nightmares.
(d) Their own lives.
11. What Joel album does Klosterman insist was a universally loved?
(a) The Stranger.
(b) Glass Houses.
(c) River of Dreams.
(d) An Innocent Man.
12. Who did Laura turn out to be about?
(a) Joel's wife.
(b) Joel's daughter.
(c) Joel's sister.
(d) Joel's daughter.
13. In Chapter 9, Klosterman says the internet allows people to participate in what?
(a) A massive orgy.
(b) A hum of white noise.
(c) An international dialogue.
(d) A collective consciousness.
14. What does Klosterman do with his Sim at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Buy him an espresso machine.
(b) Give him Free Will.
(c) Send him to work.
(d) Kill him.
15. Which song does Klosterman cite as having superior insights on a theme to Born to Run?
(a) On the Road to Find Out.
(b) Immigrant Song.
(c) Paradise by the Dashboard Light.
(d) Moving Out.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Klosterman, Billy Joel is great despite what?
2. According to Klosterman, what types of interactions in The Real World are real?
3. At the end of Chapter 6, Klosterman says that both Monroe and Anderson are only about what?
4. According to Klosterman in Chapter 1, an intellectual relationship is no different from what?
5. What statement at the beginning of Chapter 1 does Klosterman think will haunt him later?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)