|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
(a) A pilgrimage.
(b) A religious festival.
(c) A eulogy.
(d) An offering.
2. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
(c) A blacksmith.
3. Who is described as a captain who deserves praise for never letting his "ship" sink or crash on the rocks?
(c) The generals.
4. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
(a) The armies just left the gate of Thebes.
(b) The armies are outside the gates of Thebes.
(c) The armies are on their way to the gates of Thebes.
(d) The armies have turned away from the gates of Thebes.
5. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their brother.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eteocles consider a "loyal and true son of Thebes?"
2. Who is nicknamed "Killer of many?"
3. What is on Kapaneus' shield?
4. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
5. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)