|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened at the 7th gate?
(a) The curse of Laius continues in Antigone.
(b) The curse of Laius has come to its conclusion.
(c) The curse of Laius has spread.
(d) The curse of Laius has destroyed the gates.
2. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
(a) The man.
(b) The children.
(c) The woman.
3. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their sister.
(d) Their brother.
4. How does Eteocles try to calm the Chorus in Part 2?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) He gives them a formal prayer to offer the gods.
(c) He tells them to get out of Thebes.
(d) He tells them all is well.
5. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
Short Answer Questions
1. In classical times, and in classical writing, a city's ruler was often a symbol of ___________.
2. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
3. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
4. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
5. Who promises to "bring this man [Polyneices] to his harbor, and he shall enjoy his father's city?"
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)