|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a fear of the women of Thebes?
2. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
(a) A pilgrimage.
(b) An offering.
(c) A eulogy.
(d) A religious festival.
3. Who is Jacasta in relation to Eteocles and Polyneices?
(a) Their aunt.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their grandmother.
(d) Their sister.
4. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(b) The gods.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Their ancestors.
5. Why is Tydeus forbidden to cross the river?
(a) He doesn't have a ship.
(b) He can't swim.
(c) It's against his religion.
(d) The omens aren't good.
Short Answer Questions
1. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
2. The imagery of "swamping waves" represent ___________.
3. Who is the third general described as leading a cavalry of horses, which makes an arrogant, inhuman noise?
4. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
5. Antigone does all of the following after hearing about Polyneices body except:
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)