|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represents the way that Eteocles has followed his own will which he honors more than he honors the will of the gods?
2. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She becomes ruler of Thebes.
(c) She blinds herself.
(d) She is murdered.
3. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
(a) The Joker.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The Messenger.
(d) The Scout.
4. Eteocles vows not to be afraid of Tydeus and does all of the following except:
(a) Charges Tydeus with blindness .
(b) Charges Tydeus with deafness.
(c) Ridicules the prophet.
(d) Charges Tydeus with bad judgement.
5. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
(a) A blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
2. Who vows to either kill Eteocles or drive him into exile?
3. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
4. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
5. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)