|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who exclaims, "Their breasts exposed to the conqueror's view?"
(c) King of Argos.
(d) The Chorus.
2. Antigone does all of the following after hearing about Polyneices body except:
(a) Buries Polyneices properly.
(b) Takes Polyneices' body away.
(c) Hold Polyneices' body hostage.
(d) Prepares to go against the will of the leaders of Thebes.
3. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
4. Who says, "The sins of the father [are] visited upon the son?"
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Spinx.
(d) The Fury.
5. Who is the fourth general the Scout describes as constantly shouting out his war cry and acting almost insane with blood lust?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
2. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
3. Who speaks a lament over the bodies of Eteocles and Polyneices?
4. Who represents the way that Eteocles has followed his own will which he honors more than he honors the will of the gods?
5. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)