|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
2. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
3. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
(b) The women.
(c) His army.
(d) King of Argos.
4. In the conclusion of the play, "with one final piece of 'ship' " is considered what literary term?
5. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
(a) A ship.
(b) The throne.
(c) The waves.
(d) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on Parthenopaios' shield?
2. Who does Eteocles send to face Tydeus?
3. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
4. Who takes Antigone's decision to the city council?
5. The Chorus refers to the attacks against the city of Thebes as _______.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)