|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
2. What does Eteocles compare his position to?
(a) A Master.
(b) A ring leader.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A Captain of a ship.
3. What does Antigone believe is more important than respect for the city?
(a) Respect for society.
(b) Respect for elders.
(c) Respect for family.
(d) Respect for ones self.
4. Wordless cries blend with poetic language telling the story of how Eteocles and Polyneices finally struck down ___________.
(a) The Fury.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The city.
(d) Each other.
5. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on Kapaneus' shield?
2. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
3. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
4. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
5. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)