|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
2. Because of Eteocles' suggestion of what the Chorus should pray about, they begin to pray about what?
(a) That they will die before the walls are penetrated.
(b) That the war will end before the walls are penetrated.
(c) That the war will be faught away from the walls.
(d) That they will escape before the walls are penetrated.
3. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
(a) They hide their children.
(b) They go tell Eteocles.
(c) They run away.
(d) They panic.
4. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
5. What does Eteocles accuse the Chorus of being?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the Chorus members sides with and supports Antigone?
2. Who takes Antigone's decision to the city council?
3. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
4. Who is described as a captain who deserves praise for never letting his "ship" sink or crash on the rocks?
5. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)