|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
(a) The armies just left the gate of Thebes.
(b) The armies have turned away from the gates of Thebes.
(c) The armies are on their way to the gates of Thebes.
(d) The armies are outside the gates of Thebes.
2. Whose influence is now fading because of the deaths of Eteocles and Polyneices?
(a) The Spinx.
(d) The Fury.
3. Who is described as a captain who deserves praise for never letting his "ship" sink or crash on the rocks?
(a) The generals.
4. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
(a) King of Thebes.
(b) The Chorus.
(d) King of Argos.
5. Being buried without ceremony was the ultimate punishment that ___________ could offer?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The King.
(c) The gods.
(d) The society.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
2. At the beginning of part 4 the Scout tells the Chorus that things have gone well at how many gates?
3. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
4. Who is the god of war and strife?
5. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)