|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young general with an almost feminine beauty but a vicious temper?
2. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She blinds herself.
(c) She becomes ruler of Thebes.
(d) She commits suicide.
3. How is Aktor related to Hyperbios?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are brothers-in-law.
(d) They are cousins.
4. What is another name for the Scout?
5. In the conclusion of the play, "with one final piece of 'ship' " is considered what literary term?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jacasta in relation to Eteocles and Polyneices?
2. At the beginning of part 4 the Scout tells the Chorus that things have gone well at how many gates?
3. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
4. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
5. Why is Tydeus forbidden to cross the river?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)