|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
2. Eteocles vows not to be afraid of Tydeus and does all of the following except:
(a) Charges Tydeus with blindness .
(b) Charges Tydeus with bad judgement.
(c) Charges Tydeus with deafness.
(d) Ridicules the prophet.
3. How are Antigone and Ismene related to Eteocles and Polyneices?
(a) They are their daughters.
(b) They are their aunts.
(c) They are their wives.
(d) They are their sisters.
4. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
(a) A religious festival.
(b) An offering.
(c) A pilgrimage.
(d) A eulogy.
5. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
2. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
3. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
4. Who is the fourth general the Scout describes as constantly shouting out his war cry and acting almost insane with blood lust?
5. Who represents the way that Eteocles has followed his own will which he honors more than he honors the will of the gods?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)