|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on Parthenopaios' shield?
(a) The Typhon.
(b) The Fury.
(c) The Spinx.
(d) The Oracle.
2. Due to Eteocles and Polyneices' rivalry, what has happened to the city?
(a) It has a new king.
(b) It has come together.
(c) It's been torn apart.
(d) It's been rebuilt.
3. What is the name of Laius' son?
(d) Antigone .
4. Men see the act of combat as _________.
5. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Kill each other.
(b) Growing old together.
(c) Praising each other.
(d) Losing contact with each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women see the act of combat as something that causes ___________.
2. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
3. At the beginning of part 4 the Scout tells the Chorus that things have gone well at how many gates?
4. Who says, "When they are brave, they are insolent and intolerable, and when they are frightened, they are rash and dangerous?"
5. What is the name of the prophet that has foreseen the armies of Argos attacking Thebes soon?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)