|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
2. How is Aktor related to Hyperbios?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are brothers-in-law.
3. How are Antigone and Ismene related to Eteocles and Polyneices?
(a) They are their wives.
(b) They are their aunts.
(c) They are their daughters.
(d) They are their sisters.
4. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
5. What is the setting of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
2. Who is nicknamed "Killer of many?"
3. Who tells the Chorus of Women in Part 4 that they have no reason to be afraid?
4. Who says, "The grief of kindred is the bond and link of mankind, common to all, unchanging?"
5. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)