|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on Parthenopaios' shield?
(a) The Fury.
(b) The Oracle.
(c) The Typhon.
(d) The Spinx.
2. How does Eteocles try to calm the Chorus in Part 2?
(a) He gives them a formal prayer to offer the gods.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) He tells them to get out of Thebes.
(d) He tells them all is well.
3. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
(a) Equal beings.
(b) Equal culprits.
(c) Equal criminals.
(d) Equal victims.
4. How many generals does Eteocle plan to appoint to face their enemies?
5. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
(a) They run away.
(b) They hide their children.
(c) They go tell Eteocles.
(d) They panic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the third general described as leading a cavalry of horses, which makes an arrogant, inhuman noise?
2. Who represents Eteocles' stubbornness while his shield represents Eteocles' passions?
3. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
4. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
5. The Chorus refers to the attacks against the city of Thebes as _______.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)