|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
2. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
3. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
4. What is the setting of the play?
5. What does Eteocles suggest the Chorus pray about?
(a) That the children remain safe.
(b) That the war will end soon.
(c) That the walls remain standing.
(d) That his army will grow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represents Eteocles' own blindness and bad judgment?
2. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
3. What term does Eteocles and the Chorus use to describe the city of Thebes?
4. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
5. What is a dirge?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)