|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The imagery of "swamping waves" represent ___________.
(b) The men who attacked the city.
(c) The Fury.
2. Who is "this one man most of all defended the city kept the ship steady?"
3. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
4. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
(c) Raise children.
(d) Provide for their family.
5. What is a lament?
(a) A poem about relationships.
(b) A poem about life.
(c) A poem about grief.
(d) A poem about joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Traditionally, males are more concerned with _______.
2. Who calls the battle between Eteocles and Polyneices an occasion for "both rejoicing and weeping?"
3. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
4. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
5. What happened at the 7th gate?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)