Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
(a) He is not married.
(b) He is not originally from Thebes.
(c) He is not old enough to be king.
(d) He broke his agreement with his brother.
2. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
(a) Have world domination.
(b) Anger his brother.
(c) Possess and control the city.
(d) Disown his brother.
3. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
4. Who is "this one man most of all defended the city kept the ship steady?"
5. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
2. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
3. Who is the god of war and strife?
4. Who is Tydeus?
5. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)