Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
2. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
3. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
4. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
5. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-woman, half-lion.
(b) Half-woman, half-goat.
(c) Half-man, half-horse.
(d) Half-man, half-lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
2. Who is Jocasta?
3. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
4. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
5. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)