|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
2. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
3. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
(a) King of Thebes.
(b) King of Argos.
(d) The Chorus.
4. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
(a) The Scout.
5. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
(c) A blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. The principle contrast in Part 2 is between what two objects?
2. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
3. Who does Eteocles promise to put in prison if they do not obey him and bravely face the danger of war?
4. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
5. Who says, "When they are brave, they are insolent and intolerable, and when they are frightened, they are rash and dangerous?"
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)