|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
2. To try to escape the will of the gods is considered ___________.
3. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
4. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
(c) A blacksmith.
5. How does Eteocles try to calm the Chorus in Part 2?
(a) He gives them a formal prayer to offer the gods.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) He tells them all is well.
(d) He tells them to get out of Thebes.
Short Answer Questions
1. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
2. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
3. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
4. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
5. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)