|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
2. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Their father.
(c) Their brother.
(d) Their sister.
3. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
4. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
5. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
(a) She becomes ruler of Thebes.
(b) She blinds herself.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She is murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
2. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
3. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
4. The principle contrast in Part 2 is between what two objects?
5. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)