|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
(a) King of Argos.
(b) The women.
(d) His army.
2. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
3. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
(c) The Scout.
4. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
(a) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(c) The Spinx.
(d) King of Argos.
5. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
(a) The Farmers.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The Messenger.
(d) The Singers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
2. Why does the Chorus say that they come to the square to pray?
3. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
4. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
5. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)