|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
2. The principle contrast in Part 2 is between what two objects?
3. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
(a) Council Chambers.
(b) The meadow.
(d) The caves.
4. Who does Eteocles promise to put in prison if they do not obey him and bravely face the danger of war?
(c) Any citizen.
5. How does Eteocles try to calm the Chorus in Part 2?
(a) He tells them all is well.
(b) He tells them to get out of Thebes.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) He gives them a formal prayer to offer the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Spinx?
2. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
3. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
4. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
5. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)