|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Private life.
(b) Religious life.
(c) Social life.
(d) Cultural life.
2. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
3. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
4. What does Eteocles suggest the Chorus pray about?
(a) That the war will end soon.
(b) That the children remain safe.
(c) That the walls remain standing.
(d) That his army will grow.
5. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
2. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
3. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
4. What does Eteocles accuse the Chorus of being?
5. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)