|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Men see the act of combat as _________.
2. According to the Chorus, what are the Gods a source of?
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Losing contact with each other.
(b) Kill each other.
(c) Growing old together.
(d) Praising each other.
4. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
(a) Ismene and Antigone.
(b) The Oracle and The Spinx.
(c) Laius and Oedipus.
(d) Polyneices and Eteocles.
5. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(b) the Oracle of Apollo.
(c) the King of Argos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
2. Who exclaims, "Their breasts exposed to the conqueror's view?"
3. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
4. Which of the following is not a fear of the women of Thebes?
5. The theme of the play is based on what two stories?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)