|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
(a) An offering.
(b) A religious festival.
(c) A eulogy.
(d) A pilgrimage.
2. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Private life.
(b) Religious life.
(c) Social life.
(d) Cultural life.
3. How does Eteocles try to calm the Chorus in Part 2?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) He tells them all is well.
(c) He gives them a formal prayer to offer the gods.
(d) He tells them to get out of Thebes.
4. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
5. Eteocles' story and actions echo the story and actions of which other story?
(d) King of Argos.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
2. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
3. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
4. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
5. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)