|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
2. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
3. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
4. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Private life.
(b) Religious life.
(c) Social life.
(d) Cultural life.
5. What is another name for the Scout?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
2. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
3. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
4. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
5. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)