|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
2. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
(c) Provide for their family.
(d) Raise children.
3. Eteocles explains that praying is not the problem of the Chorus, but the way they are praying since they are praying for what?
(a) The safety of themselves.
(b) The safety of their husbands.
(c) The safety of the children.
(d) The safety of Eteocles.
4. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Cultural life.
(b) Social life.
(c) Religious life.
(d) Private life.
5. Who exclaims, "Their breasts exposed to the conqueror's view?"
(b) The Chorus.
(d) King of Argos.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
2. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
3. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
4. What is the name of Laius' son?
5. According to the Chorus, what are the Gods a source of?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)