|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(a) the King of Argos.
(d) the Oracle of Apollo.
2. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Losing contact with each other.
(b) Growing old together.
(c) Kill each other.
(d) Praising each other.
3. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
(a) The Earth.
(b) The Land.
(c) The Ocean.
(d) The Sky.
4. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
5. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
2. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
3. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
4. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
5. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)