|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
2. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
(a) Their brother.
(b) Their father.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their sister.
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
4. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
(a) The Scout.
(b) The Joker.
(c) The Messenger.
(d) The Chorus.
5. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
2. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
3. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
4. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
5. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)