|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
2. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
(a) Disown his brother.
(b) Possess and control the city.
(c) Anger his brother.
(d) Have world domination.
3. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
4. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
5. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
(a) Clouds and Birds.
(b) Ships and the Sea.
(c) Jungle and Tigers.
(d) Sand and Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Men see the act of combat as _________.
2. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
3. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
4. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
5. Why does the Chorus say that they come to the square to pray?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)