|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for the Scout?
2. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
3. Who is Jocasta?
(a) Oedipus' wife.
(b) Polyneices' wife.
(c) Oedipus' sister.
(d) Laius' daughter.
4. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
(a) King of Thebes.
(b) King of Argos.
(c) The Chorus.
5. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
(d) The Ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
2. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
3. Who says, "When they are brave, they are insolent and intolerable, and when they are frightened, they are rash and dangerous?"
4. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
5. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)