|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
(a) Equal culprits.
(b) Equal criminals.
(c) Equal victims.
(d) Equal beings.
2. Men see the act of combat as _________.
3. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
(a) The Scout.
4. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
5. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
(a) He is not old enough to be king.
(b) He broke his agreement with his brother.
(c) He is not originally from Thebes.
(d) He is not married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
2. The Chorus formally pray to Zeus and the other gods, asking them _____________.
3. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
4. Who exclaims, "Their breasts exposed to the conqueror's view?"
5. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)