|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
2. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Private life.
(b) Religious life.
(c) Social life.
(d) Cultural life.
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
4. How does Eteocles try to calm the Chorus in Part 2?
(a) He tells them all is well.
(b) He tells them to get out of Thebes.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) He gives them a formal prayer to offer the gods.
5. What is the name of Laius' son?
(c) Antigone .
Short Answer Questions
1. Women see the act of combat as something that causes ___________.
2. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
3. What term does Eteocles and the Chorus use to describe the city of Thebes?
4. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
5. What is the setting of the play?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)