|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(a) The gods.
(b) Their ancestors.
(c) Their parents.
2. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
(a) Ships and the Sea.
(b) Sand and Mountains.
(c) Jungle and Tigers.
(d) Clouds and Birds.
3. What is the name of the prophet that has foreseen the armies of Argos attacking Thebes soon?
(a) The Fury.
(c) The Oracle.
4. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
(a) The Spinx.
(c) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(d) King of Argos.
5. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Laius' son?
2. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
3. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
4. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
5. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)