|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
(b) The Spinx.
(c) The Oracle.
2. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
3. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
(a) He is not originally from Thebes.
(b) He broke his agreement with his brother.
(c) He is not married.
(d) He is not old enough to be king.
4. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
(a) The meadow.
(c) Council Chambers.
(d) The caves.
5. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
2. According to the Chorus, what are the Gods a source of?
3. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
4. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
5. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)