|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
2. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
(a) They panic.
(b) They go tell Eteocles.
(c) They hide their children.
(d) They run away.
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Praising each other.
(b) Growing old together.
(c) Kill each other.
(d) Losing contact with each other.
4. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
5. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
(a) Gone badly.
(b) Hasn't started.
(c) Gone well.
(d) Is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
2. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
3. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
4. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
5. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)