|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
2. What is another name for the Scout?
3. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
(a) King of Argos.
(c) The women.
(d) His army.
4. To try to escape the will of the gods is considered ___________.
5. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
(a) King of Thebes.
(b) King of Argos.
(c) The Spinx.
(d) The Oracle of Apollo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "The sins of the father [are] visited upon the son?"
2. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
3. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
4. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
5. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)