|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
2. To try to escape the will of the gods is considered ___________.
3. The Chorus formally pray to Zeus and the other gods, asking them _____________.
(a) Who is going to be the new king.
(b) Where they should go if the city is destroyed.
(c) Who is going to win the battle.
(d) How should the army fight.
4. Which of the following is not a fear of the women of Thebes?
5. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
(a) They panic.
(b) They go tell Eteocles.
(c) They hide their children.
(d) They run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
2. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
3. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
4. Eteocles explains that praying is not the problem of the Chorus, but the way they are praying since they are praying for what?
5. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)