Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Their brother.
(c) Their sister.
(d) Their father.
2. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
3. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
4. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
(a) Possess and control the city.
(b) Disown his brother.
(c) Anger his brother.
(d) Have world domination.
5. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
(a) Provide for their family.
(c) Raise children.
Short Answer Questions
1. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
2. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
3. The principle contrast in Part 2 is between what two objects?
4. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
5. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)