|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of Eteocles' suggestion of what the Chorus should pray about, they begin to pray about what?
(a) That the war will be faught away from the walls.
(b) That they will escape before the walls are penetrated.
(c) That the war will end before the walls are penetrated.
(d) That they will die before the walls are penetrated.
2. Traditionally, women are more concerned with _________.
(a) Their appearance.
(b) Their social standing.
(c) Raising the children.
(d) What happens after the battle.
3. What is the setting of the play?
4. Who promises to "bring this man [Polyneices] to his harbor, and he shall enjoy his father's city?"
5. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
2. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
3. What is on Parthenopaios' shield?
4. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
5. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)