|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The whole plan that Lawrence had for his men to attack railroad bridges and then return to Palestine relied on whom to approve it?
2. When Lawrence and his party leave Wadi Jesha and hope to reach Safra el Jesha, they cross valleys that have what?
3. The taking of Akaba marks the end of what war?
4. In order for Lawrence and Dawnay to cut the railways and have enough men, how many camels are they taking?
5. What is the name of the base engineer who goes with Lawrence and Ali to mine bridges?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the reward for Lawrence, by the Turks, so much higher than that for other British officers?
2. What did Allenby do, without telling Feisal, that creates a disagreement between Feisal and his father?
3. Why does Lawrence need the help of the Serhan tribes in the Yarmuk River Valley plan?
4. What is the state of Akaba after it is captured by the Arabs?
5. In November 1917, what is the Turkish belief about the British officers?
6. How is Lawrence able to exist in the desert as the Arabs do?
7. What is occurring when Lawrence returns to Akaba from his vacation before the Dead Sea campaign?
8. Why does being in service to Allenby and Feisal cause problems for Lawrence?
9. When Lawrence and his men see the state of affairs in Akaba, what do they plan to do?
10. Why are the people of Tafileh fearful when the British and Arabs take the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an alliance? What are the characteristics of a good alliance? Using the book to support your answer, is the alliance between the British and the Arabs a good alliance? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of religion in the story and the war? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, what are the roles of the tribe and the family in the story?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)