|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce finds out that Lawrence plans to go to Azrak after cutting the railway lines at Deraa on what day?
2. The attack on Tafileh from the east is being carried out by whom?
3. While in Akaba, Lawrence stays with a doctor named what?
4. After Lawrence gets into a fight in Deraa, he is ordered to Allenby by what method?
5. Lawrence, during the Jordan initiative, will help Allenby in the north to take what city at the end of March?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the differences between the Arab Army and the British Army?
2. In November 1917, what is the Turkish belief about the British officers?
3. Feisal tells the British that if they are not successful in taking Damascus, he will do what?
4. How is Lawrence able to exist in the desert as the Arabs do?
5. When Lawrence and his men see the state of affairs in Akaba, what do they plan to do?
6. What is Joyce's role in the plans of 1918?
7. What are some of the differences among the zones in Syria?
8. What does Lawrence learn about on his vacation to Cairo before the Dead Sea campaign begins?
9. Why does Lawrence need the help of the Serhan tribes in the Yarmuk River Valley plan?
10. Why was the plan developed to attack the bridges in the Yarmuk River Valley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of technology in the war? What types of technology did each side have access to, and how was it used? How could both sides have made better use of the technology available to them? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Railroads and supply lines play a large part in military strategy. Using examples from the book, explain how supply lines and railroads played roles in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Both sides take prisoners and treat them differently. What is the role of prisoners for the British/Arab Army and the Turkish Army? Discuss important prisoners, important incentives to take prisoners, and how prisoners were treated after they became prisoners. Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)