|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On April 18, the Arabs have to pull back from where?
2. The area of Aba el Lissan is subject to air attacks by whom?
3. How do Lawrence and his group get from Suez to Cairo to see Colonel Clayton?
4. What is the name of the base engineer who goes with Lawrence and Ali to mine bridges?
5. Back at the Guweira camp, Lawrence received how much gold from Akaba for expenses in the Dead Sea campaign?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Arabs trying to convince the Turks of regarding the big offensive in the autumn of 1918?
2. What does Lawrence learn about on his vacation to Cairo before the Dead Sea campaign begins?
3. Feisal tells the British that if they are not successful in taking Damascus, he will do what?
4. Why does being in service to Allenby and Feisal cause problems for Lawrence?
5. In November 1917, what is the Turkish belief about the British officers?
6. Why is the reward for Lawrence, by the Turks, so much higher than that for other British officers?
7. What is the difference between Hejaz and Syria?
8. When Lawrence and his men see the state of affairs in Akaba, what do they plan to do?
9. How is Lawrence able to exist in the desert as the Arabs do?
10. Why are the people of Tafileh fearful when the British and Arabs take the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What caused the initial Arab Revolt, and how did the causes of the revolt shape the conflict that came after? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Citing examples from the book, discuss the motivations of one of the three characters below for his actions:
1) Jemal Pasha.
Essay Topic 3
How does Lawrence change from the beginning of the book through the ending of the book? Identify some key times in the book that Lawrence changes and what those changes mean to Lawrence's life and future. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)