|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lawrence and his party leave Wadi Jesha and hope to reach Safra el Jesha, they cross valleys that have what?
2. Lawrence plans to go to Madeba and join Allenby in order to take what road?
3. Mustapha warns Feisal not to fall for England's promises and that England will use the Arab territory to attack what country after the war?
4. What does Homs specialize in manufacturing?
5. While in Akaba, Lawrence stays with a doctor named what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What railroads meet at Deraa?
2. Why was the plan developed to attack the bridges in the Yarmuk River Valley?
3. Why does being in service to Allenby and Feisal cause problems for Lawrence?
4. Why is the reward for Lawrence, by the Turks, so much higher than that for other British officers?
5. Who are the Ismailiya?
6. Feisal tells the British that if they are not successful in taking Damascus, he will do what?
7. Why does Lawrence need the help of the Serhan tribes in the Yarmuk River Valley plan?
8. Why is Feisal asked to hold off his move on Damascus?
9. When Allenby is presented with the plan for the Yarmuk River Valley bridges, what does he say?
10. What is the state of Akaba after it is captured by the Arabs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an alliance? What are the characteristics of a good alliance? Using the book to support your answer, is the alliance between the British and the Arabs a good alliance? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is a leader? Who is a leader in this book and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the roles of disease and injury to the story, and how do disease and injury affect the main players? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)