|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event occurs at the beginning of the day in the Arab camp?
2. There is a secret treaty between England, France, and whom to keep some of the Arab lands after the revolt ends?
3. Why did Abdulla go to Wadi?
4. After Lawrence and the group head out for Akaba, where do they go?
5. What event occurs before dinner in the Arab camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the psychological element of war, according to Lawrence?
2. When Lawrence and the men reach Ageila, what do the people do?
3. Under what conditions was Feisal prepared to move and battle for Wejh?
4. What is Lawrence's definition of an Arab?
5. How does Feisal communicate with his father while Feisal is an officer in the Turkish Army?
6. Why does Lawrence tell Auda that their group should not move on to Damascus?
7. Why does Ali ask Lawrence to wear Arab garb?
8. In the beginning of the book, how do the British feel about the Arab Revolt?
9. What is one of the luxuries that Lawrence takes on his march with Nasir?
10. What happens to the role Feisal has to play after his victory at Wejh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Lawrence change from the beginning of the book through the ending of the book? Identify some key times in the book that Lawrence changes and what those changes mean to Lawrence's life and future. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences in the structure of the British Army and the Arab Army, and how do these differences cause, and solve, problems between the two units? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of technology in the war? What types of technology did each side have access to, and how was it used? How could both sides have made better use of the technology available to them? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)