|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lawrence do with the extra two nights at El Kurr?
2. How many days does it take the Turks to restore service on the railroad line after the successful attack?
3. Who are Abdulla and Lawrence working with to plan the attack on the Hejaz railroad?
4. Who is the author of the book?
5. At what seaport do the passengers of the liner meet Abdulla?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the code with which the Turks fight and the code with which the Arabs fight?
2. What does "Sherif" mean?
3. Who is Jafar Pasha?
4. How does Sheikh Fahad el Hansha try to treat Lawrence?
5. How does the Beduin see God?
6. Why does Ali ask Lawrence to wear Arab garb?
7. Who are Hornby and Newcombe?
8. What is one of the luxuries that Lawrence takes on his march with Nasir?
9. What does Feisal do, on a normal day, after breakfast?
10. What is the psychological element of war, according to Lawrence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many places in the book where geography is described. Using examples from the book, describe what role does the geography of the land play in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Railroads and supply lines play a large part in military strategy. Using examples from the book, explain how supply lines and railroads played roles in the story.
Essay Topic 3
What is a leader? Who is a leader in this book and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)