|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the railroad that supplies the Turks at Medina?
2. Abdulla gained the respect of the Arabs by having the revolt be successful in what city?
3. The troops traveling with Feisal from Yenbo to the next attack have been with him for _____ months or longer.
4. What is the name of the liner on which Lawrence and others meet with the Turkish officers on their way to see the emir of Mecca?
5. Who is the chief of intelligence in Egypt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the psychological element of war, according to Lawrence?
2. Under what conditions was Feisal prepared to move and battle for Wejh?
3. How does the Beduin see God?
4. What does Feisal do, on a normal day, after breakfast?
5. How does Feisal communicate with his father while Feisal is an officer in the Turkish Army?
6. What does Sherif Abdulla tell the British representatives about the state of Turkish law over the Arabs?
7. How does Lawrence describe Colonel Bremond?
8. Why does Lawrence tell Auda that their group should not move on to Damascus?
9. What is one of the luxuries that Lawrence takes on his march with Nasir?
10. Why are Lawrence and the others making the march under the leadership of Auda, mainly traveling at night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Citing examples from the book, discuss the motivations of one of the three characters below for his actions:
1) Jemal Pasha.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of technology in the war? What types of technology did each side have access to, and how was it used? How could both sides have made better use of the technology available to them? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of gold in the story? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)