|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author's first assignment, after entering the British Army, is to what expeditionary force?
2. Who told Lawrence that the German staff in Constantinople ordered the troops to abandon Medina?
3. Feisal, after the victory in Wejh, was also referred to as what type of court for western Arabia?
4. How many British ships will be at Wejh with guns to help the Arabs?
5. One of the elements of attack on the railroad is to place what on it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sherif Abdulla's father say about the Turks entering Mecca?
2. What is the psychological element of war, according to Lawrence?
3. Under what conditions was Feisal prepared to move and battle for Wejh?
4. What does "Sherif" mean?
5. Who is Jafar Pasha?
6. What is the story of the book?
7. What is Lawrence's first impression of Sherif Abdulla?
8. How does Lawrence describe Colonel Bremond?
9. What is Lawrence's background in military theory?
10. What was Auda explaining to Nuri when they met?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of gold in the story? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Railroads and supply lines play a large part in military strategy. Using examples from the book, explain how supply lines and railroads played roles in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Lawrence eventually describes himself as being one with the Arab world. How does Lawrence become "Arab," and what does this mean for his role in the war? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)