|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the elements of attack on the railroad is to place what on it?
2. Who is Feisal's agent in Yenbo?
3. After Lawrence leaves Feisal, where does he go on a holiday?
4. Abdulla gained the respect of the Arabs by having the revolt be successful in what city?
5. Feisal is an officer in the Turkish army and is forced to live, while in Syria, at the headquarters of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lawrence describe Colonel Bremond?
2. Why does Lawrence kill one of his men when they are attacked by a band of eight Turks?
3. How is Lawrence able to exist in the desert as the Arabs do?
4. What is Lawrence's background in military theory?
5. Why does Lawrence tell Auda that their group should not move on to Damascus?
6. How does Feisal communicate with his father while Feisal is an officer in the Turkish Army?
7. Why is Feisal asked to hold off his move on Damascus?
8. How do Feisal, Lawrence, and others decide that Yenbo can be made safe on the desert side?
9. What is the psychological element of war, according to Lawrence?
10. In November 1917, what is the Turkish belief about the British officers?
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of gold in the story? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of religion in the story and the war? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What caused the initial Arab Revolt, and how did the causes of the revolt shape the conflict that came after? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)