|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Feisal is an officer in the Turkish army and is forced to live, while in Syria, at the headquarters of whom?
2. What city will Adbulla's father, the emir, not allow the Turks to enter until he is dead?
3. What was the Turkish Civil Code replaced with in many towns?
4. Feisal decides to send Lawrence to his younger brother who just suffered defeat and had to retreat. What is the name of the younger brother?
5. Instead of wearing khaki, Faisel requests that Lawrence wear what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lawrence need the help of the Serhan tribes in the Yarmuk River Valley plan?
2. What is Lawrence's background in military theory?
3. How is Lawrence able to exist in the desert as the Arabs do?
4. Who are the Ismailiya?
5. Why are the people of Tafileh fearful when the British and Arabs take the city?
6. What does Lawrence learn about on his vacation to Cairo before the Dead Sea campaign begins?
7. Why was the plan developed to attack the bridges in the Yarmuk River Valley?
8. Under what conditions was Feisal prepared to move and battle for Wejh?
9. Why does Ali ask Lawrence to wear Arab garb?
10. How do Feisal, Lawrence, and others decide that Yenbo can be made safe on the desert side?
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of religion in the story and the war? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book to support your answer, what role do clothing and uniforms play in the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is a leader? Who is a leader in this book and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)