|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Beduin find God?
2. While Lawrence is in Port Sudan, he meets Davenport and Joyce who are leaving for where?
3. On the march to Wejh, Feisal is dressed in what?
4. How long does it take for Bremond to order the Suez batteries to assist the Arabs?
5. While in Ageila, Lawrence becomes ill from what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what conditions was Feisal prepared to move and battle for Wejh?
2. In the beginning of the book, how do the British feel about the Arab Revolt?
3. What is the story of the book?
4. Why are Lawrence and the others making the march under the leadership of Auda, mainly traveling at night?
5. How does Feisal communicate with his father while Feisal is an officer in the Turkish Army?
6. What is the difference between the code with which the Turks fight and the code with which the Arabs fight?
7. How does Lawrence describe Colonel Bremond?
8. How does the Beduin see God?
9. What does Sherif Abdulla's father say about the Turks entering Mecca?
10. Who are Hornby and Newcombe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer, what role do clothing and uniforms play in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Rumors play a large part in communication in the book. Discuss how rumors originate and what they discuss. What role do rumors play for the British/Arab Army? Are misinformation and deception rumors? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
When the Arabs finish with the Hejaz War, they move on to Syria. Using examples from the book, what are some of the differences between the Arab desert and Syria? How do those differences necessitate a change in tactics and planning by the British and Arabs?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)