|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lawrence travels by what method to get from the liner to Feisal?
2. As the Turkish system is being replaced in towns, what type of order is being restored?
3. There is a secret treaty between England, France, and whom to keep some of the Arab lands after the revolt ends?
4. What problem does the Abu Tayi camp have?
5. Lawrence feels that Abdulla's people are not as _________ as Feisal's are.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Feisal, Lawrence, and others decide that Yenbo can be made safe on the desert side?
2. What is the psychological element of war, according to Lawrence?
3. What does "Sherif" mean?
4. What was Auda explaining to Nuri when they met?
5. How does Lawrence describe Colonel Bremond?
6. What does Sherif Abdulla tell the British representatives about the state of Turkish law over the Arabs?
7. Why is Lawrence not happy to be sent back to Arabia and Feisal by Colonel Clayton as an advisor?
8. What does Feisal do, on a normal day, after breakfast?
9. Why are Lawrence and the others making the march under the leadership of Auda, mainly traveling at night?
10. Who are Hornby and Newcombe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Arabs are fighting for their freedom from the Turks. What are some of the things the British Army does to enable the Arabs to fight for themselves? How do these actions prevent the Arabs from feeling conquered by the British and instead lead them to cooperation? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of gold in the story? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is a leader? Who is a leader in this book and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)