|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the march from Wejh to attack the railroad, what do the troops encounter?
2. The author's first assignment, after entering the British Army, is to what expeditionary force?
3. What was the Turkish Civil Code replaced with in many towns?
4. What is the second of the three elements of war in which Lawrence believes?
5. Feisal feels that khaki uniforms symbolize what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of the book, how do the British feel about the Arab Revolt?
2. Why does Lawrence tell Auda that their group should not move on to Damascus?
3. Why does Feisal ask Lawrence to change his British uniform for Arab garb?
4. How does Lawrence describe an Arab?
5. What is the story of the book?
6. What is the algebraic element of war, according to Lawrence?
7. Who is Jafar Pasha?
8. How does Sheikh Fahad el Hansha try to treat Lawrence?
9. Why are Lawrence and the others making the march under the leadership of Auda, mainly traveling at night?
10. Why is Lawrence not happy to be sent back to Arabia and Feisal by Colonel Clayton as an advisor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a leader? Who is a leader in this book and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Both sides take prisoners and treat them differently. What is the role of prisoners for the British/Arab Army and the Turkish Army? Discuss important prisoners, important incentives to take prisoners, and how prisoners were treated after they became prisoners. Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is an alliance? What are the characteristics of a good alliance? Using the book to support your answer, is the alliance between the British and the Arabs a good alliance? Why or why not?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)