|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the secret society consisting of Arab officers in the Turkish army?
2. Who sends Lawrence back to Arabia and Feisal?
3. After getting to Khabr Ajaj, the group tries to travel mostly at night because they are short on what?
4. Feisal decides to send Lawrence to his younger brother who just suffered defeat and had to retreat. What is the name of the younger brother?
5. Abdulla gained the respect of the Arabs by having the revolt be successful in what city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the luxuries that Lawrence takes on his march with Nasir?
2. What is the difference between the code with which the Turks fight and the code with which the Arabs fight?
3. How does Feisal communicate with his father while Feisal is an officer in the Turkish Army?
4. Who are Hornby and Newcombe?
5. Who is Jafar Pasha?
6. How does the Beduin see God?
7. Why does Feisal ask Lawrence to change his British uniform for Arab garb?
8. What is the algebraic element of war, according to Lawrence?
9. Why are Lawrence and the others making the march under the leadership of Auda, mainly traveling at night?
10. What does Feisal do, on a normal day, after breakfast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer, what role do clothing and uniforms play in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Both sides take prisoners and treat them differently. What is the role of prisoners for the British/Arab Army and the Turkish Army? Discuss important prisoners, important incentives to take prisoners, and how prisoners were treated after they became prisoners. Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, what are the roles of the tribe and the family in the story?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)