|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Feisal decides to send Lawrence to his younger brother who just suffered defeat and had to retreat. What is the name of the younger brother?
2. Abdulla gained the respect of the Arabs by having the revolt be successful in what city?
3. Lawrence feels that Abdulla's people are not as _________ as Feisal's are.
4. On what date do Abdulla and Lawrence leave Wadi Ais to go to the front?
5. After Lawrence and the group head out for Akaba, where do they go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Beduin see God?
2. What is the psychological element of war, according to Lawrence?
3. What does Sherif Abdulla tell the British representatives about the state of Turkish law over the Arabs?
4. What is the story of the book?
5. Why does Lawrence tell Auda that their group should not move on to Damascus?
6. When Lawrence and the men reach Ageila, what do the people do?
7. What does Feisal do, on a normal day, after breakfast?
8. Who are Hornby and Newcombe?
9. What does Sherif Abdulla's father say about the Turks entering Mecca?
10. What is Lawrence's definition of an Arab?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences in the structure of the British Army and the Arab Army, and how do these differences cause, and solve, problems between the two units? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of technology in the war? What types of technology did each side have access to, and how was it used? How could both sides have made better use of the technology available to them? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
There are many places in the book where geography is described. Using examples from the book, describe what role does the geography of the land play in the story?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)