|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The move on Akaba begins with how many men?
2. The French think that Feisal moving to what place is a suicide mission and believe that troops should be put ashore at Rabegh instead?
3. What event occurs at the beginning of the day in the Arab camp?
4. If the Arabs capture Akaba, what can they get?
5. Where is the location that Feisal wants to take his troops so that they can help with the blockade and still receive supplies from Yenbo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of the book?
2. What is Lawrence's background in military theory?
3. How does the Beduin see God?
4. Why are Lawrence and the others making the march under the leadership of Auda, mainly traveling at night?
5. How does Lawrence describe an Arab?
6. What is the psychological element of war, according to Lawrence?
7. What is the difference between the code with which the Turks fight and the code with which the Arabs fight?
8. Why does Ali ask Lawrence to wear Arab garb?
9. What is Lawrence's first impression of Sherif Abdulla?
10. How does Lawrence describe Colonel Bremond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Railroads and supply lines play a large part in military strategy. Using examples from the book, explain how supply lines and railroads played roles in the story.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of religion in the story and the war? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences in the structure of the British Army and the Arab Army, and how do these differences cause, and solve, problems between the two units? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)