|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the liner on which Lawrence and others meet with the Turkish officers on their way to see the emir of Mecca?
2. The French think that Feisal moving to what place is a suicide mission and believe that troops should be put ashore at Rabegh instead?
3. Lawrence feels that Abdulla's people are not as _________ as Feisal's are.
4. Who is the chief of the French military mission?
5. Under the leadership of Auda, the group goes through hills and valleys as they head for the summer camp of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lawrence's first impression of Sherif Abdulla?
2. What is one of the luxuries that Lawrence takes on his march with Nasir?
3. What does Sherif Abdulla's father say about the Turks entering Mecca?
4. What is the difference between the code with which the Turks fight and the code with which the Arabs fight?
5. What is the psychological element of war, according to Lawrence?
6. What is the story of the book?
7. How does Sheikh Fahad el Hansha try to treat Lawrence?
8. How do Feisal, Lawrence, and others decide that Yenbo can be made safe on the desert side?
9. What happens to the role Feisal has to play after his victory at Wejh?
10. What does "Sherif" mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Citing examples from the book, discuss the motivations of one of the three characters below for his actions:
1) Jemal Pasha.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book to support your answer, what are the roles of the tribe and the family in the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is a leader? Who is a leader in this book and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)