Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lawrence do with the extra two nights at El Kurr?
2. Abdulla is very interested in the progress of World War I in what location?
3. Lawrence feels that Abdulla's people are not as _________ as Feisal's are.
4. Bremond and Lawrence disagree on a plan to take what city?
5. Who are Abdulla and Lawrence working with to plan the attack on the Hejaz railroad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Feisal ask Lawrence to change his British uniform for Arab garb?
2. What is the story of the book?
3. How does Lawrence describe Colonel Bremond?
4. What was Auda explaining to Nuri when they met?
5. How do Feisal, Lawrence, and others decide that Yenbo can be made safe on the desert side?
6. Why are Lawrence and the others making the march under the leadership of Auda, mainly traveling at night?
7. What are some of the plans made for the year of 1918?
8. In the beginning of the book, how do the British feel about the Arab Revolt?
9. Why does Lawrence's group have to keep the railroad lines outside of Amman cut for a week?
10. What does Sherif Abdulla tell the British representatives about the state of Turkish law over the Arabs?
Citing examples from the book, discuss the motivations of one of the three characters below for his actions:
1) Jemal Pasha.
What caused the initial Arab Revolt, and how did the causes of the revolt shape the conflict that came after? Support your answer with examples from the book.
How does Lawrence change from the beginning of the book through the ending of the book? Identify some key times in the book that Lawrence changes and what those changes mean to Lawrence's life and future. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)