|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Bremond to order the Suez batteries to assist the Arabs?
2. What is the name of the captain whom Lawrence does not impress because Lawrence is wearing an Arab headdress?
3. Feisal feels that khaki uniforms symbolize what?
4. The French think that Feisal moving to what place is a suicide mission and believe that troops should be put ashore at Rabegh instead?
5. What does Lawrence do with the extra two nights at El Kurr?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Feisal, Lawrence, and others decide that Yenbo can be made safe on the desert side?
2. What did Allenby do, without telling Feisal, that creates a disagreement between Feisal and his father?
3. When Lawrence and the men reach Ageila, what do the people do?
4. Why does Feisal ask Lawrence to change his British uniform for Arab garb?
5. In November 1917, what is the Turkish belief about the British officers?
6. How does Sheikh Fahad el Hansha try to treat Lawrence?
7. What was Auda explaining to Nuri when they met?
8. Feisal tells the British that if they are not successful in taking Damascus, he will do what?
9. What is one of the differences between the Arab Army and the British Army?
10. Why is Feisal asked to hold off his move on Damascus?
Essay Topic 1
What makes a good military officer? Is Lawrence a good military officer? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Lawrence change from the beginning of the book through the ending of the book? Identify some key times in the book that Lawrence changes and what those changes mean to Lawrence's life and future. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Both sides take prisoners and treat them differently. What is the role of prisoners for the British/Arab Army and the Turkish Army? Discuss important prisoners, important incentives to take prisoners, and how prisoners were treated after they became prisoners. Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)