|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Feisal decides to send Lawrence to his younger brother who just suffered defeat and had to retreat. What is the name of the younger brother?
2. The move on Akaba begins with how many men?
3. While Lawrence is gone on vacation, he arranges to have himself transferred from his current command to what bureau?
4. Who is Feisal's agent in Yenbo?
5. What is the name of the location where Feisal and Lawrence meet for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the differences among the zones in Syria?
2. Why are Lawrence and the others making the march under the leadership of Auda, mainly traveling at night?
3. Feisal tells the British that if they are not successful in taking Damascus, he will do what?
4. What does Lawrence learn about on his vacation to Cairo before the Dead Sea campaign begins?
5. Why does Lawrence tell Auda that their group should not move on to Damascus?
6. How does Lawrence describe Colonel Bremond?
7. Why was the plan developed to attack the bridges in the Yarmuk River Valley?
8. Why does Ali ask Lawrence to wear Arab garb?
9. What is Lawrence's first impression of Sherif Abdulla?
10. In the beginning of the book, how do the British feel about the Arab Revolt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer, what are the roles of the tribe and the family in the story?
Essay Topic 2
When the Arabs finish with the Hejaz War, they move on to Syria. Using examples from the book, what are some of the differences between the Arab desert and Syria? How do those differences necessitate a change in tactics and planning by the British and Arabs?
Essay Topic 3
What makes a good military officer? Is Lawrence a good military officer? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)