|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. England is involved in a war with this country when the Arab uprising begins to occur.
2. Who are Abdulla and Lawrence working with to plan the attack on the Hejaz railroad?
3. What is the name of the railroad that supplies the Turks at Medina?
4. The troops traveling with Feisal from Yenbo to the next attack have been with him for _____ months or longer.
5. Bremond and Lawrence disagree on a plan to take what city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the luxuries that Lawrence takes on his march with Nasir?
2. When Allenby is presented with the plan for the Yarmuk River Valley bridges, what does he say?
3. How does Lawrence describe Colonel Bremond?
4. What is the next step after the end of the Hejaz War?
5. What does Lawrence learn about on his vacation to Cairo before the Dead Sea campaign begins?
6. Why is the reward for Lawrence, by the Turks, so much higher than that for other British officers?
7. What did Allenby do, without telling Feisal, that creates a disagreement between Feisal and his father?
8. What success does Lawrence's group have with the Palestine railroad?
9. What is the state of Akaba after it is captured by the Arabs?
10. How do Feisal, Lawrence, and others decide that Yenbo can be made safe on the desert side?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rumors play a large part in communication in the book. Discuss how rumors originate and what they discuss. What role do rumors play for the British/Arab Army? Are misinformation and deception rumors? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
There are many places in the book where geography is described. Using examples from the book, describe what role does the geography of the land play in the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of gold in the story? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)