|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the group leaves Sharraf's camp, they meet some British riders. One of them is named what?
2. Who told Lawrence that the German staff in Constantinople ordered the troops to abandon Medina?
3. As the Turkish system is being replaced in towns, what type of order is being restored?
4. Lawrence travels by what method to get from the liner to Feisal?
5. What is the name of the captive taken to Constantinople who provides a modern education for his sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lawrence's definition of an Arab?
2. In the beginning of the book, how do the British feel about the Arab Revolt?
3. What is the psychological element of war, according to Lawrence?
4. Why does Ali ask Lawrence to wear Arab garb?
5. How does the Beduin see God?
6. What is the algebraic element of war, according to Lawrence?
7. What does Sherif Abdulla's father say about the Turks entering Mecca?
8. How does Feisal communicate with his father while Feisal is an officer in the Turkish Army?
9. What is Lawrence's background in military theory?
10. What is one of the luxuries that Lawrence takes on his march with Nasir?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an alliance? What are the characteristics of a good alliance? Using the book to support your answer, is the alliance between the British and the Arabs a good alliance? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book to support your answer, what role do clothing and uniforms play in the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lawrence change from the beginning of the book through the ending of the book? Identify some key times in the book that Lawrence changes and what those changes mean to Lawrence's life and future. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)