|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the railroad that supplies the Turks at Medina?
2. Lawrence travels by what method to get from the liner to Feisal?
3. After hearing the band play at Colonel Wilson's residence, where does Lawrence go?
4. Lawrence received orders from Clayton to wait in Wejh for the arrival of the Egyptian patrol ship named what?
5. During the march from Wejh to attack the railroad, what do the troops encounter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jafar Pasha?
2. In the beginning of the book, how do the British feel about the Arab Revolt?
3. What does Sherif Abdulla tell the British representatives about the state of Turkish law over the Arabs?
4. Why are Lawrence and the others making the march under the leadership of Auda, mainly traveling at night?
5. Who are Hornby and Newcombe?
6. How does Lawrence describe an Arab?
7. What is the story of the book?
8. How do Feisal, Lawrence, and others decide that Yenbo can be made safe on the desert side?
9. How does Feisal communicate with his father while Feisal is an officer in the Turkish Army?
10. What was Auda explaining to Nuri when they met?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lawrence eventually describes himself as being one with the Arab world. How does Lawrence become "Arab," and what does this mean for his role in the war? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Railroads and supply lines play a large part in military strategy. Using examples from the book, explain how supply lines and railroads played roles in the story.
Essay Topic 3
When the Arabs finish with the Hejaz War, they move on to Syria. Using examples from the book, what are some of the differences between the Arab desert and Syria? How do those differences necessitate a change in tactics and planning by the British and Arabs?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)