Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Bremond to order the Suez batteries to assist the Arabs?
2. What is the name of the captain whom Lawrence does not impress because Lawrence is wearing an Arab headdress?
3. Feisal feels that khaki uniforms symbolize what?
4. The French think that Feisal moving to what place is a suicide mission and believe that troops should be put ashore at Rabegh instead?
5. What does Lawrence do with the extra two nights at El Kurr?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Feisal, Lawrence, and others decide that Yenbo can be made safe on the desert side?
2. What did Allenby do, without telling Feisal, that creates a disagreement between Feisal and his father?
3. When Lawrence and the men reach Ageila, what do the people do?
4. Why does Feisal ask Lawrence to change his British uniform for Arab garb?
5. In November 1917, what is the Turkish belief about the British officers?
6. How does Sheikh Fahad el Hansha try to treat Lawrence?
7. What was Auda explaining to Nuri when they met?
8. Feisal tells the British that if they are not successful in taking Damascus, he will do what?
9. What is one of the differences between the Arab Army and the British Army?
10. Why is Feisal asked to hold off his move on Damascus?
Using examples from the book to support your answer, what role do clothing and uniforms play in the story?
What are the differences in the structure of the British Army and the Arab Army, and how do these differences cause, and solve, problems between the two units? Support your answer with examples from the book.
The Arabs are fighting for their freedom from the Turks. What are some of the things the British Army does to enable the Arabs to fight for themselves? How do these actions prevent the Arabs from feeling conquered by the British and instead lead them to cooperation? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)