|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date do Abdulla and Lawrence leave Wadi Ais to go to the front?
2. How long does it take for Bremond to order the Suez batteries to assist the Arabs?
3. While Lawrence is in Yenbo, Abdulla is using his troops to blockade what city?
4. Abdulla is very interested in the progress of World War I in what location?
5. Lawrence feels that Abdulla's people are not as _________ as Feisal's are.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Auda explaining to Nuri when they met?
2. Why does Lawrence tell Auda that their group should not move on to Damascus?
3. What is Lawrence's definition of an Arab?
4. What happens to the role Feisal has to play after his victory at Wejh?
5. Why is Lawrence not happy to be sent back to Arabia and Feisal by Colonel Clayton as an advisor?
6. How does Lawrence describe an Arab?
7. What is the story of the book?
8. How does Sheikh Fahad el Hansha try to treat Lawrence?
9. What does Sherif Abdulla tell the British representatives about the state of Turkish law over the Arabs?
10. Who are Hornby and Newcombe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many places in the book where geography is described. Using examples from the book, describe what role does the geography of the land play in the story?
Essay Topic 2
The Arabs are fighting for their freedom from the Turks. What are some of the things the British Army does to enable the Arabs to fight for themselves? How do these actions prevent the Arabs from feeling conquered by the British and instead lead them to cooperation? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Railroads and supply lines play a large part in military strategy. Using examples from the book, explain how supply lines and railroads played roles in the story.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)