|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third of the three elements of war in which Lawrence believes?
2. Lawrence travels by what method to get from the liner to Feisal?
3. After Lawrence and the group head out for Akaba, where do they go?
4. What location is Fesial sent to, by his father, in order to consult and survey the situation before a revolt is declared?
5. What is the second of the three elements of war in which Lawrence believes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Feisal do, on a normal day, after breakfast?
2. What is the difference between the code with which the Turks fight and the code with which the Arabs fight?
3. What happens to the role Feisal has to play after his victory at Wejh?
4. When Lawrence and the men reach Ageila, what do the people do?
5. How does the Beduin see God?
6. Who are Hornby and Newcombe?
7. Why does Feisal ask Lawrence to change his British uniform for Arab garb?
8. Why are Lawrence and the others making the march under the leadership of Auda, mainly traveling at night?
9. How do Feisal, Lawrence, and others decide that Yenbo can be made safe on the desert side?
10. What is the algebraic element of war, according to Lawrence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lawrence eventually describes himself as being one with the Arab world. How does Lawrence become "Arab," and what does this mean for his role in the war? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of gold in the story? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences in the structure of the British Army and the Arab Army, and how do these differences cause, and solve, problems between the two units? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)