|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abdulla is very interested in the progress of World War I in what location?
2. After Lawrence and the group head out for Akaba, where do they go?
3. What is the name of the captive taken to Constantinople who provides a modern education for his sons?
4. As the Turkish system is being replaced in towns, what type of order is being restored?
5. What is Lawrence ill with on the trip from Yenbo to Wadi Ais?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of the book?
2. How does Sheikh Fahad el Hansha try to treat Lawrence?
3. Why does Lawrence tell Auda that their group should not move on to Damascus?
4. What does Sherif Abdulla tell the British representatives about the state of Turkish law over the Arabs?
5. Why does Feisal ask Lawrence to change his British uniform for Arab garb?
6. Why are Lawrence and the others making the march under the leadership of Auda, mainly traveling at night?
7. How does Lawrence describe Colonel Bremond?
8. What is the difference between the code with which the Turks fight and the code with which the Arabs fight?
9. What is Lawrence's definition of an Arab?
10. What was Auda explaining to Nuri when they met?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a leader? Who is a leader in this book and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The Arabs are fighting for their freedom from the Turks. What are some of the things the British Army does to enable the Arabs to fight for themselves? How do these actions prevent the Arabs from feeling conquered by the British and instead lead them to cooperation? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is an alliance? What are the characteristics of a good alliance? Using the book to support your answer, is the alliance between the British and the Arabs a good alliance? Why or why not?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)