|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does the Abu Tayi camp have?
2. The move on Akaba begins with how many men?
3. After Lawrence and the group head out for Akaba, where do they go?
4. How long does it take for Bremond to order the Suez batteries to assist the Arabs?
5. One of the elements of attack on the railroad is to place what on it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what conditions was Feisal prepared to move and battle for Wejh?
2. Who are Hornby and Newcombe?
3. What does Sherif Abdulla's father say about the Turks entering Mecca?
4. How does Feisal communicate with his father while Feisal is an officer in the Turkish Army?
5. What is the algebraic element of war, according to Lawrence?
6. When Lawrence and the men reach Ageila, what do the people do?
7. Why is Lawrence not happy to be sent back to Arabia and Feisal by Colonel Clayton as an advisor?
8. Who is Jafar Pasha?
9. What does "Sherif" mean?
10. Why does Feisal ask Lawrence to change his British uniform for Arab garb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the roles of disease and injury to the story, and how do disease and injury affect the main players? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is a leader? Who is a leader in this book and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of religion in the story and the war? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)