|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the outbreak of World War I, the author was working for a museum at what location?
2. Feisal decides to send Lawrence to his younger brother who just suffered defeat and had to retreat. What is the name of the younger brother?
3. The troops traveling with Feisal from Yenbo to the next attack have been with him for _____ months or longer.
4. As the Turkish system is being replaced in towns, what type of order is being restored?
5. Who functions as the historian for the small group of British in Egypt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lawrence's first impression of Sherif Abdulla?
2. Why does Feisal ask Lawrence to change his British uniform for Arab garb?
3. How does Sheikh Fahad el Hansha try to treat Lawrence?
4. What is Lawrence's background in military theory?
5. Why are Lawrence and the others making the march under the leadership of Auda, mainly traveling at night?
6. What is the story of the book?
7. Who is Jafar Pasha?
8. When Lawrence and the men reach Ageila, what do the people do?
9. What was Auda explaining to Nuri when they met?
10. How does the Beduin see God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer, what are the roles of the tribe and the family in the story?
Essay Topic 2
What makes a good military officer? Is Lawrence a good military officer? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences in the structure of the British Army and the Arab Army, and how do these differences cause, and solve, problems between the two units? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)