|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the troops, on their march, pass through Wadi Gara, they come upon what Beduin tribe?
2. While Lawrence is in Yenbo, Abdulla is using his troops to blockade what city?
3. Abdulla gained the respect of the Arabs by having the revolt be successful in what city?
4. What was the Turkish Civil Code replaced with in many towns?
5. At what seaport do the passengers of the liner meet Abdulla?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Feisal ask Lawrence to change his British uniform for Arab garb?
2. When Lawrence and the men reach Ageila, what do the people do?
3. What is Lawrence's background in military theory?
4. How does Sheikh Fahad el Hansha try to treat Lawrence?
5. Under what conditions was Feisal prepared to move and battle for Wejh?
6. What happens to the role Feisal has to play after his victory at Wejh?
7. What is one of the luxuries that Lawrence takes on his march with Nasir?
8. How does Lawrence describe an Arab?
9. What is the difference between the code with which the Turks fight and the code with which the Arabs fight?
10. What does Feisal do, on a normal day, after breakfast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Lawrence change from the beginning of the book through the ending of the book? Identify some key times in the book that Lawrence changes and what those changes mean to Lawrence's life and future. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What caused the initial Arab Revolt, and how did the causes of the revolt shape the conflict that came after? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
There are many places in the book where geography is described. Using examples from the book, describe what role does the geography of the land play in the story?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)