|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Lawrence that the German staff in Constantinople ordered the troops to abandon Medina?
2. What is the name of the holy book of the Arabs?
3. What are Lawrence and the men carrying with them on the march to Akaba so that they can pay others?
4. Who is the chief of intelligence in Egypt?
5. Who sends Lawrence back to Arabia and Feisal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Lawrence and the others making the march under the leadership of Auda, mainly traveling at night?
2. What does "Sherif" mean?
3. How does the Beduin see God?
4. What does Sherif Abdulla tell the British representatives about the state of Turkish law over the Arabs?
5. What is Lawrence's first impression of Sherif Abdulla?
6. How does Feisal communicate with his father while Feisal is an officer in the Turkish Army?
7. When Lawrence and the men reach Ageila, what do the people do?
8. What is the psychological element of war, according to Lawrence?
9. What is the algebraic element of war, according to Lawrence?
10. What happens to the role Feisal has to play after his victory at Wejh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer, what are the roles of the tribe and the family in the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of gold in the story? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, what role do clothing and uniforms play in the story?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)