|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Lawrence leaves Feisal, where does he go on a holiday?
2. Lawrence escapes from the situation in Egypt between the Turks and Arabs by going on vacation with whom?
3. The move on Akaba begins with how many men?
4. Who functions as the historian for the small group of British in Egypt?
5. At the beginning of the book, the Arab region is part of what empire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Beduin see God?
2. What is Lawrence's background in military theory?
3. What does Sherif Abdulla tell the British representatives about the state of Turkish law over the Arabs?
4. Who are Hornby and Newcombe?
5. Why does Feisal ask Lawrence to change his British uniform for Arab garb?
6. When Lawrence and the men reach Ageila, what do the people do?
7. What happens to the role Feisal has to play after his victory at Wejh?
8. Why is Lawrence not happy to be sent back to Arabia and Feisal by Colonel Clayton as an advisor?
9. How does Lawrence describe Colonel Bremond?
10. What does "Sherif" mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Railroads and supply lines play a large part in military strategy. Using examples from the book, explain how supply lines and railroads played roles in the story.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of gold in the story? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Both sides take prisoners and treat them differently. What is the role of prisoners for the British/Arab Army and the Turkish Army? Discuss important prisoners, important incentives to take prisoners, and how prisoners were treated after they became prisoners. Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)