|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city will Adbulla's father, the emir, not allow the Turks to enter until he is dead?
2. At what time do Lawrence and the rest set out for Akaba?
3. What word means that the person is a descendant of the prophet Mohammed?
4. Who is the chief of intelligence in Egypt?
5. What is the name of the liner on which Lawrence and others meet with the Turkish officers on their way to see the emir of Mecca?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Lawrence and the others making the march under the leadership of Auda, mainly traveling at night?
2. Why does Ali ask Lawrence to wear Arab garb?
3. What are some of the plans made for the year of 1918?
4. What are some of the differences among the zones in Syria?
5. What happens to the role Feisal has to play after his victory at Wejh?
6. What is Lawrence's background in military theory?
7. Who are Hornby and Newcombe?
8. Why is Feisal asked to hold off his move on Damascus?
9. What is Lawrence's definition of an Arab?
10. What does Feisal do, on a normal day, after breakfast?
Essay Topic 1
Citing examples from the book, discuss the motivations of one of the three characters below for his actions:
1) Jemal Pasha.
Essay Topic 2
Railroads and supply lines play a large part in military strategy. Using examples from the book, explain how supply lines and railroads played roles in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Lawrence eventually describes himself as being one with the Arab world. How does Lawrence become "Arab," and what does this mean for his role in the war? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)