|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lawrence and his group leave Auda and travel past the Jefer flats, they are attacked by a raiding party from where?
(a) Sebn Darmut.
(b) Zebn Sukhur.
(c) Zebn Harrual.
(d) Sebn Shakat.
2. On April 18, the Arabs have to pull back from where?
3. How much does Lawrence pay Abdulla per month to be his bodyguard?
(a) Six pounds.
(b) Seven pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Five pounds.
4. Back at the Guweira camp, Lawrence received how much gold from Akaba for expenses in the Dead Sea campaign?
(a) 40,000 pounds.
(b) 50,000 pounds.
(c) 30,000 pounds.
(d) 20,000 pounds.
5. What do the British call the type of bodyguard that Lawrence hires Abdulla to be?
(a) A cutthroat.
(b) An assassin.
(c) A personal guard.
(d) A brazen guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before beginning the move to the Dead Sea with Allenby's group, Lawrence takes a one-week vacation where?
2. After the Jerusalem victory, when Lawrence is with Allenby's group, the plan is to be at Jordan by the end of when?
3. The situation at Medina goes from bad to worse when the Turks demand that everything south of _____ be abandoned.
4. After the taking of Jerusalem, Allenby is basically immobile until mid-February when he would bring the push to what city?
5. When Lawrence's group leaves Sherif Ali's camp after helping cut the telegraph line, how many men are there to blow up bridges?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of Akaba after it is captured by the Arabs?
2. What does Lawrence learn about on his vacation to Cairo before the Dead Sea campaign begins?
3. What is one of the differences between the Arab Army and the British Army?
4. How is Lawrence able to exist in the desert as the Arabs do?
5. Why is Feisal asked to hold off his move on Damascus?
6. What did Allenby do, without telling Feisal, that creates a disagreement between Feisal and his father?
7. When Lawrence and his men see the state of affairs in Akaba, what do they plan to do?
8. What are some of the plans made for the year of 1918?
9. What are the Arabs trying to convince the Turks of regarding the big offensive in the autumn of 1918?
10. What is the difference between Hejaz and Syria?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)