|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While traveling to Cairo to see Colonel Clayton, Lawrence and his group change trains in Ismailia to wait for the express train from where?
(a) Port Yernnam.
(b) Port Jibba.
(c) Port Said.
(d) Port Kalahid.
2. Lawrence and Clayton agree on who to be the supply officer for Akaba?
3. Without ________, Lawrence and his group cannot get to Wadi Khalid.
(a) Abd el Kafared.
(b) Abd el Kader.
(c) Abd el Kalil.
(d) Abd el Kathum.
4. Lawrence plans to go to Madeba and join Allenby in order to take what road?
(a) Beyrout-Mecca road.
(b) Medina-Damascus road.
(c) Jericho-Salt road.
(d) Talifeh-Cairo road.
5. What is the name of the base engineer who goes with Lawrence and Ali to mine bridges?
Short Answer Questions
1. On April 18, the Arabs have to pull back from where?
2. After the taking of Akaba, what is the next step?
3. Back at the Guweira camp, Lawrence received how much gold from Akaba for expenses in the Dead Sea campaign?
4. When Lawrence's group arrives at Sherif Ali's camp, they help them cut the Turkish telegraph line to where?
5. In order to protect Akaba, the men are deployed in four positions that form a semicircle around the highlands of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lawrence learn about on his vacation to Cairo before the Dead Sea campaign begins?
2. Why does Lawrence kill one of his men when they are attacked by a band of eight Turks?
3. How much supplies does Allenby move in a day for Feisal in the Dead Sea campaign?
4. What are some of the plans made for the year of 1918?
5. What is the state of Akaba after it is captured by the Arabs?
6. What are some of the differences among the zones in Syria?
7. Why are the people of Tafileh fearful when the British and Arabs take the city?
8. What is the difference between Hejaz and Syria?
9. When Lawrence and his men see the state of affairs in Akaba, what do they plan to do?
10. Why is the reward for Lawrence, by the Turks, so much higher than that for other British officers?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)