|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allenby gave Jaafar Pasha decorations and what title?
(a) General Officer Commanding the Northern Army.
(b) General Officer Commanding the Arab Force.
(c) General Officer Commanding the Arab Army.
(d) General Officer of the Southern Army.
2. Back at the Guweira camp, Lawrence received how much gold from Akaba for expenses in the Dead Sea campaign?
(a) 20,000 pounds.
(b) 30,000 pounds.
(c) 40,000 pounds.
(d) 50,000 pounds.
3. After the Jerusalem victory, when Lawrence is with Allenby's group, the plan is to be at Jordan by the end of when?
4. Where do Lawrence and Joyce travel to, in armored cars, after Lawrence returns from vacation?
(b) The Mudflats.
(d) The Hills.
5. Mustapha warns Feisal not to fall for England's promises and that England will use the Arab territory to attack what country after the war?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Turkish general staff officer who offers peace terms to Feisal?
2. When Lawrence and his group leave Auda and travel past the Jefer flats, they are attacked by a raiding party from where?
3. The situation at Medina goes from bad to worse when the Turks demand that everything south of _____ be abandoned.
4. During the plan to take Jordan, Jaafar and the Arab regulars occupy the area north of what city?
5. Lawrence and Clayton agree on who to be the supply officer for Akaba?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lawrence and his men see the state of affairs in Akaba, what do they plan to do?
2. What are some of the plans made for the year of 1918?
3. What are the Arabs trying to convince the Turks of regarding the big offensive in the autumn of 1918?
4. What is the next step after the end of the Hejaz War?
5. What is the state of Akaba after it is captured by the Arabs?
6. Why is the reward for Lawrence, by the Turks, so much higher than that for other British officers?
7. Why was the plan developed to attack the bridges in the Yarmuk River Valley?
8. What is occurring when Lawrence returns to Akaba from his vacation before the Dead Sea campaign?
9. Why does being in service to Allenby and Feisal cause problems for Lawrence?
10. What is the difference between Hejaz and Syria?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)