|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order for Lawrence and Dawnay to cut the railways and have enough men, how many camels are they taking?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) Three thousand.
(c) One thousand.
(d) Two thousand.
2. After the taking of Akaba, the Arabs become a part of what army?
(a) Sinai army.
(b) Arab army.
(c) Lawrence's army.
(d) Tribal army.
3. While traveling to Cairo to see Colonel Clayton, Lawrence and his group change trains in Ismailia to wait for the express train from where?
(a) Port Said.
(b) Port Jibba.
(c) Port Kalahid.
(d) Port Yernnam.
4. The situation at Medina goes from bad to worse when the Turks demand that everything south of _____ be abandoned.
(a) The Hills.
5. When Lawrence and Ali set out on their mission, they are not very organized. They lose two men and find them where?
(b) Aba el Lissan.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lawrence and his group are on the mission to mine the railroads, they meet whom outside of Azrak?
2. Allenby gave Jaafar Pasha decorations and what title?
3. Lawrence, Thorne, and others survey the train line, navigating through the dark using a compass and what?
4. When Lawrence and his group finally set up camp to begin mining the bridge, they are how far from the bridge?
5. How much is the reward being offered by the Turks for Lawrence and Ali after their successful railway destruction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the differences between the Arab Army and the British Army?
2. How much supplies does Allenby move in a day for Feisal in the Dead Sea campaign?
3. What is the state of Akaba after it is captured by the Arabs?
4. What is the next step after the end of the Hejaz War?
5. Why does Lawrence kill one of his men when they are attacked by a band of eight Turks?
6. What is occurring when Lawrence returns to Akaba from his vacation before the Dead Sea campaign?
7. Why are the people of Tafileh fearful when the British and Arabs take the city?
8. When Allenby is presented with the plan for the Yarmuk River Valley bridges, what does he say?
9. Who are the Ismailiya?
10. What railroads meet at Deraa?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)