|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dawnay says that the men of the Arab army are like the men of what European army?
2. Tafileh is an important town only if what city falls?
3. The whole plan that Lawrence had for his men to attack railroad bridges and then return to Palestine relied on whom to approve it?
(a) King Sherif.
(b) King Reada.
(c) King Hussein.
(d) King Abdulla.
4. While traveling to Cairo to see Colonel Clayton, Lawrence and his group change trains in Ismailia to wait for the express train from where?
(a) Port Said.
(b) Port Kalahid.
(c) Port Yernnam.
(d) Port Jibba.
5. In November 1917, Allenby was staging a move against what front?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the Turkish reward for British officers, dead or alive?
2. Beyrout has a language that is based on what other language?
3. During the plan to take Jordan, Jaafar and the Arab regulars occupy the area north of what city?
4. While at Bair after leaving Aba el Lissan, Lawrence learns that the Turks have retaken what city?
5. The doctor Lawrence stays with in Akaba carries a rich-looking saddle bag of what type?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the plans made for the year of 1918?
2. Why was the plan developed to attack the bridges in the Yarmuk River Valley?
3. What is one of the differences between the Arab Army and the British Army?
4. Who are the Ismailiya?
5. What is occurring when Lawrence returns to Akaba from his vacation before the Dead Sea campaign?
6. When Allenby is presented with the plan for the Yarmuk River Valley bridges, what does he say?
7. Feisal tells the British that if they are not successful in taking Damascus, he will do what?
8. What are the Arabs trying to convince the Turks of regarding the big offensive in the autumn of 1918?
9. What are some of the differences among the zones in Syria?
10. Why does being in service to Allenby and Feisal cause problems for Lawrence?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)