|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allenby wants the plan to take out the two extreme ends of the railroad bridges in Yarmuk completed by when?
(a) October 5.
(b) December 5.
(c) November 5.
(d) January 5.
2. Fahad and _______ are chiefs of the Zebn.
3. The march that Dawnay, Lawrence, Colonel Buxton, and his men will make from the Suez Canal to Akaba will take how long?
(a) One month.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
4. Where do Lawrence and Joyce travel to, in armored cars, after Lawrence returns from vacation?
(c) The Mudflats.
(d) The Hills.
5. How do Lawrence and his group get from Suez to Cairo to see Colonel Clayton?
(a) By ship.
(b) By truck.
(c) By camel.
(d) By train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lawrence and Clayton agree on who to be the supply officer for Akaba?
2. The doctor Lawrence stays with in Akaba carries a rich-looking saddle bag of what type?
3. How long will Lawrence and Dawnay need to cut the three railways and make their way out of the Aba el Lissan area?
4. Dawnay says that the men of the Arab army are like the men of what European army?
5. After the taking of Akaba, what is the next step?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joyce's role in the plans of 1918?
2. What does Lawrence learn about on his vacation to Cairo before the Dead Sea campaign begins?
3. Why is the reward for Lawrence, by the Turks, so much higher than that for other British officers?
4. What is the state of Akaba after it is captured by the Arabs?
5. What is one of the differences between the Arab Army and the British Army?
6. Why does being in service to Allenby and Feisal cause problems for Lawrence?
7. What railroads meet at Deraa?
8. In November 1917, what is the Turkish belief about the British officers?
9. Who are the Ismailiya?
10. Why is Feisal asked to hold off his move on Damascus?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)