|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Lawrence and his group get from Suez to Cairo to see Colonel Clayton?
(a) By camel.
(b) By train.
(c) By ship.
(d) By truck.
2. What is the name of the base engineer who goes with Lawrence and Ali to mine bridges?
3. Lawrence and his group travel to which location in order to request supplies to relieve the suffering in Akaba?
4. How much does Lawrence pay Abdulla per month to be his bodyguard?
(a) Six pounds.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) Seven pounds.
5. When Lawrence and his party leave Wadi Jesha and hope to reach Safra el Jesha, they cross valleys that have what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to protect Akaba, the men are deployed in four positions that form a semicircle around the highlands of what?
2. How long will Lawrence and Dawnay need to travel from Deraa to Aba el Lissan?
3. The attack on Tafileh from the east is being carried out by whom?
4. After the taking of Akaba, what is the next step?
5. Lawrence, Thorne, and others survey the train line, navigating through the dark using a compass and what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Hejaz and Syria?
2. What are the Arabs trying to convince the Turks of regarding the big offensive in the autumn of 1918?
3. What is the state of Akaba after it is captured by the Arabs?
4. What does Lawrence learn about on his vacation to Cairo before the Dead Sea campaign begins?
5. What did Allenby do, without telling Feisal, that creates a disagreement between Feisal and his father?
6. When Allenby is presented with the plan for the Yarmuk River Valley bridges, what does he say?
7. Why does Lawrence need the help of the Serhan tribes in the Yarmuk River Valley plan?
8. What is the next step after the end of the Hejaz War?
9. Why is Feisal asked to hold off his move on Damascus?
10. How is Lawrence able to exist in the desert as the Arabs do?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)