|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The situation at Medina goes from bad to worse when the Turks demand that everything south of _____ be abandoned.
(d) The Hills.
2. On April 18, the Arabs have to pull back from where?
3. How long will Lawrence and Dawnay need to cut the three railways and make their way out of the Aba el Lissan area?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
4. Allenby's first attack of the Jordan initiative is scheduled for what day in September?
5. The attack on Tafileh from the east is being carried out by whom?
(a) Sherif Zaar.
(b) Sherif Nasir.
(c) Sherif Talar.
(d) Sherif Bazan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is it when Lawrence returns to Akaba after his vacation?
2. Allenby's plans to take Jordan happen during what year?
3. Lawrence leaves Aba el Lissan and travels with what?
4. After Lawrence gets into a fight in Deraa, he is ordered to Allenby by what method?
5. Before beginning the move to the Dead Sea with Allenby's group, Lawrence takes a one-week vacation where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Arabs trying to convince the Turks of regarding the big offensive in the autumn of 1918?
2. What is the state of Akaba after it is captured by the Arabs?
3. In November 1917, what is the Turkish belief about the British officers?
4. Why does Lawrence need the help of the Serhan tribes in the Yarmuk River Valley plan?
5. How much supplies does Allenby move in a day for Feisal in the Dead Sea campaign?
6. What is the next step after the end of the Hejaz War?
7. Feisal tells the British that if they are not successful in taking Damascus, he will do what?
8. Why does Lawrence kill one of his men when they are attacked by a band of eight Turks?
9. What does Lawrence learn about on his vacation to Cairo before the Dead Sea campaign begins?
10. What is occurring when Lawrence returns to Akaba from his vacation before the Dead Sea campaign?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)