|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lawrence and his group travel to which location in order to request supplies to relieve the suffering in Akaba?
2. Joyce finds out that Lawrence plans to go to Azrak after cutting the railway lines at Deraa on what day?
(a) September 16.
(b) September 1.
(c) September 10.
(d) September 6.
3. How much is the Turkish reward for British officers, dead or alive?
(a) Four hundred pounds.
(b) Three hundred pounds.
(c) Two hundred pounds.
(d) One hundred pounds.
4. Beyrout has a language that is based on what other language?
5. After the taking of Akaba, the Arabs become a part of what army?
(a) Arab army.
(b) Tribal army.
(c) Lawrence's army.
(d) Sinai army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Feisal has placed his younger brother, named what, in charge of the Arabs for the Dead Sea campaign?
2. The area of Aba el Lissan is subject to air attacks by whom?
3. Without ________, Lawrence and his group cannot get to Wadi Khalid.
4. In November 1917, Allenby was staging a move against what front?
5. In Book IX, Dawnay and Lawrence talk to Allenby and whom about the plans for the Jordan initiative?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much supplies does Allenby move in a day for Feisal in the Dead Sea campaign?
2. What are the Arabs trying to convince the Turks of regarding the big offensive in the autumn of 1918?
3. What is occurring when Lawrence returns to Akaba from his vacation before the Dead Sea campaign?
4. What does Lawrence learn about on his vacation to Cairo before the Dead Sea campaign begins?
5. What is the difference between Hejaz and Syria?
6. When Allenby is presented with the plan for the Yarmuk River Valley bridges, what does he say?
7. What is one of the differences between the Arab Army and the British Army?
8. What did Allenby do, without telling Feisal, that creates a disagreement between Feisal and his father?
9. What is the next step after the end of the Hejaz War?
10. Why does being in service to Allenby and Feisal cause problems for Lawrence?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)