|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Feisal has placed his younger brother, named what, in charge of the Arabs for the Dead Sea campaign?
2. When Lawrence sees that the Arabs cannot suffer any more defeats or loss of ground in the fight, he and Dawnay depart in a car to do what?
(a) Capture prisoners.
(b) Gather intelligence.
(c) Fight on their own.
(d) Blow up bridges.
3. Beyrout has a language that is based on what other language?
4. How long will Lawrence and Dawnay need to cut the three railways and make their way out of the Aba el Lissan area?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
5. After meeting with Colonel Clayton, Lawrence is sent to Jidda on what ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the taking of Akaba, what is the next step?
2. When Lawrence and his party leave Wadi Jesha and hope to reach Safra el Jesha, they cross valleys that have what?
3. Lawrence plans to go to Madeba and join Allenby in order to take what road?
4. Allenby wants the plan to take out the two extreme ends of the railroad bridges in Yarmuk completed by when?
5. While traveling to Cairo to see Colonel Clayton, Lawrence and his group change trains in Ismailia to wait for the express train from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Hejaz and Syria?
2. In November 1917, what is the Turkish belief about the British officers?
3. What are some of the differences among the zones in Syria?
4. Why does Lawrence kill one of his men when they are attacked by a band of eight Turks?
5. What is one of the differences between the Arab Army and the British Army?
6. Why is Feisal asked to hold off his move on Damascus?
7. What is occurring when Lawrence returns to Akaba from his vacation before the Dead Sea campaign?
8. What is the state of Akaba after it is captured by the Arabs?
9. How is Lawrence able to exist in the desert as the Arabs do?
10. How much supplies does Allenby move in a day for Feisal in the Dead Sea campaign?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)