|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back at the Guweira camp, Lawrence received how much gold from Akaba for expenses in the Dead Sea campaign?
(a) 20,000 pounds.
(b) 50,000 pounds.
(c) 40,000 pounds.
(d) 30,000 pounds.
2. In Book VI, what kind of transportation is Lloyd provided for his journey?
(a) A truck.
(b) Travel by train.
(c) Travel by air.
(d) A camel.
3. The doctor Lawrence stays with in Akaba carries a rich-looking saddle bag of what type?
4. Allenby gave Jaafar Pasha decorations and what title?
(a) General Officer Commanding the Northern Army.
(b) General Officer Commanding the Arab Force.
(c) General Officer Commanding the Arab Army.
(d) General Officer of the Southern Army.
5. What day is it when Lawrence returns to Akaba after his vacation?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Christmas Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the Turkish reward for British officers, dead or alive?
2. In order to protect Akaba, the men are deployed in four positions that form a semicircle around the highlands of what?
3. After the Jerusalem victory, when Lawrence is with Allenby's group, the plan is to be at Jordan by the end of when?
4. While Lawrence and his group are on the mission to mine the railroads, they meet whom outside of Azrak?
5. Lawrence and his group travel to which location in order to request supplies to relieve the suffering in Akaba?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is occurring when Lawrence returns to Akaba from his vacation before the Dead Sea campaign?
2. Who are the Ismailiya?
3. Why was the plan developed to attack the bridges in the Yarmuk River Valley?
4. What did Allenby do, without telling Feisal, that creates a disagreement between Feisal and his father?
5. What is the next step after the end of the Hejaz War?
6. What railroads meet at Deraa?
7. What is the state of Akaba after it is captured by the Arabs?
8. When Allenby is presented with the plan for the Yarmuk River Valley bridges, what does he say?
9. Why is the reward for Lawrence, by the Turks, so much higher than that for other British officers?
10. In November 1917, what is the Turkish belief about the British officers?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)