|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allenby wants the plan to take out the two extreme ends of the railroad bridges in Yarmuk completed by when?
(a) October 5.
(b) December 5.
(c) November 5.
(d) January 5.
2. How long will Lawrence and Dawnay need to travel from Deraa to Aba el Lissan?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
3. Instead of leaving one of his injured men to the cruelty of the Turks, what does Lawrence do?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Puts him on a camel.
(c) Calls for an evacuation by air.
(d) Carries him.
4. After the taking of Jerusalem, Allenby is basically immobile until mid-February when he would bring the push to what city?
5. When Lawrence's group arrives at Sherif Ali's camp, they help them cut the Turkish telegraph line to where?
Short Answer Questions
1. The taking of Akaba marks the end of what war?
2. Lawrence and his group travel to which location in order to request supplies to relieve the suffering in Akaba?
3. Allenby's plans to take Jordan happen during what year?
4. The situation at Medina goes from bad to worse when the Turks demand that everything south of _____ be abandoned.
5. How long will Lawrence and Dawnay need to cut the three railways and make their way out of the Aba el Lissan area?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lawrence need the help of the Serhan tribes in the Yarmuk River Valley plan?
2. What is the next step after the end of the Hejaz War?
3. When Allenby is presented with the plan for the Yarmuk River Valley bridges, what does he say?
4. What is the difference between Hejaz and Syria?
5. What are some of the differences among the zones in Syria?
6. In November 1917, what is the Turkish belief about the British officers?
7. When Lawrence and his men see the state of affairs in Akaba, what do they plan to do?
8. Who are the Ismailiya?
9. Why is Feisal asked to hold off his move on Damascus?
10. What is occurring when Lawrence returns to Akaba from his vacation before the Dead Sea campaign?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)