|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Feisal has placed his younger brother, named what, in charge of the Arabs for the Dead Sea campaign?
2. Before beginning the move to the Dead Sea with Allenby's group, Lawrence takes a one-week vacation where?
3. Instead of leaving one of his injured men to the cruelty of the Turks, what does Lawrence do?
(a) Puts him on a camel.
(b) Calls for an evacuation by air.
(c) Carries him.
(d) Shoots him.
4. Lawrence, Thorne, and others survey the train line, navigating through the dark using a compass and what?
(a) Star of Orion.
(d) Nothing but a compass.
5. After the taking of Akaba, what is the next step?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lawrence and his group finally set up camp to begin mining the bridge, they are how far from the bridge?
2. Fahad and _______ are chiefs of the Zebn.
3. Fahad has promised how many troops to help General Bols with taking Jordan?
4. The area of Aba el Lissan is subject to air attacks by whom?
5. How much does Lawrence pay Abdulla per month to be his bodyguard?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Allenby is presented with the plan for the Yarmuk River Valley bridges, what does he say?
2. Why does being in service to Allenby and Feisal cause problems for Lawrence?
3. Why are the people of Tafileh fearful when the British and Arabs take the city?
4. What are the Arabs trying to convince the Turks of regarding the big offensive in the autumn of 1918?
5. What is one of the differences between the Arab Army and the British Army?
6. What is the difference between Hejaz and Syria?
7. What is occurring when Lawrence returns to Akaba from his vacation before the Dead Sea campaign?
8. Why does Lawrence kill one of his men when they are attacked by a band of eight Turks?
9. What did Allenby do, without telling Feisal, that creates a disagreement between Feisal and his father?
10. Why is Feisal asked to hold off his move on Damascus?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)