|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the taking of Akaba, what is the next step?
2. What day is it when Lawrence returns to Akaba after his vacation?
(b) Independence Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Christmas Day.
3. While traveling to Cairo to see Colonel Clayton, Lawrence and his group change trains in Ismailia to wait for the express train from where?
(a) Port Yernnam.
(b) Port Jibba.
(c) Port Kalahid.
(d) Port Said.
4. Lawrence leaves Aba el Lissan and travels with what?
(a) A sharif.
(b) A jeep.
(c) A mirzuk.
(d) A camel.
5. Tafileh is an important town only if what city falls?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the taking of Jerusalem, Allenby is basically immobile until mid-February when he would bring the push to what city?
2. In order to protect Akaba, the men are deployed in four positions that form a semicircle around the highlands of what?
3. In order for Lawrence and Dawnay to cut the railways and have enough men, how many camels are they taking?
4. Due to the state of ruin in Akaba, what condition is present?
5. After Lawrence gets into a fight in Deraa, he is ordered to Allenby by what method?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Arabs trying to convince the Turks of regarding the big offensive in the autumn of 1918?
2. Why is Feisal asked to hold off his move on Damascus?
3. Why are the people of Tafileh fearful when the British and Arabs take the city?
4. Feisal tells the British that if they are not successful in taking Damascus, he will do what?
5. Why does Lawrence kill one of his men when they are attacked by a band of eight Turks?
6. Who are the Ismailiya?
7. What is the difference between Hejaz and Syria?
8. What is the state of Akaba after it is captured by the Arabs?
9. Why does Lawrence need the help of the Serhan tribes in the Yarmuk River Valley plan?
10. What is Joyce's role in the plans of 1918?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)