|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On April 18, the Arabs have to pull back from where?
2. When Lawrence and Ali set out on their mission, they are not very organized. They lose two men and find them where?
(a) Aba el Lissan.
3. If Lawrence and his group cannot get to Wadi Khalid, they will have to try to blow up the bridge at what location?
(a) Tell el Hammund.
(b) Tell el Kahid.
(c) Tell el Shehab.
(d) Tell el Yassum.
4. When Lawrence's group arrives at Sherif Ali's camp, they help them cut the Turkish telegraph line to where?
5. After the taking of Akaba, the Arabs become a part of what army?
(a) Arab army.
(b) Lawrence's army.
(c) Tribal army.
(d) Sinai army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Turkish general staff officer who offers peace terms to Feisal?
2. Before beginning the move to the Dead Sea with Allenby's group, Lawrence takes a one-week vacation where?
3. Without ________, Lawrence and his group cannot get to Wadi Khalid.
4. Dawnay says that the men of the Arab army are like the men of what European army?
5. After meeting with Colonel Clayton, Lawrence is sent to Jidda on what ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does being in service to Allenby and Feisal cause problems for Lawrence?
2. Why does Lawrence need the help of the Serhan tribes in the Yarmuk River Valley plan?
3. What are some of the plans made for the year of 1918?
4. Who are the Ismailiya?
5. How much supplies does Allenby move in a day for Feisal in the Dead Sea campaign?
6. Why is the reward for Lawrence, by the Turks, so much higher than that for other British officers?
7. What is Joyce's role in the plans of 1918?
8. When Lawrence and his men see the state of affairs in Akaba, what do they plan to do?
9. What is the difference between Hejaz and Syria?
10. What did Allenby do, without telling Feisal, that creates a disagreement between Feisal and his father?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)