|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dawnay says that the men of the Arab army are like the men of what European army?
2. What is the name of the Turkish general staff officer who offers peace terms to Feisal?
(a) Mustapha Gorda.
(b) Mustapha Turain.
(c) Mustapha ibn Kahir.
(d) Mustapha Kemal.
3. In Book IX, Dawnay and Lawrence talk to Allenby and whom about the plans for the Jordan initiative?
4. After the taking of Akaba, the Arabs become a part of what army?
(a) Lawrence's army.
(b) Arab army.
(c) Sinai army.
(d) Tribal army.
5. What day is it when Lawrence returns to Akaba after his vacation?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Independence Day.
(d) Christmas Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lawrence and his group travel to which location in order to request supplies to relieve the suffering in Akaba?
2. What is the name of the second Englishman in Tafileh who has been sent to gather intelligence about the Arab Front?
3. Fahad and _______ are chiefs of the Zebn.
4. Before beginning the move to the Dead Sea with Allenby's group, Lawrence takes a one-week vacation where?
5. While traveling to Cairo to see Colonel Clayton, Lawrence and his group change trains in Ismailia to wait for the express train from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does being in service to Allenby and Feisal cause problems for Lawrence?
2. What is the state of Akaba after it is captured by the Arabs?
3. What railroads meet at Deraa?
4. What are some of the differences among the zones in Syria?
5. What does Lawrence learn about on his vacation to Cairo before the Dead Sea campaign begins?
6. How is Lawrence able to exist in the desert as the Arabs do?
7. Why is Feisal asked to hold off his move on Damascus?
8. Why is the reward for Lawrence, by the Turks, so much higher than that for other British officers?
9. What are some of the plans made for the year of 1918?
10. Why does Lawrence need the help of the Serhan tribes in the Yarmuk River Valley plan?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)