|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the base engineer who goes with Lawrence and Ali to mine bridges?
2. Lawrence leaves Aba el Lissan and travels with what?
(a) A jeep.
(b) A sharif.
(c) A camel.
(d) A mirzuk.
3. What does Homs specialize in manufacturing?
(a) Wood products.
(b) Cotton and wool.
(c) Metal products.
(d) Brocaded silks.
4. The whole plan that Lawrence had for his men to attack railroad bridges and then return to Palestine relied on whom to approve it?
(a) King Abdulla.
(b) King Reada.
(c) King Sherif.
(d) King Hussein.
5. When Lawrence's group arrives at Sherif Ali's camp, they help them cut the Turkish telegraph line to where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Without ________, Lawrence and his group cannot get to Wadi Khalid.
2. The doctor Lawrence stays with in Akaba carries a rich-looking saddle bag of what type?
3. Joyce finds out that Lawrence plans to go to Azrak after cutting the railway lines at Deraa on what day?
4. Instead of leaving one of his injured men to the cruelty of the Turks, what does Lawrence do?
5. During the plan to take Jordan, Jaafar and the Arab regulars occupy the area north of what city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of Akaba after it is captured by the Arabs?
2. Why was the plan developed to attack the bridges in the Yarmuk River Valley?
3. What are the Arabs trying to convince the Turks of regarding the big offensive in the autumn of 1918?
4. What did Allenby do, without telling Feisal, that creates a disagreement between Feisal and his father?
5. Why does being in service to Allenby and Feisal cause problems for Lawrence?
6. Who are the Ismailiya?
7. How is Lawrence able to exist in the desert as the Arabs do?
8. What are some of the differences among the zones in Syria?
9. When Allenby is presented with the plan for the Yarmuk River Valley bridges, what does he say?
10. What are some of the plans made for the year of 1918?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)