|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the elements of attack on the railroad is to place what on it?
2. After the troops, on their march, pass through Wadi Gara, they come upon what Beduin tribe?
(a) Sheikh Farral el Abdua tribe.
(b) Sheikh Fahad el Hansha tribe.
(c) Mourad el Habad tribe.
(d) Mousah el Rashid tribe.
3. Yenbo is surrounded by water on how many sides?
4. Lawrence escapes from the situation in Egypt between the Turks and Arabs by going on vacation with whom?
5. What is the name of the secret society consisting of Arab officers in the Turkish army?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lawrence is in Port Sudan, he meets Davenport and Joyce who are leaving for where?
2. Under the leadership of Auda, the group goes through hills and valleys as they head for the summer camp of what?
3. What is the name of the railroad that supplies the Turks at Medina?
4. What was the Turkish Civil Code replaced with in many towns?
5. What is the name of the captain whom Lawrence does not impress because Lawrence is wearing an Arab headdress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the code with which the Turks fight and the code with which the Arabs fight?
2. Who are Hornby and Newcombe?
3. How do Feisal, Lawrence, and others decide that Yenbo can be made safe on the desert side?
4. Under what conditions was Feisal prepared to move and battle for Wejh?
5. How does Feisal communicate with his father while Feisal is an officer in the Turkish Army?
6. What is the psychological element of war, according to Lawrence?
7. Why are Lawrence and the others making the march under the leadership of Auda, mainly traveling at night?
8. What does Sherif Abdulla tell the British representatives about the state of Turkish law over the Arabs?
9. What is the algebraic element of war, according to Lawrence?
10. Why is Lawrence not happy to be sent back to Arabia and Feisal by Colonel Clayton as an advisor?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)