|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is a secret treaty between England, France, and whom to keep some of the Arab lands after the revolt ends?
2. Who is one of Lawrence's escorts as he goes to meet Feisal?
3. Most of the Arabs want to be rid of the Turks, instead of taking what other course of action?
(a) Conquering their empire.
(b) Living with the Turks.
(c) Enslaving the Turks.
(d) Establishing their own empire.
4. What problem does the Abu Tayi camp have?
5. With whom does the group stay while Auda travels to see Abu Tayi?
(a) Ali abu Farik.
(b) Ali abu Khalil.
(c) Ali abu Marash.
(d) Ali abu Fitna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yenbo is surrounded by water on how many sides?
2. After hearing the band play at Colonel Wilson's residence, where does Lawrence go?
3. After getting to Khabr Ajaj, the group tries to travel mostly at night because they are short on what?
4. The troops traveling with Feisal from Yenbo to the next attack have been with him for _____ months or longer.
5. After Lawrence and the group head out for Akaba, where do they go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sheikh Fahad el Hansha try to treat Lawrence?
2. Why does Ali ask Lawrence to wear Arab garb?
3. What does "Sherif" mean?
4. Why does Feisal ask Lawrence to change his British uniform for Arab garb?
5. What is the psychological element of war, according to Lawrence?
6. How does the Beduin see God?
7. Why is Lawrence not happy to be sent back to Arabia and Feisal by Colonel Clayton as an advisor?
8. How does Lawrence describe an Arab?
9. Why does Lawrence tell Auda that their group should not move on to Damascus?
10. How does Feisal communicate with his father while Feisal is an officer in the Turkish Army?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)