|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the chief of intelligence in Egypt?
2. Who are Abdulla and Lawrence working with to plan the attack on the Hejaz railroad?
(a) Sir Charles Waterford.
(b) Sir Archibald Murray.
(c) Sir Bremound Franklin.
(d) Sir Walter Langford.
3. What was the Turkish Civil Code replaced with in many towns?
(a) Koranic procedure.
(b) Talmud law.
(d) Arab civil code.
4. What word means that the person is a descendant of the prophet Mohammed?
5. Feisal feels that khaki uniforms symbolize what?
(c) The Turks.
(d) The British.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the secret society consisting of Arab officers in the Turkish army?
2. The author's first assignment, after entering the British Army, is to what expeditionary force?
3. After the troops, on their march, pass through Wadi Gara, they come upon what Beduin tribe?
4. How many British ships will be at Wejh with guns to help the Arabs?
5. Instead of wearing khaki, Faisel requests that Lawrence wear what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of the book, how do the British feel about the Arab Revolt?
2. When Lawrence and the men reach Ageila, what do the people do?
3. How does the Beduin see God?
4. Under what conditions was Feisal prepared to move and battle for Wejh?
5. What does Sherif Abdulla tell the British representatives about the state of Turkish law over the Arabs?
6. How does Feisal communicate with his father while Feisal is an officer in the Turkish Army?
7. Why does Lawrence tell Auda that their group should not move on to Damascus?
8. Who are Hornby and Newcombe?
9. What is the psychological element of war, according to Lawrence?
10. What happens to the role Feisal has to play after his victory at Wejh?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)