|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the reward being offered by the Turks for Lawrence and Ali after their successful railway destruction?
(a) Twenty thousand pounds.
(b) Five thousand pounds.
(c) One thousand pounds.
(d) Ten thousand pounds.
2. After Lawrence gets into a fight in Deraa, he is ordered to Allenby by what method?
3. Dawnay says that the men of the Arab army are like the men of what European army?
4. Due to the state of ruin in Akaba, what condition is present?
(d) Lack of water.
5. Lawrence and Clayton agree on who to be the commanding officer for Akaba?
6. Back at the Guweira camp, Lawrence received how much gold from Akaba for expenses in the Dead Sea campaign?
(a) 40,000 pounds.
(b) 30,000 pounds.
(c) 50,000 pounds.
(d) 20,000 pounds.
7. What day is it when Lawrence returns to Akaba after his vacation?
(a) New Year's Day.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) Christmas Day.
8. In order to protect Akaba, the men are deployed in four positions that form a semicircle around the highlands of what?
9. Allenby gave Jaafar Pasha decorations and what title?
(a) General Officer Commanding the Arab Force.
(b) General Officer of the Southern Army.
(c) General Officer Commanding the Arab Army.
(d) General Officer Commanding the Northern Army.
10. Allenby wants the plan to take out the two extreme ends of the railroad bridges in Yarmuk completed by when?
(a) January 5.
(b) November 5.
(c) October 5.
(d) December 5.
11. At the beginning of Book VII, Lawrence attends a banquet at whose headquarters?
12. Lawrence, Thorne, and others survey the train line, navigating through the dark using a compass and what?
(a) Nothing but a compass.
(b) Star of Orion.
13. What do the British call the type of bodyguard that Lawrence hires Abdulla to be?
(a) A cutthroat.
(b) A brazen guard.
(c) An assassin.
(d) A personal guard.
14. What is the name of the second Englishman in Tafileh who has been sent to gather intelligence about the Arab Front?
(a) Lieutenant Williams.
(b) Lieutenant Dranbury.
(c) Lieutenant Gatsby.
(d) Lieutenant Kirkbridge.
15. During the plan to take Jordan, Joyce is taking what type of vehicles to help him destroy the railroad near Mudowwara?
(c) Armored cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. While traveling to Cairo to see Colonel Clayton, Lawrence and his group change trains in Ismailia to wait for the express train from where?
2. During the plan to take Jordan, Jaafar and the Arab regulars occupy the area north of what city?
3. In Book IX, Dawnay and Lawrence talk to Allenby and whom about the plans for the Jordan initiative?
4. Before beginning the move to the Dead Sea with Allenby's group, Lawrence takes a one-week vacation where?
5. Lawrence and Clayton agree on who to be the supply officer for Akaba?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)