|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Feisal decides to send Lawrence to his younger brother who just suffered defeat and had to retreat. What is the name of the younger brother?
2. At what seaport do the passengers of the liner meet Abdulla?
3. Most of the Arabs want to be rid of the Turks, instead of taking what other course of action?
(a) Establishing their own empire.
(b) Living with the Turks.
(c) Conquering their empire.
(d) Enslaving the Turks.
4. Lawrence travels by what method to get from the liner to Feisal?
5. Who told Lawrence that the German staff in Constantinople ordered the troops to abandon Medina?
6. When Lawrence arrives at Yenbo for the second time, he finds Garland training the troops in the use of what?
(a) Subversive activities.
(b) Strategy and tactics.
(c) Munitions and explosives.
(d) Hand-to-hand combat.
7. After Lawrence leaves Feisal, where does he go on a holiday?
(a) Along the Red Sea.
(b) Along the Nile.
(c) Along the Gulf of Arabia.
(d) In Dubai.
8. Instead of wearing khaki, Faisel requests that Lawrence wear what?
(a) Meccan garb.
(b) Dark colors.
9. Who functions as the historian for the small group of British in Egypt?
10. What is the name of the captain whom Lawrence does not impress because Lawrence is wearing an Arab headdress?
(a) Captain Johnson.
(b) Captain Boyle.
(c) Captain Smythe.
(d) Captain Wingate.
11. What is the name of the British soldier who takes on the Arab landing party for the attack on Wejh?
12. What was the Turkish Civil Code replaced with in many towns?
(a) Talmud law.
(c) Arab civil code.
(d) Koranic procedure.
13. What is the name of the location where Feisal and Lawrence meet for the first time?
(b) Masruh Harb.
(d) Wadi Safra.
14. Who sends Lawrence back to Arabia and Feisal?
(a) Colonel Clayton.
(b) Colonel Byron.
(c) Colonel Crawford.
(d) Colonel Bryan.
15. The troops traveling with Feisal from Yenbo to the next attack have been with him for _____ months or longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lawrence has the support of Nasir and whom in his plan to take Akaba?
2. While in Ageila, Lawrence becomes ill from what?
3. What is the third of the three elements of war in which Lawrence believes?
4. On the march to Wejh, Feisal is dressed in what?
5. What event occurs before dinner in the Arab camp?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)