|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of wearing khaki, Faisel requests that Lawrence wear what?
(a) Dark colors.
(c) Meccan garb.
2. After Lawrence and the group head out for Akaba, where do they go?
(a) The oasis of Sharraf.
(b) The oasis of Kurr.
(c) The oasis of Aish.
(d) The oasis of El Kurr.
3. At the beginning of the book, the Arab region is part of what empire?
4. Whom does Lawrence march with to Akaba?
5. What is the name of the secret society consisting of Arab officers in the Turkish army?
6. What is the first of the three elements of war in which Lawrence believes?
(a) Numerological element.
(b) Algebraical element.
(c) Calculable element.
(d) Mathematical element.
7. How long does it take for Bremond to order the Suez batteries to assist the Arabs?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
8. The French think that Feisal moving to what place is a suicide mission and believe that troops should be put ashore at Rabegh instead?
(a) Waji Sevel.
9. After hearing the band play at Colonel Wilson's residence, where does Lawrence go?
(a) Suez Canal.
10. During the march from Wejh to attack the railroad, what do the troops encounter?
(a) Captured Turks.
(b) Rouge Turks.
(c) Feuding tribes.
(d) Beduin tents.
11. On what date do Abdulla and Lawrence leave Wadi Ais to go to the front?
(a) March 20.
(b) March 26.
(c) March 10.
(d) March 6.
12. How many British ships will be at Wejh with guns to help the Arabs?
13. What is the name of the liner on which Lawrence and others meet with the Turkish officers on their way to see the emir of Mecca?
14. While Lawrence is in Port Sudan, he meets Davenport and Joyce who are leaving for where?
15. On the march to Wejh, Feisal is dressed in what?
(a) Dress robes.
(c) Traditional Meccan robes.
(d) Military uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does the Abu Tayi camp have?
2. If the Arabs capture Akaba, what can they get?
3. Who later told Lawrence that he had guided the Turks down to rush Yenbo in the dark so that they might stamp out Feisal's army?
4. Feisal decides to send Lawrence to his younger brother who just suffered defeat and had to retreat. What is the name of the younger brother?
5. What is Lawrence ill with on the trip from Yenbo to Wadi Ais?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)