|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Ageila, Lawrence becomes ill from what?
(a) A snakebite.
(b) A louse bite.
(c) A tick bite.
(d) A scorpion bite.
2. Feisal decides to send Lawrence to his younger brother who just suffered defeat and had to retreat. What is the name of the younger brother?
3. Who is Lawrence's sponsor and the person with whom he is supposed to travel to the Yenbo base?
(a) Abd el Ali.
(b) Abd el Kalil.
(c) Abd el Yenbo.
(d) Abd el Kerim.
4. What is the name of the British soldier who takes on the Arab landing party for the attack on Wejh?
5. The move on Akaba begins with how many men?
6. Instead of letting the Arabs rule Mecca, the Turks put what official in place in Mecca?
7. After the group leaves Sharraf's camp, they meet some British riders. One of them is named what?
8. At what time do Lawrence and the rest set out for Akaba?
9. One of the elements of attack on the railroad is to place what on it?
10. What is the name of the secret society formed in Syria?
11. What is the first of the three elements of war in which Lawrence believes?
(a) Numerological element.
(b) Mathematical element.
(c) Algebraical element.
(d) Calculable element.
12. What city will Adbulla's father, the emir, not allow the Turks to enter until he is dead?
13. After Lawrence and the group head out for Akaba, where do they go?
(a) The oasis of Kurr.
(b) The oasis of Aish.
(c) The oasis of El Kurr.
(d) The oasis of Sharraf.
14. After the troops, on their march, pass through Wadi Gara, they come upon what Beduin tribe?
(a) Mourad el Habad tribe.
(b) Mousah el Rashid tribe.
(c) Sheikh Fahad el Hansha tribe.
(d) Sheikh Farral el Abdua tribe.
15. Why did Abdulla go to Wadi?
(a) To please Feisal.
(b) To fight for the cause.
(c) To gain prestige.
(d) To establish his own army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Feisal is an officer in the Turkish army and is forced to live, while in Syria, at the headquarters of whom?
2. Most of the Arabs want to be rid of the Turks, instead of taking what other course of action?
3. Instead of wearing khaki, Faisel requests that Lawrence wear what?
4. How long does it take for Bremond to order the Suez batteries to assist the Arabs?
5. What is the name of the captive taken to Constantinople who provides a modern education for his sons?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)