|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does the Abu Tayi camp have?
2. Where does the Beduin find God?
(a) In buildings.
(b) In science.
(c) In nature.
(d) In towns.
3. The author's first assignment, after entering the British Army, is to what expeditionary force?
4. At the beginning of the book, the Arab region is part of what empire?
5. After the troops, on their march, pass through Wadi Gara, they come upon what Beduin tribe?
(a) Mousah el Rashid tribe.
(b) Sheikh Fahad el Hansha tribe.
(c) Sheikh Farral el Abdua tribe.
(d) Mourad el Habad tribe.
6. Feisal feels that khaki uniforms symbolize what?
(a) The Turks.
(d) The British.
7. Who is the chief of the French military mission?
(a) Colonel Bremond.
(b) Colonel Fremound.
(c) Colonel Jacques.
(d) Colonel Gerrard.
8. After the group leaves Sharraf's camp, they meet some British riders. One of them is named what?
9. Instead of wearing khaki, Faisel requests that Lawrence wear what?
(a) Dark colors.
(b) Meccan garb.
10. What is the name of the secret society formed in Syria?
11. With whom does the group stay while Auda travels to see Abu Tayi?
(a) Ali abu Khalil.
(b) Ali abu Marash.
(c) Ali abu Fitna.
(d) Ali abu Farik.
12. Feisal, after the victory in Wejh, was also referred to as what type of court for western Arabia?
(a) High Court.
(b) Court of Relations.
(c) Court of Feuds.
(d) Court of Appeals.
13. When Lawrence arrives at Yenbo for the second time, he finds Garland training the troops in the use of what?
(a) Strategy and tactics.
(b) Hand-to-hand combat.
(c) Munitions and explosives.
(d) Subversive activities.
14. As the Turkish system is being replaced in towns, what type of order is being restored?
(a) Koranic order.
(b) Monarchic order.
(c) Tribal order.
(d) Arab order.
15. Feisal decides to send Lawrence to his younger brother who just suffered defeat and had to retreat. What is the name of the younger brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Most of the Arabs want to be rid of the Turks, instead of taking what other course of action?
2. Where is the location that Feisal wants to take his troops so that they can help with the blockade and still receive supplies from Yenbo?
3. One of the elements of attack on the railroad is to place what on it?
4. How many days does it take the Turks to restore service on the railroad line after the successful attack?
5. Feisal is an officer in the Turkish army and is forced to live, while in Syria, at the headquarters of whom?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)