|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Feisal, after the victory in Wejh, was also referred to as what type of court for western Arabia?
(a) Court of Feuds.
(b) Court of Appeals.
(c) Court of Relations.
(d) High Court.
2. What is the first of the three elements of war in which Lawrence believes?
(a) Mathematical element.
(b) Calculable element.
(c) Numerological element.
(d) Algebraical element.
3. Lawrence feels that Abdulla's people are not as _________ as Feisal's are.
4. Instead of wearing khaki, Faisel requests that Lawrence wear what?
(b) Dark colors.
(d) Meccan garb.
5. Feisal is an officer in the Turkish army and is forced to live, while in Syria, at the headquarters of whom?
(a) Michal Farish.
(b) Jemal Pasha.
(c) Ronald Sores.
(d) Abdual Ali.
6. What is the name of the railroad that supplies the Turks at Medina?
7. At what seaport do the passengers of the liner meet Abdulla?
8. The author's first assignment, after entering the British Army, is to what expeditionary force?
9. Who is Lawrence's sponsor and the person with whom he is supposed to travel to the Yenbo base?
(a) Abd el Yenbo.
(b) Abd el Ali.
(c) Abd el Kalil.
(d) Abd el Kerim.
10. What word means that the person is a descendant of the prophet Mohammed?
11. What city will Adbulla's father, the emir, not allow the Turks to enter until he is dead?
12. While Lawrence is in Yenbo, Abdulla is using his troops to blockade what city?
13. Yenbo is surrounded by water on how many sides?
14. Who functions as the historian for the small group of British in Egypt?
15. What event occurs before dinner in the Arab camp?
(a) Tea time.
(b) Rest time.
(c) Sunset prayer.
(d) Happy hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the captain whom Lawrence does not impress because Lawrence is wearing an Arab headdress?
2. As the Turkish system is being replaced in towns, what type of order is being restored?
3. The Turks first appeared in the Arab world as what?
4. Most of the Arabs want to be rid of the Turks, instead of taking what other course of action?
5. At the outbreak of World War I, the author was working for a museum at what location?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)