|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most of the Arabs want to be rid of the Turks, instead of taking what other course of action?
(a) Living with the Turks.
(b) Conquering their empire.
(c) Enslaving the Turks.
(d) Establishing their own empire.
2. Bremond and Lawrence disagree on a plan to take what city?
3. On the march to Wejh, Feisal is dressed in what?
(a) Traditional Meccan robes.
(b) Military uniform.
(d) Dress robes.
4. Whom does Lawrence march with to Akaba?
5. At what seaport do the passengers of the liner meet Abdulla?
6. After Lawrence and the group head out for Akaba, where do they go?
(a) The oasis of Kurr.
(b) The oasis of El Kurr.
(c) The oasis of Sharraf.
(d) The oasis of Aish.
7. What is the name of the secret society consisting of Arab officers in the Turkish army?
8. The Turks are divided into two groups, the Old Turks and whom?
(a) The Young Turks.
(b) The Revolutionary Turks.
(c) The Bright Turks.
(d) The New Turks.
9. The Turks first appeared in the Arab world as what?
10. While Lawrence is in Port Sudan, he meets Davenport and Joyce who are leaving for where?
11. Feisal, after the victory in Wejh, was also referred to as what type of court for western Arabia?
(a) Court of Feuds.
(b) High Court.
(c) Court of Appeals.
(d) Court of Relations.
12. The troops traveling with Feisal from Yenbo to the next attack have been with him for _____ months or longer.
13. At what time do Lawrence and the rest set out for Akaba?
14. Lawrence escapes from the situation in Egypt between the Turks and Arabs by going on vacation with whom?
15. What is the third of the three elements of war in which Lawrence believes?
(a) Physiological element.
(b) Psychological element.
(c) Strategic element.
(d) Tactical element.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Feisal's agent in Yenbo?
2. When Lawrence arrives at Yenbo for the second time, he finds Garland training the troops in the use of what?
3. What is Lawrence ill with on the trip from Yenbo to Wadi Ais?
4. Who is the chief of intelligence in Egypt?
5. Who later told Lawrence that he had guided the Turks down to rush Yenbo in the dark so that they might stamp out Feisal's army?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)