|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the group stay while Auda travels to see Abu Tayi?
(a) Ali abu Marash.
(b) Ali abu Farik.
(c) Ali abu Fitna.
(d) Ali abu Khalil.
2. The French think that Feisal moving to what place is a suicide mission and believe that troops should be put ashore at Rabegh instead?
(d) Waji Sevel.
3. Where does the Beduin find God?
(a) In buildings.
(b) In towns.
(c) In nature.
(d) In science.
4. Abdulla is very interested in the progress of World War I in what location?
(a) South America.
(b) The Middle East.
5. After hearing the band play at Colonel Wilson's residence, where does Lawrence go?
(d) Suez Canal.
6. As the Turkish system is being replaced in towns, what type of order is being restored?
(a) Koranic order.
(b) Arab order.
(c) Monarchic order.
(d) Tribal order.
7. Whom does Lawrence march with to Akaba?
8. What is Lawrence ill with on the trip from Yenbo to Wadi Ais?
(a) Fever and dysentery.
(b) Flu and motion sickness.
(c) Pox and fever.
(d) Dysentery and pox.
9. What is the name of the captive taken to Constantinople who provides a modern education for his sons?
(a) Abdulla ibn Ali.
(b) Zeid ibn Ali.
(c) Ali ibn Ali.
(d) Hussein ibn Ali.
10. What event occurs at the beginning of the day in the Arab camp?
(c) Call to prayer.
11. How many days does it take the Turks to restore service on the railroad line after the successful attack?
(a) Two days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Three days.
12. What is the name of the British soldier who takes on the Arab landing party for the attack on Wejh?
13. Instead of letting the Arabs rule Mecca, the Turks put what official in place in Mecca?
14. When Lawrence arrives at Yenbo for the second time, he finds Garland training the troops in the use of what?
(a) Subversive activities.
(b) Munitions and explosives.
(c) Hand-to-hand combat.
(d) Strategy and tactics.
15. Who is Lawrence's sponsor and the person with whom he is supposed to travel to the Yenbo base?
(a) Abd el Yenbo.
(b) Abd el Ali.
(c) Abd el Kerim.
(d) Abd el Kalil.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what seaport do the passengers of the liner meet Abdulla?
2. Who are Abdulla and Lawrence working with to plan the attack on the Hejaz railroad?
3. The Turks are divided into two groups, the Old Turks and whom?
4. What is the name of the location where Feisal and Lawrence meet for the first time?
5. The author's first assignment, after entering the British Army, is to what expeditionary force?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)