|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the group leaves Sharraf's camp, they meet some British riders. One of them is named what?
2. While Lawrence is in Port Sudan, he meets Davenport and Joyce who are leaving for where?
3. How long does it take for Bremond to order the Suez batteries to assist the Arabs?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
4. The author's first assignment, after entering the British Army, is to what expeditionary force?
5. What is the name of the liner on which Lawrence and others meet with the Turkish officers on their way to see the emir of Mecca?
6. Who functions as the historian for the small group of British in Egypt?
7. Bremond and Lawrence disagree on a plan to take what city?
8. What is the name of the captive taken to Constantinople who provides a modern education for his sons?
(a) Abdulla ibn Ali.
(b) Ali ibn Ali.
(c) Hussein ibn Ali.
(d) Zeid ibn Ali.
9. Feisal decides to send Lawrence to his younger brother who just suffered defeat and had to retreat. What is the name of the younger brother?
10. Under the leadership of Auda, the group goes through hills and valleys as they head for the summer camp of what?
(a) The howeitat.
(b) The jeahan.
(c) The emir.
(d) The sultan.
11. As the Turkish system is being replaced in towns, what type of order is being restored?
(a) Monarchic order.
(b) Tribal order.
(c) Koranic order.
(d) Arab order.
12. When Lawrence arrives at Yenbo for the second time, he finds Garland training the troops in the use of what?
(a) Hand-to-hand combat.
(b) Munitions and explosives.
(c) Strategy and tactics.
(d) Subversive activities.
13. After the troops, on their march, pass through Wadi Gara, they come upon what Beduin tribe?
(a) Mourad el Habad tribe.
(b) Sheikh Fahad el Hansha tribe.
(c) Mousah el Rashid tribe.
(d) Sheikh Farral el Abdua tribe.
14. Who are Abdulla and Lawrence working with to plan the attack on the Hejaz railroad?
(a) Sir Bremound Franklin.
(b) Sir Archibald Murray.
(c) Sir Walter Langford.
(d) Sir Charles Waterford.
15. Who is the chief of intelligence in Egypt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the captain whom Lawrence does not impress because Lawrence is wearing an Arab headdress?
2. How many British ships will be at Wejh with guns to help the Arabs?
3. While in Ageila, Lawrence becomes ill from what?
4. What is the name of the location where Feisal and Lawrence meet for the first time?
5. How many days does it take the Turks to restore service on the railroad line after the successful attack?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)