|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the troops, on their march, pass through Wadi Gara, they come upon what Beduin tribe?
(a) Sheikh Farral el Abdua tribe.
(b) Mourad el Habad tribe.
(c) Sheikh Fahad el Hansha tribe.
(d) Mousah el Rashid tribe.
2. Who told Lawrence that the German staff in Constantinople ordered the troops to abandon Medina?
3. Who are Abdulla and Lawrence working with to plan the attack on the Hejaz railroad?
(a) Sir Charles Waterford.
(b) Sir Archibald Murray.
(c) Sir Walter Langford.
(d) Sir Bremound Franklin.
4. What does Lawrence do with the extra two nights at El Kurr?
(a) Learn Arab music.
(b) Practice English with the others.
(c) Practice his Arabic.
(d) Learn Arab dance.
5. Why did Abdulla go to Wadi?
(a) To establish his own army.
(b) To fight for the cause.
(c) To please Feisal.
(d) To gain prestige.
6. The troops traveling with Feisal from Yenbo to the next attack have been with him for _____ months or longer.
7. Nesib offers his help to take Akaba if Lawrence will support his attempt to begin a Syrian movement without whom?
(b) The sultan.
(d) The sharif of Mecca.
8. Lawrence has the support of Nasir and whom in his plan to take Akaba?
9. What is the first of the three elements of war in which Lawrence believes?
(a) Mathematical element.
(b) Algebraical element.
(c) Numerological element.
(d) Calculable element.
10. When Lawrence arrives at Yenbo for the second time, he finds Garland training the troops in the use of what?
(a) Munitions and explosives.
(b) Strategy and tactics.
(c) Hand-to-hand combat.
(d) Subversive activities.
11. The attack on Akaba is planned to be coordinated from where?
(b) El Ashaba.
(d) El Jefer.
12. Lawrence travels by what method to get from the liner to Feisal?
13. While Lawrence is gone on vacation, he arranges to have himself transferred from his current command to what bureau?
(a) Intelligence Bureau.
(b) Support Bureau.
(c) Arab Bureau.
(d) Turkish Bureau.
14. On the march to Wejh, Feisal is dressed in what?
(b) Traditional Meccan robes.
(c) Dress robes.
(d) Military uniform.
15. Lawrence feels that Abdulla's people are not as _________ as Feisal's are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means that the person is a descendant of the prophet Mohammed?
2. What is the name of the secret society consisting of Arab officers in the Turkish army?
3. The author's first assignment, after entering the British Army, is to what expeditionary force?
4. At what time do Lawrence and the rest set out for Akaba?
5. What is the name of the captive taken to Constantinople who provides a modern education for his sons?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)