|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abdulla gained the respect of the Arabs by having the revolt be successful in what city?
2. England is involved in a war with this country when the Arab uprising begins to occur.
3. At the beginning of the book, the Arab region is part of what empire?
4. While in Ageila, Lawrence becomes ill from what?
(a) A snakebite.
(b) A louse bite.
(c) A scorpion bite.
(d) A tick bite.
5. What does Lawrence do with the extra two nights at El Kurr?
(a) Practice his Arabic.
(b) Learn Arab dance.
(c) Practice English with the others.
(d) Learn Arab music.
6. What location is Fesial sent to, by his father, in order to consult and survey the situation before a revolt is declared?
7. Who is Feisal's agent in Yenbo?
(a) Alin el Kathir.
(b) Amir el Abl.
(c) Kalil el Akbar.
(d) Abd el Kader.
8. What word means that the person is a descendant of the prophet Mohammed?
9. What is the second of the three elements of war in which Lawrence believes?
(a) Human element.
(b) Tribal element.
(c) Relational element.
(d) Biological element.
10. Where is the location that Feisal wants to take his troops so that they can help with the blockade and still receive supplies from Yenbo?
(a) Wadi Ais.
(b) Wadi Ariasis.
(c) Wadi Abdul.
(d) Wadi Allryah.
11. At what time do Lawrence and the rest set out for Akaba?
12. Why did Abdulla go to Wadi?
(a) To gain prestige.
(b) To please Feisal.
(c) To establish his own army.
(d) To fight for the cause.
13. What was the Turkish Civil Code replaced with in many towns?
(a) Koranic procedure.
(c) Arab civil code.
(d) Talmud law.
14. At what seaport do the passengers of the liner meet Abdulla?
15. What is the name of the holy book of the Arabs?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Lawrence and the group head out for Akaba, where do they go?
2. There is a secret treaty between England, France, and whom to keep some of the Arab lands after the revolt ends?
3. After hearing the band play at Colonel Wilson's residence, where does Lawrence go?
4. Nesib offers his help to take Akaba if Lawrence will support his attempt to begin a Syrian movement without whom?
5. The Turks are divided into two groups, the Old Turks and whom?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)