|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city will Adbulla's father, the emir, not allow the Turks to enter until he is dead?
2. What are Lawrence and the men carrying with them on the march to Akaba so that they can pay others?
(a) Gold notes.
(b) Gold chains.
(c) Gold pounds.
(d) Gold nuggets.
3. What problem does the Abu Tayi camp have?
4. The attack on Akaba is planned to be coordinated from where?
(a) El Ashaba.
(d) El Jefer.
5. The author's first assignment, after entering the British Army, is to what expeditionary force?
6. The move on Akaba begins with how many men?
7. Where does the Beduin find God?
(a) In science.
(b) In nature.
(c) In towns.
(d) In buildings.
8. Yenbo is surrounded by water on how many sides?
9. After the troops, on their march, pass through Wadi Gara, they come upon what Beduin tribe?
(a) Sheikh Fahad el Hansha tribe.
(b) Mourad el Habad tribe.
(c) Sheikh Farral el Abdua tribe.
(d) Mousah el Rashid tribe.
10. What is the name of the liner on which Lawrence and others meet with the Turkish officers on their way to see the emir of Mecca?
11. Who functions as the historian for the small group of British in Egypt?
12. How many British ships will be at Wejh with guns to help the Arabs?
13. What is Lawrence ill with on the trip from Yenbo to Wadi Ais?
(a) Flu and motion sickness.
(b) Dysentery and pox.
(c) Pox and fever.
(d) Fever and dysentery.
14. What location is Fesial sent to, by his father, in order to consult and survey the situation before a revolt is declared?
15. What event occurs at the beginning of the day in the Arab camp?
(c) Call to prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Abdulla and Lawrence working with to plan the attack on the Hejaz railroad?
2. Instead of letting the Arabs rule Mecca, the Turks put what official in place in Mecca?
3. After Lawrence leaves Feisal, where does he go on a holiday?
4. One of the elements of attack on the railroad is to place what on it?
5. Abdulla is very interested in the progress of World War I in what location?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)