|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for Bremond to order the Suez batteries to assist the Arabs?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Eighteen months.
2. What is the name of the location where Feisal and Lawrence meet for the first time?
(a) Wadi Safra.
(b) Masruh Harb.
3. The Turks are divided into two groups, the Old Turks and whom?
(a) The Bright Turks.
(b) The Young Turks.
(c) The Revolutionary Turks.
(d) The New Turks.
4. After getting to Khabr Ajaj, the group tries to travel mostly at night because they are short on what?
5. Lawrence received orders from Clayton to wait in Wejh for the arrival of the Egyptian patrol ship named what?
(a) Nur il Attara.
(b) Nur il Allaham.
(c) Nur il Baham.
(d) Nur il Bahr.
6. Who is the author of the book?
(a) T. E. Elliot.
(b) T. E. Roberts.
(c) T. E. Lawrence.
(d) T. E. Givvens.
7. Where is the location that Feisal wants to take his troops so that they can help with the blockade and still receive supplies from Yenbo?
(a) Wadi Allryah.
(b) Wadi Ariasis.
(c) Wadi Abdul.
(d) Wadi Ais.
8. Why did Abdulla go to Wadi?
(a) To please Feisal.
(b) To gain prestige.
(c) To establish his own army.
(d) To fight for the cause.
9. After the group leaves Sharraf's camp, they meet some British riders. One of them is named what?
10. The move on Akaba begins with how many men?
11. While Lawrence is in Port Sudan, he meets Davenport and Joyce who are leaving for where?
12. What is the name of the captain whom Lawrence does not impress because Lawrence is wearing an Arab headdress?
(a) Captain Smythe.
(b) Captain Johnson.
(c) Captain Wingate.
(d) Captain Boyle.
13. Most of the Arabs want to be rid of the Turks, instead of taking what other course of action?
(a) Establishing their own empire.
(b) Conquering their empire.
(c) Living with the Turks.
(d) Enslaving the Turks.
14. After the troops, on their march, pass through Wadi Gara, they come upon what Beduin tribe?
(a) Mourad el Habad tribe.
(b) Sheikh Fahad el Hansha tribe.
(c) Mousah el Rashid tribe.
(d) Sheikh Farral el Abdua tribe.
15. What is Lawrence ill with on the trip from Yenbo to Wadi Ais?
(a) Dysentery and pox.
(b) Fever and dysentery.
(c) Flu and motion sickness.
(d) Pox and fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who functions as the historian for the small group of British in Egypt?
2. Whom does Lawrence march with to Akaba?
3. If the Arabs capture Akaba, what can they get?
4. Lawrence feels that Abdulla's people are not as _________ as Feisal's are.
5. What is the second of the three elements of war in which Lawrence believes?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)