|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lawrence do with the extra two nights at El Kurr?
(a) Practice English with the others.
(b) Learn Arab dance.
(c) Practice his Arabic.
(d) Learn Arab music.
2. What event occurs at the beginning of the day in the Arab camp?
(d) Call to prayer.
3. Who functions as the historian for the small group of British in Egypt?
4. After getting to Khabr Ajaj, the group tries to travel mostly at night because they are short on what?
5. Under the leadership of Auda, the group goes through hills and valleys as they head for the summer camp of what?
(a) The sultan.
(b) The howeitat.
(c) The emir.
(d) The jeahan.
6. After Lawrence leaves Feisal, where does he go on a holiday?
(a) Along the Nile.
(b) In Dubai.
(c) Along the Gulf of Arabia.
(d) Along the Red Sea.
7. Who is Feisal's agent in Yenbo?
(a) Alin el Kathir.
(b) Abd el Kader.
(c) Amir el Abl.
(d) Kalil el Akbar.
8. What is the name of the captive taken to Constantinople who provides a modern education for his sons?
(a) Hussein ibn Ali.
(b) Abdulla ibn Ali.
(c) Zeid ibn Ali.
(d) Ali ibn Ali.
9. What is the name of the railroad that supplies the Turks at Medina?
10. Feisal decides to send Lawrence to his younger brother who just suffered defeat and had to retreat. What is the name of the younger brother?
11. Nesib offers his help to take Akaba if Lawrence will support his attempt to begin a Syrian movement without whom?
(a) The sharif of Mecca.
(b) The sultan.
12. What was the Turkish Civil Code replaced with in many towns?
(a) Koranic procedure.
(b) Talmud law.
(c) Arab civil code.
13. What is the name of the captain whom Lawrence does not impress because Lawrence is wearing an Arab headdress?
(a) Captain Smythe.
(b) Captain Boyle.
(c) Captain Johnson.
(d) Captain Wingate.
14. Feisal, after the victory in Wejh, was also referred to as what type of court for western Arabia?
(a) High Court.
(b) Court of Feuds.
(c) Court of Appeals.
(d) Court of Relations.
15. At what seaport do the passengers of the liner meet Abdulla?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the location where Feisal and Lawrence meet for the first time?
2. Instead of letting the Arabs rule Mecca, the Turks put what official in place in Mecca?
3. What is the third of the three elements of war in which Lawrence believes?
4. Lawrence received orders from Clayton to wait in Wejh for the arrival of the Egyptian patrol ship named what?
5. Whom does Lawrence march with to Akaba?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)