|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lawrence received orders from Clayton to wait in Wejh for the arrival of the Egyptian patrol ship named what?
(a) Nur il Allaham.
(b) Nur il Baham.
(c) Nur il Attara.
(d) Nur il Bahr.
2. What is the third of the three elements of war in which Lawrence believes?
(a) Psychological element.
(b) Strategic element.
(c) Physiological element.
(d) Tactical element.
3. The Turks are divided into two groups, the Old Turks and whom?
(a) The Revolutionary Turks.
(b) The Bright Turks.
(c) The Young Turks.
(d) The New Turks.
4. One of the elements of attack on the railroad is to place what on it?
5. After the troops, on their march, pass through Wadi Gara, they come upon what Beduin tribe?
(a) Sheikh Fahad el Hansha tribe.
(b) Mousah el Rashid tribe.
(c) Mourad el Habad tribe.
(d) Sheikh Farral el Abdua tribe.
6. After Lawrence leaves Feisal, where does he go on a holiday?
(a) In Dubai.
(b) Along the Gulf of Arabia.
(c) Along the Red Sea.
(d) Along the Nile.
7. During the march from Wejh to attack the railroad, what do the troops encounter?
(a) Beduin tents.
(b) Feuding tribes.
(c) Captured Turks.
(d) Rouge Turks.
8. How many days does it take the Turks to restore service on the railroad line after the successful attack?
(a) Three days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Ten days.
9. At the beginning of the book, the Arab region is part of what empire?
10. England is involved in a war with this country when the Arab uprising begins to occur.
11. Who later told Lawrence that he had guided the Turks down to rush Yenbo in the dark so that they might stamp out Feisal's army?
(a) Kahalil Allah.
(b) Dakhil Allah.
(c) Ferach Allah.
(d) Meluah Allah.
12. Nesib offers his help to take Akaba if Lawrence will support his attempt to begin a Syrian movement without whom?
(a) The sultan.
(c) The sharif of Mecca.
13. What is Lawrence ill with on the trip from Yenbo to Wadi Ais?
(a) Pox and fever.
(b) Dysentery and pox.
(c) Fever and dysentery.
(d) Flu and motion sickness.
14. Lawrence travels by what method to get from the liner to Feisal?
15. At what time do Lawrence and the rest set out for Akaba?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lawrence's sponsor and the person with whom he is supposed to travel to the Yenbo base?
2. After Lawrence and the group head out for Akaba, where do they go?
3. What is the name of the secret society consisting of Arab officers in the Turkish army?
4. Instead of wearing khaki, Faisel requests that Lawrence wear what?
5. The attack on Akaba is planned to be coordinated from where?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)