|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abdulla is very interested in the progress of World War I in what location?
(a) South America.
(d) The Middle East.
2. While Lawrence is gone on vacation, he arranges to have himself transferred from his current command to what bureau?
(a) Intelligence Bureau.
(b) Turkish Bureau.
(c) Arab Bureau.
(d) Support Bureau.
3. Who is the chief of intelligence in Egypt?
4. After hearing the band play at Colonel Wilson's residence, where does Lawrence go?
(c) Suez Canal.
5. Why did Abdulla go to Wadi?
(a) To fight for the cause.
(b) To establish his own army.
(c) To please Feisal.
(d) To gain prestige.
6. Lawrence travels by what method to get from the liner to Feisal?
7. What does Lawrence do with the extra two nights at El Kurr?
(a) Practice English with the others.
(b) Learn Arab music.
(c) Learn Arab dance.
(d) Practice his Arabic.
8. What is the name of the captive taken to Constantinople who provides a modern education for his sons?
(a) Abdulla ibn Ali.
(b) Hussein ibn Ali.
(c) Zeid ibn Ali.
(d) Ali ibn Ali.
9. On what date do Abdulla and Lawrence leave Wadi Ais to go to the front?
(a) March 6.
(b) March 20.
(c) March 26.
(d) March 10.
10. Where is the location that Feisal wants to take his troops so that they can help with the blockade and still receive supplies from Yenbo?
(a) Wadi Abdul.
(b) Wadi Ais.
(c) Wadi Ariasis.
(d) Wadi Allryah.
11. What is the name of the British soldier who takes on the Arab landing party for the attack on Wejh?
12. Yenbo is surrounded by water on how many sides?
13. Lawrence feels that Abdulla's people are not as _________ as Feisal's are.
14. Who later told Lawrence that he had guided the Turks down to rush Yenbo in the dark so that they might stamp out Feisal's army?
(a) Ferach Allah.
(b) Dakhil Allah.
(c) Kahalil Allah.
(d) Meluah Allah.
15. What are Lawrence and the men carrying with them on the march to Akaba so that they can pay others?
(a) Gold nuggets.
(b) Gold notes.
(c) Gold pounds.
(d) Gold chains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abdulla gained the respect of the Arabs by having the revolt be successful in what city?
2. The author's first assignment, after entering the British Army, is to what expeditionary force?
3. At the outbreak of World War I, the author was working for a museum at what location?
4. What event occurs before dinner in the Arab camp?
5. Who is one of Lawrence's escorts as he goes to meet Feisal?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)